ImageImage

If you were Adam Silver...

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,618

If you were Adam Silver... 

Post#1 » by Gianstoppable » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:17 pm

With all this talk about division leaders not being guaranteed a spot in the playoffs, possible lockout in 2017 and the hack-a-shaq strategy I was wondering what you guys would do if you had Mr. Silvers power?
#FreeChuckDiesel
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,118

Re: If you were Adam Silver... 

Post#2 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:36 pm

That's very vague to get into specifics but I would say he should be being extremely pro-active right now in order to avoid the impending lockout/strike that's coming. The league is trending up very very hard right now and you can't let that get derailed. Let's be real, the owners crushed the players last time around so they should be the ones extending the open arms right now to come up with a solution.

I know the common argument is going to be well look how much the cap will go up soon and the contract these guys are getting are ridiculous. That's all true, but in the player's eyes it should be more after seeing the purchase price on franchises and the new TV deals. The max salary cap on the truly elite players is kind of inflating the salaries of all these other guys that we're all rolling our eyes at when they get massive deals.

So in my opinion, the tweaks you mentioned are all fine but this should be agenda #1.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Post#3 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Top 16 teams get into the playoffs.
Throw a good chunk of money at the D-League to make it competitive with other leagues.
Hard cap.
Much higher max salaries, possibly even no max.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#4 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:43 pm

grow some hair
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,618

Post#5 » by Gianstoppable » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:52 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:grow some hair

Maybe he can talk to Lebrons guy.

I think I would do top 16 in, first series is 5 games.
I'd go baseballs route of either come out after HS or go to college for at least 3 years before the draft.
(I know this will never happen) but get some type of opt out clause so teams wont get screwed over when someone like Larry Sanders decides to quit when his deal just kicks in.
#FreeChuckDiesel
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,118

Post#6 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:56 pm

We discussed the playoffs in a different thread. Due the travel issues of letting all 16 in some liked the idea of letting better records from one conference that didn't make it be allowed to take the spot in the other conference of teams with worse records. So this year OKC would have taken Boston's spot. Then allow the top 4 seeds to "pick their opponent" so that the 1 seed can choose to play whoever they want rather than potentially deal with a poor travel schedule of playing the team from the opposite conference.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#7 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Hack-a-Shaq may not make for the most aesthetically pleasing product but I've never had a huge problem with it. Its part of the strategy of the game. I largely agree with BadgerBucks about the 2017 lockout, but not knowing too many specifics I'll largely demure beyond that.

The division one is interesting. It probably wouldn't change a lot unless you had a division that was just all-around awful because even a division full of bad teams, the least bad team(s) will likely sneak into the playoffs just by cleaning up against the other teams in the division. For example, the Celtics made into the playoffs largely by beating down there divisional brethren. They were 12-4 against the Atlantic division and were 28-38 otherwise.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks