ImageImage

Raptors or Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ybilynets
Ballboy
And1: 16

Raptors or Bucks 

Post#1 » by ybilynets » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:51 pm

I'm a raptors fan, butI would like to hear your honest opinion of whether your team is better than ours and why... and dw I won't be offended
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Re: Raptors or Bucks 

Post#2 » by buckboy » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:56 pm

I think it's close, but I think the Raptors are better for this coming year.

Why they didn't tear it down and tank is beyond me though.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Raptors or Bucks 

Post#3 » by machu46 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:03 pm

I would say the Raptors are better now, but we're hopeful that we'll start making our ascent in the next year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RealBucksFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 176

Post#4 » by RealBucksFan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:04 pm

I think it probably comes down to health, but I think the Bucks may pass the Raptors this season. Depends on how Lowry plays, but I think Toronto didn't improve enough to stave off some regression. And Milwaukee could be better if Monroe is used effectively and Giannis makes a jump.

Really difficult to predict how good the Bucks will be, though, since they are relying on a lot of young players. I think the Bucks could be anywhere in the 3-10 range of the East. The Bucks' ceiling is probably higher than Toronto's, but the team is more likely to be a disappointment as well.
feldm093
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#5 » by feldm093 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Just looking at Toronto's roster right now, there isn't a single guy that really jumps out as fantastic to me. Lowry is still a very solid PG, and obviously a slight upgrade over MCW in running an offense. Not a believer in DeMar and think Jonas is good but not great. Raptors have enough talent still to make a mark this upcoming season, and probably will jump out to a hotter start than Milwaukee as they try to figure out their chemistry and rotation, but next year and beyond I'm banking on the Bucks as the better team.

Though, maybe Vasquez will be a killer off the bench and lead us to a ECF appearance :)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:09 pm

buckboy wrote:I think it's close, but I think the Raptors are better for this coming year.

Why they didn't tear it down and tank is beyond me though.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#7 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Lowry/Joseph/Wright
DeRozan/Ross/Powell
Carroll/Johnson/Caboclo
Patterson/Scola/Johnson
Valanciunas/Biyombo/Bebe'

Carroll is a nice defender but aside from Biyombo and James Johnson your defense in the post looks like it's going to be a weakness. Pat + Jonas try hard but they aren't good defenders. Personally if we are healthy I honestly feel like the Bucks are better at every position. Obviously Lowry is better offensively until he goes into hero chucker mode and DeRozan continues to get more efficient but on paper I think you are going to rely on mostly outside shooting to win.

MCW/Greivis/Bayless/Ennis
Middleton/Mayo/Vaughn
Jabari/Inglis/Copeland
Giannis/Copeland/JOB
Monroe/Henson/Plumlee

Right now I think the Cavs, Bulls, Hawks, Wizards, Heat, Hornets, and potentially the Bucks and Celtics may have better rosters than the Raptors.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#8 » by JayMKE » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:30 pm

Next year? Maybe. Going forward there isn't a Bucks fan on the planet that would trade rosters. Bucks have a much higher ceiling as a team.
FREE GIANNIS
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#9 » by breakchains » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:44 pm

I'll take the Bucks now and of course later. Maybe not the first 30 games or so, but by the second half of the year, I expect the Bucks to be the better team.
RealBucksFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 176

Post#10 » by RealBucksFan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:04 pm

Now that I think about it, Toronto may be in line for a significant drop-off. I almost forgot they lost Lou Williams, their best scorer. I know Williams gets a lot of flak for his shot selection, but he led Toronto in points per 36 last season with 56.4% TS and was a major crunch time option - he only played 25 MPG, but his production will still be impossible for any individual Raptor to replicate.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#11 » by M-C-G » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:55 pm

ybilynets wrote:I'm a raptors fan, butI would like to hear your honest opinion of whether your team is better than ours and why... and dw I won't be offended

I think Carroll was a monster add to a team that seemed to lack grit and toughness. But to me it comes down to Val and finding a more productive role for him. I mean, he is way too talented to only be putting up 12/9.

As pretty much everyone else has pointed to, I see Toronto being the better team this season, but just a way higher upside after this season on our end.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#12 » by Aaron It Out » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Raptors will have a better record this season but they better hope they don't play Milwaukee in the playoffs.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,620

Post#13 » by Gianstoppable » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Id take the Bucks going forward, but this year alone probably the Raptors
#FreeChuckDiesel
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#14 » by hege53190 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Aaron It Out wrote:Raptors will have a better record this season but they better hope they don't play Milwaukee in the playoffs.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Raptors will probably have the better record this year but by the end of the season Milwaukee will be the better team.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#15 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:30 pm

The Raptors are most certainly the better team right now and probably this upcoming season.

I think the Bucks become the better team. Maybe even this year.
Giannis
is
UponUs
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,348

Raptors or Bucks 

Post#16 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:04 pm

hege53190 wrote:
Aaron It Out wrote:Raptors will have a better record this season but they better hope they don't play Milwaukee in the playoffs.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Raptors will probably have the better record this year but by the end of the season Milwaukee will be the better team.

Agreed.
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#17 » by RayRayJones » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:21 pm

I dunno, I can easily see the Raptors roster trending towards sell mode by the deadline this year. Losing Vasquez, Amir Johnson and Lou Will while gaining Biyombo/DeMarre is a net loss to me; Carroll benefited by playing with Teague/Korver and Lowry/Derozan certainly don't equate there. A lot of it will come down to how Patrick Patterson plays in his first full year as a starter - 37% from 3P last year, but 8/5/2 (10/7/2.5 per 36) in 26mpg is rather underwhelming.

I don't see a single player on their bench who can control the game and/or take it over. I almost sense a stealth tank for the Raptors.
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,407

Post#18 » by Rendei » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:04 pm

For me the Raptors are entirely dependent on Lowry. If he plays like he did at the beginning of last year, then they'll be one of the best teams in the East. If he plays like he did towards the end of last year, then they'll be struggling to make the playoffs. If good Kyle comes out this year, then I'd take the Raptors for this upcoming season, but otherwise I'm off the bandwagon.

For the long term I'll take the Bucks. They have too much youth to project too much internal development compared to the Raps.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#19 » by H2tObes » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Next year its close. Could go either way. Comes down to health of players I assume and how quickly our players begin to mesh.

But in the future its not even close. You guys have to tear it down, such an awful situation to be in.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#20 » by Prez » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:37 pm

I think it'll be similar to this past season where the Raptors probably end up with a better regular season record but by playoff time the Bucks are the better team. Both teams have several new additions and several losses but they have an older team with more established parts, it's going to be easier for them to incorporate everybody imo. It'll probably take us a month or two to figure things out, then we gotta add Jabari, etc. Think we play ~35 win ball for the first couple months, then .500 ball before the all-star break, and probably hit our stride winning at a 45-50 win clip post all-star break. We'll probably end up with a similar record to last year but become a much better team by playoff team when everyone's clicking.

If they play us in the playoffs, regardless of RS records...I'd take us 9 times out of 10.

As for the future, I don't see how it's even close between the two teams.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks