General Manager
And1: 4,149

Re: Re: Re: Re: The baseline podcast with gm john Hammond 

Post#21 » by RRyder823 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 10:21 am

bigbucksfan1234 wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

So was Brandon Knight. 8-)

Depends on how you define the word "core" in regards to a team and it gets thrown around WAY to often. To me it's players your not even entertaining any realistic offer for or at least needing a kings ransom for to even think about.

To me that bill only fits Giannis and Jabari... Maybe Middleton but if a team came offering the house I'd definitely entertain it but i also don't see that happening.

They might like Henson. They may even pay Henson. But if a good deal comes across for him he'll be shipped out.

I disagree when I hear Hammond say over and over again that henson is part of the core to me that says that kidd as also signed of on this idea. I would assume that Hammond and kidd have already told henson that they want him here to me if they just ship that looks bad for the organization. On another note I dont think they viewed knight as part of the young core at all if we are going by your standard because I wouldn't call trading knight for Mcw, ennis and plumlee a kings ransom imo but maybe the bucks thought that was a kings ransom but I feel 99% this board and world would disagree that they got a kings ransom for him.

That's my point. I never called Knight a core piece. Its just a sound point for exects to refer to young talent they like and a phrase for fans to latch on to and it's used WAY to frequently.

Core pieces are the untouchable ones imo. Theyre the ones your team is built around. The only "core pieces" are Giannis and Jabari. Everybody else is movable for the right price
RealBucksFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 176

Re: The baseline podcast with gm john Hammond 

Post#22 » by RealBucksFan » Wed Aug 5, 2015 11:27 am

Hammond called every young player with some track record of receiving playing time a core piece. The team talked about Knight having a future with the team as well.

Hammond calling Henson a core piece means nothing more than him talking about Knight as the PG of the future. In fact, Henson's future with the team is probably less certain than Knight's was, since Knight was a superior player who figured to get a more reasonable contract and projected as a starter.
pack15412
Senior
And1: 285

Post#23 » by pack15412 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 12:57 pm

Prince12 wrote:Best position for Giannis is easily 4 and playing minutes at the 5. He poses a ridiculous defensive matchup for opposition and if he's shooting improves well good luck.

Watching the highlights of the Team Africa vs. Team World game, all I could really hope was that Giannis spent some time picking Hakeem's brain. Young Hakeem was similar athletically to Giannis. If Giannis could continue adding some bulk and develop half the technical skill/footwork Hakeem had in the post, he would be a monster.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

The baseline podcast with gm john Hammond 

Post#24 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Wed Aug 5, 2015 1:11 pm

Why do you guys get so angry when they call Henson a core piece. Hammond and Kidd just want continuity on this team. Something we haven't seen for decades when it comes to the bucks. If Hammond followed what guys want , there would be major trades every season. You can't win with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigbucksfan1234
Senior
And1: 187

Re: Re: The baseline podcast with gm john Hammond 

Post#25 » by bigbucksfan1234 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 2:27 pm

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:Why do you guys get so angry when they call Henson a core piece. Hammond and Kidd just want continuity on this team. Something we haven't seen for decades when it comes to the bucks. If Hammond followed what guys want , there would be major trades every season. You can't win with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
m

Their are just people on this board who really just want henson gone for one reason or another. To those people i say be careful what you wish for because what we mite get in return for henson could be really bad. Not that it matters tho. their will always be people that want someone off this team because no roster is perfect right now all eyes are on henson and mcw they are the flavor of the month to trade. Im sure next wheb Vaughan as a bad game or two people their will be people who want to trade him.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#26 » by BobbyLight » Wed Aug 5, 2015 3:26 pm

Glad to hear John Hammond, for whatever his words are worth, but... I can't believe anyone associated with the NBA would go on that podcast. The hosts are terrible.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks