ImageImage

2016 Draft Thread - Ford Mock #2 (pg 19)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Re: 2016 Draft Thread - Ford Mock #1 

Post#21 » by PANDEMONEUM » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:15 pm

just from those vids
i dont like Luwawu
prefer Buddy Hield

Tyler Dorsey is very interesting
cant tell how much pure PG skills he has in vids

Justin Jackson has an unorthodox game
i kinda like it
reminds me of A.Jamison
hes a SF ?
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#22 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:07 am

Wasn't Zimmerman the top kid in this class at some point? Like maybe in middle school?
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Triple 7
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#23 » by Triple 7 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:23 am

I think Zimmerman could be twice the player that Kaminsky was in the UW system. Too bad that was a pipedream.
"Is he not unique? No one plays like this guy. This guy is the new guy. This is the new form."
- George Karl on Giannis
Triple 7
Sixth Man

Post#24 » by Triple 7 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:24 am

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Wasn't Zimmerman the top kid in this class at some point? Like maybe in middle school?

He was a freshman at Bishop Gorman High when Shabazz Muhammad was a senior there (albeit lying about his age). But even then, Zimmerman was ranked behind Stone in the class.
"Is he not unique? No one plays like this guy. This guy is the new guy. This is the new form."
- George Karl on Giannis
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#25 » by xTitan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:28 am

Triple 7 wrote:I think Zimmerman could be twice the player that Kaminsky was in the UW system. Too bad that was a pipedream.

So twice the player as the national player of the year......oooooooooook
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#26 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:15 am

Watch T-Wolves end up with Simmons.

No matter what, they'll most likely get another top 5 pick.

I love our young guys, for sure. But they'll have a young core to be envious of.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#27 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:16 am

Ford projects 2 top 4 picks for Philly in addition to their 2 late firsts. Daffy gif, ala that one guy banned from the Packers board.
Go Bucks!
Triple 7
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by Triple 7 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:58 am

xTitan wrote:
Triple 7 wrote:I think Zimmerman could be twice the player that Kaminsky was in the UW system. Too bad that was a pipedream.

So twice the player as the national player of the year......oooooooooook

I see you have trouble with semantics.

Frank was a nobody coming out of high school. He had to build his way up through years of hard work. I'm glad he did, but he wasn't the same player his first two years in college.

Zimmerman has been highly regarded since his Freshman year of high school, and likely even before that. He has a similar skill set to Kaminsky. Given the right system and coaching staff, I think he could come on campus and be a very solid player right away. Granted, he wouldn't stay four years, but there's a reason I mentioned the word pipedream.

Now maybe you'd rather argue about how I worded my imaginary situation. It just seems like a waste of time to me.
- George Karl on Giannis
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#29 » by buckboy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:31 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:I mean if stone is there you take him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

See, I have the exact same thought on Sabonis. If they passed on Sabonis at 17 I'd be super-pissed. There's no chance he's there at 17 IMO. I know it's a year away, but his skills are off the charts. I think he goes top 7 or 8 at least.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#30 » by No-Man » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Cant agree with Ford on, Pope, Murray, Qi, Diallo, Newman, too high, Ellenson, Onuaku, Briscoe, Brunson, Dorsey, dont see them declaring, or Ingram, Rabb, Stone, Jones and Jackson, too low.
Cant agree either with the Bucks pick, there are a few really good PG prospects, If I am Milwaukee I'd go after a PG 100% with my 1st rounder.

Some of the projections for next year are awful too, Dallas in and Utah out of the PO? Portland better than all those teams at pick9? the Knicks bottom 2 in the East? New Orleans has 2 picks just because? the name of LeVert wrong from a guy that does this stuff for a living? :banghead:

Zimmerman is good value at 17# I suspect he will go higher, and he is a much better prospect than Sabonis, who is first, much more mature physically than many kids of the same age, and a very limited prospect due to limited athleticism and upside, he is a tremendous rebounder but he plays more like a C, been nt big enough and he doesnt really have the frame to add much more, best case scenario is a poor man Varejao, he will be a rotation big, but he lacks de upside to go in the lotto.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#31 » by No-Man » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:16 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Sabonis won't be there when we draft.

Sabonis is getting crazy overrated by american posters because they havent valued how he has developed over the years in Europe, nor have seen any tape of him out of his Gonzaga freshmen season (and well because of his last name of course), he has not much upside, he is pretty much going to be the guy you see, he is strong, a great rebounder and a good passer, but inall this Lithuania highlights you see what his game is about, he is asmart kid, but he is nota PF and he lacks size to be a Center, he lacks range and scoring ability, he is a glue big, without the measurements that you need in a anchoring Center.
He is a back-up energy big, you dont flame a lotto pick in that.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#32 » by No-Man » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:16 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:The Stone thing could be interesting due to the presence of Monroe. If our team is humming come April with Monroe in the lineup, it might make sense to draft his replacement in June. The big thing I don't see with Stone that Monroe will provide is playmaking. Stone is closer to Jefferson in that regard.

Stone though is a much better shooter than Monroe, quicker on his feet, more agile and more mobile.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#33 » by No-Man » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:20 pm

GeoBar wrote:This Tyler Dorsey kid played with the Greek U19 national team in the World Championship this summer(his mother is Greek) and he was impressive..
Voted to the best 5 of the tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzWSicmoJ6s#t=10

The problem is with Dorsey is that he is a combo and you dont really know what guy are you getting with him, the one that is a selfish ball hog, that goes fo the flashy play and is a shaky shooter or the leader, defender and player you saw when he played for Greece.
I like a few combos better than him, his lack of strength and size reminds me of ARivers a little bit.
I doubt he declares though, PG and combo is strong next year.
Is a draft mainly of PG/G and PFs.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#34 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:54 pm

Not familiar with a lot of the foreign prospects yet, but I still really like LeVert out of Michigan and Luwawu where we are projected to pick. OJ should be gone and you can never have enough shooters. And I like the idea of stocking up on athletic wings that can defend in case a guy like Inglis doesn't pan out. So Luwawu fits a potential need.

Surprised they have Poeltl outside the top 10. I'm guessing by season's end he'll be getting top 5 consideration based on how weak this current draft class looks.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#35 » by buckboy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Fischella wrote:Cant agree with Ford on, Pope, Murray, Qi, Diallo, Newman, too high, Ellenson, Onuaku, Briscoe, Brunson, Dorsey, dont see them declaring, or Ingram, Rabb, Stone, Jones and Jackson, too low.
Cant agree either with the Bucks pick, there are a few really good PG prospects, If I am Milwaukee I'd go after a PG 100% with my 1st rounder.

Some of the projections for next year are awful too, Dallas in and Utah out of the PO? Portland better than all those teams at pick9? the Knicks bottom 2 in the East? New Orleans has 2 picks just because? the name of LeVert wrong from a guy that does this stuff for a living? :banghead:

Zimmerman is good value at 17# I suspect he will go higher, and he is a much better prospect than Sabonis, who is first, much more mature physically than many kids of the same age, and a very limited prospect due to limited athleticism and upside, he is a tremendous rebounder but he plays more like a C, been nt big enough and he doesnt really have the frame to add much more, best case scenario is a poor man Varejao, he will be a rotation big, but he lacks de upside to go in the lotto.

Yeah, this is bunk. Sabonis is a great prospect and is a good athlete. I don't know how you quantify upside, but you post a lot of stuff I disagree with, so whatever.

But at least you post your opinions as facts, which is always a charming trait.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
buckboy
RealGM

Post#36 » by buckboy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:10 pm

Fischella wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:The Stone thing could be interesting due to the presence of Monroe. If our team is humming come April with Monroe in the lineup, it might make sense to draft his replacement in June. The big thing I don't see with Stone that Monroe will provide is playmaking. Stone is closer to Jefferson in that regard.

Stone though is a much better shooter than Monroe, quicker on his feet, more agile and more mobile.

:lol:
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#37 » by emunney » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:47 pm

I remember before the 2008-2009 season a strong consensus that it would be one of the weakest drafts in many years. I remember throwing out names of guys who could rise (as guys always do) -- Greg Monroe was one of them (it was before his freshman year; he didn't come out).

Well, we got Blake Griffin, Harden, Steph Curry out of that draft. EXTREMELY strong in hindsight with three additional all-stars. And freaking Reke won ROY with Jennings (and, granted, Steph) not far behind. So it's pretty **** early to say next year's draft is no good.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
pack15412
Senior
And1: 285

Post#38 » by pack15412 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:23 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I don't know who anybody is, but if we pass on Sabonis and Diamond Stone that would be not smart to me.

Don't know much about young Sabonis, but his dad was one of my favorite players to watch, even when his knees were completely shot. Incredible basketball IQ. Have to figure some of that passed down along with the size.

I think Diamond Stone will be better in the NBA than whatever he does in college. True post-up guys are a dying breed....
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,144

Post#39 » by DingleJerry » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:47 pm

If I remember 2017 is supposed to the next "'great class since" type. Of course they said the same about last year's and then basically everyone has gotten hurt, crap luck.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#40 » by Badgerlander » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:16 pm

BadgersBucks wrote:If I remember 2017 is supposed to the next "'great class since" type.

Paul BiancardiVerified account
‏@PaulBiancardi
The class of 2016 is loaded with star power. We graded out 28 five-star prosoects. That's a lot. The new #Espn100 http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/espnu100/sort/rank/class/2016
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks