Swan Vox wrote:
step3profit wrote:
Swan Vox wrote:Also, I am trying to see how we can add to a line-up of:

PG
Middleton
Giannis
Parker
Monroe

Can we play Vaughn with those guys? I am starting to really sour on MCW. I know it's still early in the season, but I just don't see it with him...plus his face is very punch-able...

I propose Swan's Law: The punchability of a point guard's face is inversely proportional to the quality of playmaking provided.

Yes! I love it. :lol:

Can we create a big-man category and add Noah & Henson to it?

The Mike Dunleavy Jr Punchable Face All Stars! Grayson Allen going to do big things for the MDJPFAS if he can make it in the Association in two-tree years.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Re: Rashad Vaughn: 2015/2016 predictions 

Post#42 » by Badgerlander » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:38 pm

Swan Vox wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:It's not about Vaughn running the Point, it's about letting him run PnRs ala Harden. With Vaughns repertoire of scoring moves you put him in a PnR with Jabari and how do you stop it?

Yes. I am getting goose bumps thinking about Vaughn in the two-man game with our other scoring / slashing personnel. He is going to make people pay with the jumper if they cheat on Jabari or Giannis. Love what I'm seeing from Portis, but I am legit excited about Vaughn as well. I think we did well.

Yeah if MCW or Giannis's man helps they are cutting right to the basket so it could create tons of movement in the defense which is going to lead to an open look somewhere, now start running Middleton through screens on the other side of the floor and I see chaos :D
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#43 » by breakchains » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:41 pm

You have to be really encouraged by Vaughn. Looks like another gem of a pick.

He should contribute somewhat right away. I think he'll do well as a catch and shoot guy but will also make a lot of mistakes when he tries to create. He isn't ready to be a PnR creator right now IMO except for maybe here and there.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#44 » by Chapter29 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:42 pm

I could easily see Vaughn in the starting lineup while Parker is out. I don't see MCW being replaced at this point. MCW is the guy everyone loves to hate atm, but I don't see him being replaced early on.
Giannis
is
UponUs
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#45 » by engelmartin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:45 pm

Who are the best examples of Swan's law? I propose Eric Snow followed by David Wesley.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#46 » by skones » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:49 pm

8 points per game 42% from the field, 35% from 3.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#47 » by tski1972 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:52 pm

skones wrote:8 points per game 42% from the field, 35% from 3.

why are you bringing in realism to this thread?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#48 » by skones » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:56 pm

tski1972 wrote:
skones wrote:8 points per game 42% from the field, 35% from 3.

why are you bringing in realism to this thread?

watched Marley and Me two weeks ago and IM STILL NOT OVER IT
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#49 » by Ayt » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:01 pm

He reminds me a bit of Brandon Roy, but he's so young so who knows. You do have to love his shooting stroke and how smart he already appears to be.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#50 » by Swan Vox » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:03 pm

engelmartin wrote:Who are the best examples of Swan's law? I propose Eric Snow followed by David Wesley.

You know, thinking about it further, they should hire me as their new "face-reading" expert.

Obi-Swan-Face-Know-Bi: Bucks Face Reader

Episode 1:

It's a tense moment in the Bucks war room...debate has gone on endlessly between Hammond, Kidd & his staff...player files are being thrown in disgust...cue the entrance of The Swan...

Swan: "Evening gentleman, I sensed a disturbance in the face..."

Bucks: "Oh thank god...Swan, What do you think of this guy...should we pick him up?"

Swan: "Nah...face is too punch-able. He'll struggle with the pick n' roll & bog down the offensive spacing with his lack of outside shooting..."

Bucks: "Phew, That's why we pay you the big bucks...thank you Obi-Swan-Face-Know-Bi!"

Swan: " :meditate: "
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#51 » by emunney » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Badgerlander wrote:It's not about Vaughn running the Point, it's about letting him run PnRs ala Harden. With Vaughns repertoire of scoring moves you put him in a PnR with Jabari and how do you stop it?

I probably trap the **** out of him and prove he can handle it.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#52 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:36 pm

M-C-G wrote:Serious question, who has he put those numbers up against? Third stringers, d-league talent?

Sure, he'll have rougher nights as the competition amps up. But I don't think his success is entirely attributable to the competition. Marcus Haislip, Joe Alexander, etc played plenty of nights against scrubs and never did this.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 243

Post#53 » by Karsenmitsche » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:51 pm

Two things. I dont know as far as a prediction, but his confidence is through the roof and I love it. At first I thought it was just because we had our scrubs on the floor. But yesterday he got minutes with our rotation guys and it was still there.

Second, if he does become an all star (Ridiculously premature) but something to think about nonetheless. What does our future lineup look like? Middleton 6th man? Jabari? Giannis?

It would be a good problem to have, but it would be a difficult problem to solve. A lineup of MCW, Vaughn, Mid, Giannis, Monroe seems scary in terms of length, shooting, scoring, and defense. But that leaves Jabari out of the starting five.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#54 » by bucksfansince88 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Karsenmitsche wrote:Two things. I dont know as far as a prediction, but his confidence is through the roof and I love it. At first I thought it was just because we had our scrubs on the floor. But yesterday he got minutes with our rotation guys and it was still there.

Second, if he does become an all star (Ridiculously premature) but something to think about nonetheless. What does our future lineup look like? Middleton 6th man? Jabari? Giannis?

It would be a good problem to have, but it would be a difficult problem to solve. A lineup of MCW, Vaughn, Mid, Giannis, Monroe seems scary in terms of length, shooting, scoring, and defense. But that leaves Jabari out of the starting five.

I Think Giannis will ultimately get bumped into that super 6th man role once everyone is healthy and the rotation shakes out. might be a good move... let him get his touches and handle the ball much more than he would be able to with all those High USG guys in the starting lineup.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#55 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:02 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Serious question, who has he put those numbers up against? Third stringers, d-league talent?

Sure, he'll have rougher nights as the competition amps up. But I don't think his success is entirely attributable to the competition. Marcus Haislip, Joe Alexander, etc played plenty of nights against scrubs and never did this.

I'm not disputing the talent or potential, as I have been on board since just before the draft. What I am saying, is that if you are expecting him to start, he is going to be going up against starters. Expecting near the same production for such a young guy seems like a long shot, or rather it seems expecting too much too soon even if it is just for a few weeks.

No argument from me on long term talent, and could be ready as soon as next year. Like I said, we got a keeper in this draft.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#56 » by Max Green » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:05 pm

The new Michael Redd.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#57 » by engelmartin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:23 pm

Isn't Middleton already the new Redd?

Swan what do you think of Big Baby Davis?
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,699

Post#58 » by jimmybones » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:24 pm

If I still played video games I'd definitely run the Vaugh-Midd-Jabari-Giannis-Monroe lineup and spam the eff out of Giannis-Jabari PnRs with the guards waiting for open 3s and then Vaughn-Jabari PnRs with Giannis ready to slash weakside. That's really is a fun offensive lineup.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#59 » by No-Man » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:29 pm

He doesnt do much more other than shoot it, and that is a problem especially if he is hot and wants the ball, but he is a good shooter, I expect him to be the 9-10th guy in the rotation and have a solid season, that doesnt mean that I believe in him long term to be much more than a bench scorer type, a better version of Jodie Meeks.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#60 » by No-Man » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:32 pm

the problem is that Vaughn is just not a good decision maker, not even when it comes to his own shots, so imagine him having to make decisions about others.
He has skill and is useful in a specific role, but he is not that type of guy, it would be nice though, because Milwaukee PG spot is a problem long term.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks