ImageImage

So what are the chances of us pursuing Schroeder?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,944

Re: So what are the chances of us pursuing Schroeder? 

Post#41 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:02 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
What about for Teague?

How much do you value him?

There's only so many spots you can play Giannis, Middleton and Jabari...

Kris Middleton for an All Star PG in his prime on the best value contract in the NBA?

Nah, he's gonna be our leading scorer this year. Once the new TV money kicks in his deal will look like a bargain too.

The only deal I see working is one centered around Henson and Schroder. Two young 20 mpg backups not likely to start for years. Henson takes over in the middle once Horford walks next season.

FWIW, I probably wouldn't do that deal. I think Henson busts out in the near future and given what Tristan Thompson just got, he'll also be a steal.

:o

Believe me...we'll pass on a Henson for Dennis trade also.

Good luck with Middleton as top scorer and #1 option.

Do you mind me asking how you're coming to the conclusion that Dennis is worth an elite 3 and D wing, or one of the two top young prospects in the entire sport? I mean, we're talking about a kid who went 17th with some serious limitations in his game, namely that he's a guard that can't shoot.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,121

Post#42 » by DingleJerry » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:02 pm

Wouldn't Middleton be same for you if you traded for him?

If I was Atlanta I would pass on a Schroeder/Henson trade for sure. And if I was Milwaukee I would jump on it based on how little we've seen from MCW so far.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#43 » by M-C-G » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:03 pm

Our biggest need for a PG on this team in the coming years is going to be their ability to play defense. Our offense is going to look a lot more like Miami with the big 3 then the Clippers. If MCW can hit a three and drop his usage, he is just fine for this team.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#44 » by DingleJerry » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:06 pm

MCG, I generally agree and that's why I said long ago on here that Schroeder doesn't really fix that issue with MCWs shooting.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,466

Post#45 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:19 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Nah, he's gonna be our leading scorer this year. Once the new TV money kicks in his deal will look like a bargain too.

The only deal I see working is one centered around Henson and Schroder. Two young 20 mpg backups not likely to start for years. Henson takes over in the middle once Horford walks next season.

FWIW, I probably wouldn't do that deal. I think Henson busts out in the near future and given what Tristan Thompson just got, he'll also be a steal.

:o

Believe me...we'll pass on a Henson for Dennis trade also.

Good luck with Middleton as top scorer and #1 option.

Do you mind me asking how you're coming to the conclusion that Dennis is worth an elite 3 and D wing, or one of the two top young prospects in the entire sport? I mean, we're talking about a kid who went 17th with some serious limitations in his game, namely that he's a guard that can't shoot.

I mentioned Teague only for Middleton. An All-Star PG in his prime. Teague avg more points, assts with a better PER than KM. That seems a reasonable place to begin negotiations.

Dennis for Jabari or Giannis was simply an offer. Jabari's stock is low due to injury. You guys are stacked at the wing and PF, but are on your 3rd starting PG in 4 years. DS could help with that.

Be cool, baby. No offense has been inferred. See you guys in the Regular Season.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#46 » by DingleJerry » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:22 pm

That's what he meant. a current backup PG for Giannis? Who is one of the top 2 prospects in the sport with Wiggins.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,466

Post#47 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:40 pm

BadgersBucks wrote:That's what he meant. a current backup PG for Giannis? Who is one of the top 2 prospects in the sport with Wiggins.

DS is the caliber of a starting PG today. And we'd be willing to add additional value to balance things out. Doesn't have to be a 1-for-1 trade.

But DS took the reins from Teague a handful of times last season and managed to match his production...if not his efficiency.

Is it even straight up...probably not. But this may be a case of each side overvaluing their own young player.

Let things play out and see how we feel about things closer to the trade deadline.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#48 » by machu46 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:53 pm

Bucks fans probably do overvalue Giannis a bit, but to pretend Schroder has even close to the same value is just silliness. If Schroder pans out, he's probably an average starting PG. If Giannis pans out, he's a guy you can build a team around (probably not a super star, but close enough). Same goes for Jabari.

And the idea that Middleton, Giannis, and Jabari can't play together is just incorrect; there's no need to get rid of any of them and they all carry more value at this point than Schroder would.

And it's also kinda funny to hear a Hawks fan talk about a team relying on one player as the go-to guy when their team was disrespected all year because of the fact that they also don't have a go-to guy. The Bucks, much like the Hawks, will thrive if everyone pitches in and does their part offensively and defensively. It's not as if they're going to have Middleton taking 20 shots a game and forcing up shots over double teams. He may lead the team in scoring, but the offense is going to be extremely balanced if it's going to work, just like the Hawks.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#49 » by M-C-G » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:54 pm

I'm at a point where I have no interest in really messing with what we have here, short of reacquiring healthy Dudley in place of JOB. I think it will take some time to gel and MCW has to stop shooting off the dribble when he is outside of the paint. I don't have any stats but he seems like a much more consistent shooter that way, or rather, he has much fewer laughable misses when he is set on his outside shot.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#50 » by H2tObes » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:55 pm

Middleton does so much more for our team than a player like Teague/Schroeder does. Elite defense at SG while being a fantastic 3 point shooter. He creates a shot so easily by posting up small SG's. Our team is going to live or die by Middleton a lot this year, but next year we have a 4th year Giannis and a seasoned Jabari to take a whole lot of scoring pressure off him. Not to mention we have Monroe to give us a consistent 15-20 points a night in the post. Moving Middleton is not something we should even consider doing. He is stupidly perfect for the team we are trying to build

I don't think Schroeder is a good fit with our team, not a great distributor or 3 point shooter. We don't need him. I absolutely love the confidence and intensity he plays with though, I would love him on the team if we didn't have to give up much. We shouldn't be messing with a good thing we got going right now though
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#51 » by M-C-G » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:03 pm

H2tObes wrote:Middleton does so much more for our team than a player like Teague/Schroeder does. Elite defense at SG while being a fantastic 3 point shooter. He creates a shot so easily by posting up small SG's. Our team is going to live or die by Middleton a lot this year, but next year we have a 4th year Giannis and a seasoned Jabari to take a whole lot of scoring pressure off him. Not to mention we have Monroe to give us a consistent 15-20 points a night in the post. Moving Middleton is not something we should even consider doing. He is stupidly perfect for the team we are trying to build

I don't think Schroeder is a good fit with our team, not a great distributor or 3 point shooter. We don't need him. I absolutely love the confidence and intensity he plays with though, I would love him on the team if we didn't have to give up much. We shouldn't be messing with a good thing we got going right now though

All good points, but I can't see any scenario right now (other than injury) where Monroe isn't our leading FGA, FGM, PTS and REB.

EDIT: I guess you didn't really suggest that Midds would be the number one scorer now that I look at it.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#52 » by No-Man » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:03 pm

The Bucks should have tried to swap the Lakers pick, another Bucks unprotected pick, Inglis, and Henson for Marcus Smart
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#53 » by M-C-G » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Fischella wrote:The Bucks should have tried to swap the Lakers pick, another Bucks unprotected pick, Inglis, and Henson for Marcus Smart

If we didn't want MCW, we should have kept the pick and over payed Patrick Beverly.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,844

Post#54 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:09 pm

I don't know if the right pg for this team is in the NBA and likely to be available any time soon. The answer is probably a draft pick, a bust-out player, or a Euro that we haven't even heard of yet. Maybe if the Grizzlies start showing their age they'll put Conley on the market, but that's probably a few years away and it would take a lot to acquire him in a trade. I suppose Bledsoe could be an option at some point too, although I don't like him as the person to distribute the ball to all this team's scorers.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#55 » by H2tObes » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:12 pm

M-C-G wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Middleton does so much more for our team than a player like Teague/Schroeder does. Elite defense at SG while being a fantastic 3 point shooter. He creates a shot so easily by posting up small SG's. Our team is going to live or die by Middleton a lot this year, but next year we have a 4th year Giannis and a seasoned Jabari to take a whole lot of scoring pressure off him. Not to mention we have Monroe to give us a consistent 15-20 points a night in the post. Moving Middleton is not something we should even consider doing. He is stupidly perfect for the team we are trying to build

All good points, but I can't see any scenario right now (other than injury) where Monroe isn't our leading FGA, FGM, PTS and REB.

EDIT: I guess you didn't really suggest that Midds would be the number one scorer now that I look at it.

Yes I agree that Monroe is going to be the main man this season. The ball is going to be in his hands a lot. He's going to be getting a ridiculous amount of rebounds at center too, so he's going to make a living off of offensive rebounds and getting a lot of points from that...which Middleton obviously can't do. He killed the Wolves the other night because the Wolves are terrible at rebounding and couldn't handle him
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,944

Post#56 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:18 pm

Fischella wrote:The Bucks should have tried to swap the Lakers pick, another Bucks unprotected pick, Inglis, and Henson for Marcus Smart

LOL
For Waukee
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#57 » by For Waukee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:26 pm

We don't need Schroeder, or anyone. Giannis is gonna play all five positions by himself, all game long.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#58 » by Chapter29 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Schroeder was the guy I wanted us to pick at #15 (thank you John Hammond), so I'd be all for this move. Don't know what the Hawks would want for him but I'm guessing it won't be cheap.

I'd be willing to offer a lotto protected 1st, and a prospect like Ennis or Plumlee. But they probably wouldn't go for it.

Yes indeed. Thank you very much Hammond for drafting Giannis and not Schroeder.
Giannis
is
UponUs
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#59 » by raferfenix » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:18 pm

You'd think the Hawks would try to make a major win now push or invest in a player who could take a big step in the next few years. But that franchise is also liable to be satisfied winning a round or two in the playoffs.

Do we think the Hawks are a potential Carmelo destination if the Knicks flame out?

Wondering about theoretical trade targets for them in general.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#60 » by humanrefutation » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Ok found the quotes on the Hawks board:

Hawks will want Jabari or Giannis.

We can add pieces on each side to make it more palatable.

But we need talented swingmen.

LMAO.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks