ImageImage

GT: Bucks @ T'Birds, 2:00 AM CET

Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: GT: Bucks @ T'Birds, 2:00 AM CET 

Post#221 » by Rockmaninoff » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:00 am

Went to the game. Witnessed Garnett badly miss a layup in the layup line at half time. Really put things in perspective. Thought it was funny that him and Andre Miller were the first players warming up for the second half. Tyus Jones has an enormous head. It's almost disconcerting. Sat behind Vaughn's family. Seem like nice people. They may need to try some different sets for Monroe, as the Wolves were defending them pretty easily. Vasquez is a chucker. He's gonna shoot it 80% of the time he has it. Towns is a triple threat. He's got weird legs though, I wonder how he'll hold up. Giannis needs to shoot when he's open. Too focused on drving or passing. I hope they don't have to play Copeland much. Felt very 4 v 5 when he was in. Plumlee is a pretty good 3rd center.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#222 » by FrieAaron » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:04 am

Prince12 wrote:Would've like those rankings to continue PP.

*precipitous cliff*

Everybody else.
(Actually, I've kind of liked Copeland so far, and I think Vasquez will have his moments off the bench).
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#223 » by vegaspacker » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:06 am

Jabari gets a pass for another 10 months, that's how I roll. Enigma Man, which is what Parker is... I am beasting for best available. From what I've witnessed, this is his baseline. Legitimate hard worker, all around gamer, president of presence...
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#224 » by H2tObes » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:15 am

Vasquez will definitely be a mixed bag. Good some nights, awful others. A lot like our bench players last season
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#225 » by DutchManDanFan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:06 pm

BuckHole wrote:I don't get the T'Birds nickname for the TimberWolves. What is the origin? Why are you doing this to me?!

Just a silly joke. Ever heard of Grease?
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#226 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:08 pm

I really haven't gotten to watch any preseason, so Henson looks like a real basketball player now? This is a thing?
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#227 » by FrieAaron » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:58 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:I really haven't gotten to watch any preseason, so Henson looks like a real basketball player now? This is a thing?

I have to say, I was worried about the money we threw at him but he has been quite good so far in the preseason. Hopefully he can keep building on that through the regular season. And Giannis looks like he is ready to take another leap forward.
Flap Jackson
Bench Warmer
And1: 698

Post#228 » by Flap Jackson » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:18 pm

That was one of the finer games I've seen Giannis play. He looked controlled, mature, saw plays developing before they happened, and he is really starting to recognize his physical advantage in real time.

Of course there is still going to be some inconsistency from game to game, but the two full years of NBA experience with two summers of national team experience is really starting to show.
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#229 » by Bucksmaniac » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:01 pm

In the 4th quarter I think Giannis started to tire, which is why he made a few bad judgment errors, not a great sign for a young player I must admit.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#230 » by mattg » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:Went to the game. Witnessed Garnett badly miss a layup in the layup line at half time. Really put things in perspective. Thought it was funny that him and Andre Miller were the first players warming up for the second half. Tyus Jones has an enormous head. It's almost disconcerting. Sat behind Vaughn's family. Seem like nice people. They may need to try some different sets for Monroe, as the Wolves were defending them pretty easily. Vasquez is a chucker. He's gonna shoot it 80% of the time he has it. Towns is a triple threat. He's got weird legs though, I wonder how he'll hold up. Giannis needs to shoot when he's open. Too focused on drving or passing. I hope they don't have to play Copeland much. Felt very 4 v 5 when he was in. Plumlee is a pretty good 3rd center.

Towns legs do concern me. Still think he should have gone 1st overall, but pre college season I was much much lower on him(had him like 5th) since I've always felt he's going to have leg injuries. He looked better at UK than he did in HS by a significant margin in that regard, but it's definitely something to keep an eye out for.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#231 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Thought Marques Johnson was awesome on the call. What a wonderful change of pace.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#232 » by urinesane » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:59 pm

H2tObes wrote:Wiggins really seems to not be good at anything besides scoring. His defensive effort is pretty sad for how crazy athletic he is, and he fails as a distributor. I think Jabari uses his athleticism much better than Wiggins does.

Maybe I'm just biased because naturally I want our guys to exceed other prospects in the league...but I'm genuinely never impressed when I watch Wiggins.

You missed the 1st half right?

http://www.nba.com/video/games/timberwolves/2015/10/23/0011500105-mil-min-play1.nba/
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#233 » by H2tObes » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:13 am

urinesane wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Wiggins really seems to not be good at anything besides scoring. His defensive effort is pretty sad for how crazy athletic he is, and he fails as a distributor. I think Jabari uses his athleticism much better than Wiggins does.

Maybe I'm just biased because naturally I want our guys to exceed other prospects in the league...but I'm genuinely never impressed when I watch Wiggins.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/timberwolves/2015/10/23/0011500105-mil-min-play1.nba/

I did miss the first half actually but my statement still stands, he even looks slow on defense in that clip. Standing around then jogging to Copeland, but then making up for it with his great vertical. If Copeland would have pump faked that, Wiggins would have gotten roasted. I think he needs to be more engaged on defense. It's night and day when you watch the defensive intensity that someone like Giannis plays with
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#234 » by M-C-G » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:20 am

H2tObes wrote:
urinesane wrote:

I did miss the first half actually but my statement still stands, he even looks slow on defense in that clip. Standing around then jogging to Copeland, but then making up for it with his great vertical. If Copeland would have pump faked that, Wiggins would have gotten roasted. I think he needs to be more engaged on defense.

So full disclosure, I had Parker as my number one in that draft and really thought Wiggins was more likely to be Desmond Mason or Jason Richardson than anything too impressive. That said, I thought he looked way better than I remember him from last year (only watched a few times). He looks smooth and improved but I'd still take Jabari knee and all over him.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#235 » by H2tObes » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:22 am

Wiggins is a natural scorer but he seems like an empty stats guy whenever I watch him. He hasn't even started his 2nd season though so I'm sure he will improve in the area's he is currently lacking in
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#236 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:31 am

Would love to see the posts from the alternate universe where some of these young guys on other teams are wearing a Bucks uniform.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,806

Post#237 » by Prez » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:35 am

Wiggins for most of preseason just looked to me like he was constantly aware it was preseason. When he's 100% engaged and out for blood I see the franchise player upside. The problem is he doesn't always play like that. I want my franchise player to be constantly engaged..maybe not when they get to their late 20s, into their 30s where they save it for the playoffs and coast in the RS. But when you're 19, 20, 21 you need to be constantly playing with a fire under you imo.

Which is one of the reasons I love Giannis and Jabari so much, every second they're on the floor there is ZERO doubt how badly they want it. Towns looks like he's cut from the same cloth there as well. Wiggins probably wants it just as bad, but his personality is just naturally too nice to constantly show it. It's similar to James Harden imo, where the talent is undeniable and most nights he'll do everything you want him to, but his lack of nonstop aggression and intensity leads to a decent amount of quiet games and moments where you wonder where his head is at.
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#238 » by ACGB » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:45 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Would love to see the posts from the alternate universe where some of these young guys on other teams are wearing a Bucks uniform.

Some players would be simultaneously great and terrible depending on which team they're on. It's Schrödinger's forum.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#239 » by H2tObes » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:46 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Would love to see the posts from the alternate universe where some of these young guys on other teams are wearing a Bucks uniform.

Every fan is going to root for their own guy obviously, but if Wiggins was a Buck I would still wish he played with more intensity and showed other parts of his game besides scoring.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#240 » by Nowak008 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:23 am

Am I the only one worried that even with Giannis, Henson, Mids playing well we were still down double digits midway through the 2nd quarter?
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks