PG: Cavs beat Bucks...Whatever, Giannis is god

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Re: PG: Cavs beat Bucks...Whatever, Giannis is god 

Post#301 » by Buck Dweller » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:39 am

Bernman wrote:
machu46 wrote:Granted that the schedule hasn't been the most difficult, but we rate out as an average or slightly above average offensive team so far this year, and those numbers tend to go up when MCW is on the floor (and yes, this can be because of who he is playing with as well, but the numbers just don't seem to indicate that MCW is killing us offensively the way some are suggesting).

Meanwhile we're by far the worst defensive rebounding team in the league (the difference between our DRB% and the 2nd worst team is equal to that of the 2nd worst team and a top 10 rebounding team) and we're getting killed in terms of eFG% allowed as well. Rebounding and defense are two areas where MCW is an asset (though the eFG% allowed is slightly higher when he's on the floor this year, we also force more turnovers when he's on the floor and surprisingly turn it over less on the other end). So sure, upgrading the PG position would make other weaknesses matter less, but at the end of the day, the rebounding and defense are much larger issues at this moment.

Perhaps going forwards, addressing the PG position remains a top priority, but it's the inability of our 2-4 positions to rebound that's really killing us, along with the continuous struggles with weakside rotations. Monroe is one of the best in the league in terms of DRB% at the C position, and MCW is above average at the PG position. The other starters really need to begin pulling their weight now that we hopefully have our actual starting lineup intact.

When your alternative is Vasquez, on/off stats mean nothing. Even among MCW "haters" like myself, I'm not sure you'll find anyone here who rates Vasquez higher. Ennis is a pure prospect. And our bench is about the worst in the league. Let's see the starting offense over an extended period with Collison or Schroder vs. MCW. Then we can talk. The problems are obvious on paper and in application.

I thought the stats said our offense was better with MCW than with Knight, not just in comparison to GV and all of the bench guards.
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#302 » by Xanadu » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:49 am

glenn wrote:
Xanadu wrote:I have been pretty quiet with my criticisms of Kidd lately but he still worries me greatly. If you all recall I was the one who posted he would destroy this teams future when the whole gm rumors where going on. I just think he is not great coach or gm he reminds me a lot more of Skiles than say Kerr or Pop. He seems to think this should be a team without a superstar but we should be building toward that goal by running the offense through Giannis and Parker even if it results in loses. His handling of Giannis so far this year really worries me it still seems like Giannis is hesitant to just demand the ball every possession. I lay that on Kidd he should be telling Giannis to shot, drive, pass and be the leader of this team. Instead it seems like Kidd is telling him to just take what the D gives and Giannis plays passive most of the time. I know this is a little silly after Giannis just had a career high but I just worry Kidd is stunting GIannis development. This should be Giannis year to take over. Let him run the offense take his lumps but gain confidence in his extreme talent and ability. Also he still seems very hesitant in his shoot which I blame on Kidd's quick hook on misses last year. Giannis needs to be allowed to have "Kobe" games where he is inefficient but scores twenty.

So you think that Kidd needs to develop Giannis not by teaching him teamwork and control, but by having him be a chucky chuckerson. Got it.

I can see that argument but I just feel Giannis needs to learn from his mistakes. Know its a cliche but I just feel he needs to be given the chance to run the team and become a legit superstar. I mean look at players like Lebron, Durant, and AD. Their teams ran their O through them right at the start. They weren't always efficient but you could see the greatness. Now while I agree Giannis development is different than those players starting late in life and all. I just feel at this point he should take on the superstar role and Kidd should encourage him to do so to. That ways he learns how to take over a game. What works for him and what doesn't. Right now we know he is dominate to the basket but I would like to see more dribble pulls, baby hooks, jumpers, and all around offensive game from Giannis. That way he practice being the man on this team like we want him to be. He needs to be given a shot at this role sometime and I think it is now.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Post#303 » by ImChillin01 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:13 am

LedZepp007 wrote:Who else thinks Giannis and Jabari are the two best players in the central division in 4 years?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Nah Andre Drummond will be better than Jabari
nmeurett
Bench Warmer
And1: 212

Post#304 » by nmeurett » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Its pretty sad that I would rather have Kendell Marshall back on this team instead of MCW...
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#305 » by raferfenix » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:21 pm

I think Kidd and Sweeney can get MCW to develop into an elite defender at PG.

I'm not sure if that is what we want in our long term starter though. Either way it looks like we might need an upgrade at backup PG.

Bayless is working hard (maximum incentive in a contract year too) but Vasquez does not seem like a good fit even if he gets going.

If we are high on Ennis maybe that works out but right now if we were to make a move I think a PG would be the target...again.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#306 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:37 pm

We need a Point Guard that can get the ball and get out into transition and find Giannis and Jabari in the open floor.

MCW & Monroe are the culprits killing the pace right now.

Knight could get the ball and get running right away, but always ignored his teammates on run outs and 2-1 and 3-1 situations.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,035

Post#307 » by bstein14 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:44 pm

Would look bad on Milwaukee, to trade Monroe just a few months after Monroe chose to sign with the Bucks over other teams. Something like that might hurt trying to bring in other FA's in the future.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#308 » by xTitan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:05 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:We need a Point Guard that can get the ball and get out into transition and find Giannis and Jabari in the open floor.

Knight could get the ball and get running right away, but always ignored his teammates on run outs and 2-1 and 3-1 situations.

The Bucks need Giannis and Parker to rebound better then they can take the ball themselves and start a break. I don't believe the Bucks really need a true PG in the sense of the word....they need someone to get them in their offense and then space the floor, a quality shooter, who can defend some.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#309 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:35 pm

xTitan wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:We need a Point Guard that can get the ball and get out into transition and find Giannis and Jabari in the open floor.

The Bucks need Giannis and Parker to rebound better then they can take the ball themselves and start a break. I don't believe the Bucks really need a true PG in the sense of the word....they need someone to get them in their offense and then space the floor, a quality shooter, who can defend some.

Based off everything we heard from Kidd this year and last, specifically in the NBA Training Camp, he wants everyone (besides Monroe likely) to be pushing the ball when they get a rebound. But, unless Giannis or Jabari take it all the way or score, once it gets back to MCW though, the ball gets sticky.

24%USG is fffffing terrible and Kidd should not be allowing this to continue.

I wasn't going to gripe too much about MCW offense unless his usage it out of hand and it is.

He needs to take good shots and still be aggressive, I"m not looking for another 3 FGA performance because that hurts us too. It's the mental progression that we aren't seeing out of MCW yet and at age 24, he doesn't have long to figure it out, if he's ever going to, this is his year.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#310 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:10 pm

raferfenix wrote:If we are high on Ennis maybe that works out but right now if we were to make a move I think a PG would be the target...again.

And Kidd should have ZERO say in the next PG we draft/sign/trade for. None.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks