ImageImage

PG: Bucks destroy Pistons.... THE SKY IS NOT FALLING

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Re: PG: Bucks destroy Pistons.... THE SKY IS NOT FALLING 

Post#61 » by emunney » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:34 am

Henson is always going to suck in a game that's already been decided. The refs were trying to antagonize him awake and it didn't work. Playoff Henson is a finite resource and must be conserved.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#62 » by Prez » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:41 am

I cannot wait for later in the season when Jabari's conditioning is at or close to top level, no more minutes restriction, and we just let him run a train on the league with no limitations. He looks like he could drop 20+ whenever he feels like it. Whenever he gets the ball I'm honestly surprised if it doesn't end up in something good. Even if he misses the shot, his explosiveness on drives puts a lot of pressure on defenses and opens up the game for everyone else. It's hard to explain but it just seems like when he's flying around the court, it almost rubs off on the other guys and they play with more purpose as well. It's like the offensive equivalent of MCW and Giannis' ability to elevate the team's energy on defense.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#63 » by Nightfall » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:06 am

When Jabari is 100% fit and the team plays like the 3rd quarter we have nothing to fear.
The lineup Giannis-Jabari-MCW-Moose-Midds and a decent bench help, playing like that can win pretty much any team.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#64 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:38 pm

This was a game that Monroe can match up in. Our 1980's center versus their 1980's center.

If Monroe could make those point blank shots at a higher rate, I think he's then got a punchers chance of overcoming his defensive liabilities.

Was so good to see that cocky Pistons team come back to earth. Think we all knew Reggie Jackson wasn't the second coming of Chris Paul.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#65 » by Badgerlander » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:40 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH1CMCtV4to[/youtube]
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#66 » by Badgerlander » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:43 pm

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/24/khris-middleton-andre-drummond-dislikes-contact/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Khris Middleton: Andre Drummond dislikes contact

It was so bad that Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy ripped into his team before opening the locker room doors.

“Look, we didn’t match up to their intensity and energy,” he said. “If you play like that, you deserve to get blown out.”

Andre Drummond had 15 points and 15 rebounds for Detroit, but appeared to hurt himself late in the second quarter. He walked slowly up the court holding his left side after trying to defend Monroe.

Drummond started the third quarter, but the NBA’s leading rebounder wasn’t the same in the second half. He went 6 for 11 from the field in the first half and 0 for 3 in the second.

“We just tried to be physical,” Middleton said of the Bucks’ plan for Drummond. “We know he doesn’t like contact. Once he misses a couple, he is going to get down on himself and start forcing tough shots. Greg did a great job of just making him shot tough shots and not letting him get to his right hand.”

Spoiler:

JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#67 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:50 pm

What a fun and entertaining basketball game. Nice to see nearly every player treating every possession with equal importance. Fitting that Public Enemy #1, MCW, and Public Enemy #2, Greg Monroe, basically willed this team to victory. MCW set the tone on both ends of the court while Moose went to work on Andre Drummond. Middleton making more shots than he missed was a nice start to turning around his season. Jabari is such a beast. Id' have no problem running the offense through him every possession. Giannis was quiet early, but really came on to put the nail in the coffin. OJ Mayo is already impacting that second unit. Nice bounce back win. Lets keep it rolling.

I loved Ersan for most of his career in Milwaukee. It was the right time for both parties to part ways. I will not miss games like last night's where he basically takes himself out of the game after missing a handful of early wide open 3's. Will not miss that one bit. I'll leave all that missing of mediocre vets to what seems like the majority of this forum. :D

So, wait, the sky is not falling? I'm so confused.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#68 » by Badgerlander » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:54 pm

http://stats.nba.com/game/#!/0021500205/playbyplay/

MISS Ilyasova 6' Jump Shot 3:00
Drummond REBOUND (Off:6 Def:5) 2:59
MISS Drummond 2' Tip Layup Shot 2:59
Drummond REBOUND (Off:7 Def:5) 2:58
MISS Drummond Tip Layup Shot 2:56
Drummond REBOUND (Off:8 Def:5) 2:54
MISS Drummond 1' Tip Layup Shot 2:54
Ilyasova REBOUND (Off:1 Def:0) 2:53
MISS Ilyasova Tip Layup Shot 2:53
Drummond REBOUND (Off:9 Def:5) 2:50
Drummond 1' Tip Layup Shot (15 PTS) 2:50
45 - 47

http://on.nba.com/1Hk6iDQ

Spoiler:

JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#69 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:55 pm

BobbyLight wrote:I'm almost mad Giannis got to his average, he wanted nothing to do with offense tonight until garbage time. At least when he is passive he still plays good D, but man... the first three quarters he didn't want anything to do with the ball on the offensive end.

There is only one basketball. The offense was flowing really well all game. It just happened to be one of those nights when Giannis wasn't getting as many touches. So be it. Who cares about his PPG if the offense looks like that?
newerabucks
Senior
And1: 130

Post#70 » by newerabucks » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Milbuck wrote:I cannot wait for later in the season when Jabari's conditioning is at or close to top level, no more minutes restriction, and we just let him run a train on the league with no limitations. He looks like he could drop 20+ whenever he feels like it.

1) I love this guy
2) As I expected due to his background pedigree, his basketball IQ is already far higher than Giannis's - his decision making is outstanding

Question: what can we expect from his as an outside shooter? I have seen him miss a bunch of good looks so far but I'm hoping that's just rust.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,712

Post#71 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:05 pm

The thing I like best about Jabari is he seems to have an incredibly high basketball IQ. He understands spacing, how to deliver the ball, what he can/can't do.....wish our PG had the same Spidey sense.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#72 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:09 pm

I know its the nature of the beast, but these low post counts after wins are just so dam hilarious. Thats the problem when people make hard conclusions with small sample sizes. They end up looking silly. Then they hibernate until this young team lays another stinker or suffers another bad injury. They'll pop back in with "Kidd is over his head," "Monroe was ALWAYS a terrible signing," and "Middleton/Henson were ALWAYS dumb extensions." Try enjoying the process. And if it doesn't work, especially this year, keep in mind that Jabari and Giannis are both 20.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#73 » by Badgerlander » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:11 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGoR29Kv7f8[/youtube]

Spoiler:

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#74 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Max Green wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:Drummond is going to destroy Monroe tonight.

I don't see the Bucks winning this game.

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
We're going to get killed by threes and rebounds tonight.

Not that hard to see.

I hope I'm wrong, but current trends say we're getting smoked tonight.

8-)

Good to see Bucks get this win. When a team shows no heart like they have a few games in a row, don't know what to expect out of them. Monroe clearly had the bigger chip on his shoulder and the rest of the starters all had efficient games.

I'm happy to be wrong here. Not gonna throw dirt on this team just yet. Now we need to keep doing it.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#75 » by skones » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Optimists win.
newerabucks
Senior
And1: 130

Post#76 » by newerabucks » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:17 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:I know its the nature of the beast, but these low post counts after wins are just so dam hilarious. Thats the problem when people make hard conclusions with small sample sizes. They end up looking silly. Then they hibernate until this young team lays another stinker or suffers another bad injury. They'll pop back in with "Kidd is over his head," "Monroe was ALWAYS a terrible signing," and "Middleton/Henson were ALWAYS dumb extensions." Try enjoying the process. And if it doesn't work, especially this year, keep in mind that Jabari and Giannis are both 20.
Of course you're right and your last point is the most important one - ownership/management took off the training wheels this year by jettisoning the limited, "effort guy" vet leader types. It was likely to cost the team a few Ws early on but was the right move for long term development. For now, Kidd is the de facto team leader. That will change over the next couple of years as the two stars earn their stripes and respect among their teammates - these things take time. This team is a work in progress!!!
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#77 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:26 pm

I don't like Giannis being such a third fiddle on offense. He's a pretty effective offensive player but he's too young and inexperienced to stay involved when his more polished teammates are getting all the touches.

I'm not blaming him, his teammates, or his coaches though. I think they just have to keep experimenting with lineups. I would be in favor of eventually bringing either Monroe or Parker off the bench to bully the other team's reserves and stagger the minutes of the team's top scorers. The bench really needs a shot in the arm. I could see either Parker or Monroe getting 18 ppg in just under 30 mpg or something like that. Neither one appears to have great conditioning/motor/stamina right now, so that could improve the defense too.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#78 » by skones » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:41 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I don't like Giannis being such a third fiddle on offense. He's a pretty effective offensive player but he's too young and inexperienced to stay involved when his more polished teammates are getting all the touches.

I'm not blaming him, his teammates, or his coaches though. I think they just have to keep experimenting with lineups. I would be in favor of eventually bringing either Monroe or Parker off the bench to bully the other team's reserves and stagger the minutes of the team's top scorers. The bench really needs a shot in the arm. I could see either Parker or Monroe getting 18 ppg in just under 30 mpg or something like that. Neither one appears to have great conditioning/motor/stamina right now, so that could improve the defense too.

I think our Bench improves quite a bit w/ everyone being healthy and in a rhythm. Bayless has been VERY good this season and Mayo is working his way back in, giving the Bucks a second guy in that unit who can put the ball on the floor and get buckets. With one of Middleton, Giannis, Parker, and JOB/Henson in the mix, you've got a unit with some fire power, which is what they've been lacking.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#79 » by midranger » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:49 pm

LedZepp007 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
LedZepp007 wrote:I really wish we could have 3rd quarter Greg Monroe 100% of the time. Between him and Playoff Henson, we'd be pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Just need to add contract year Ersan, FTD Salmons, and first 20 games Jennings. Dynasty!

Lol, we have a monopoly on inconsistent players.

Sadly, that team probably does compete for a championship. Ersan was by far our best player for half a season. Salmons was at a Wade level for his FTD half season, and Jennings looked like a sure fire superstar after 20 games. **** Bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Add in last 20 game Dan Gadzuric and Ramon Sessions, Tim Thomas vs Austin Croshere in that one playoff series, post All-star/pre arm destruction Andrew Bogut, pre crack pipe TJ Ford, and immediate post trade Flip Murray.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#80 » by machu46 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:52 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:
You compared a starter's center box out with Giannis(SF at least half his minutes), Jabari(restricted mins) and our SG?
Monroe better boxout more than these guys or we are screwed big time..
Put Giannis as PF and he could easily have 5 rebounds more than Monroe as average.
Monroe is good rebounder but most of the time he just forgets to boxout and gives up an easy off reb to the opponent without even trying to jumb...

Boxing out is basketball fundamental that every player should know, everyone can get boxed out. We often let opposing teams non centers soar in for an easy putback or offensive rebound.

Do you want me to compare him to Henson? He is still better, better than every player on the roster sadly.

No, Giannis is actually really bad at boxing out the majority of the time too. He would probably get similar rebounding numbers to Monroe if he were at center.

I said that for their position on the court when the opponent shoots the ball.
Giannis most of the times this season is covering with his huge lengh one or two guys in the perimetre causing problems in their 3s while Monroe is guarding big men in our paint.
When you have to box out at those moments its 90% more important the box out of Monroe than that of Giannis and Monroe paired with Job or Jabari is doing a bad job and thats why we are one of the bottom teams in rebounding..
Put Giannis as PF for 36 minutes and from the 30th team in the league we will jump to a top 15 easily while our opponents 3p % will increse dramatically and we will cause fewer turnovers.

I wasn't able to watch last night, but not sure this has been the case over the course of the year. Monroe has been one of the best rebounding centers in the NBA this year, and if anything, I would say it's the other players' inability to box out that has killed us. If you don't box the center out, then yeah, he has good position, but if you don't box any of the perimeter guys out, they suddenly have 4 guys trying to rebound over your center. That's been the case a ton this year. Guys like Giannis, Middleton, and Jabari just watch the shot and don't react until it hits the rim while the other team crashes the boards and ends up boxing us out for easy offensive rebounds. Monroe can fail to box out and still have relatively good position to get a rebound; when the other guys don't box out, we're basically screwed.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks