ImageImage

Bucks could be bringing in Boozer (and Caron discussion)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Re: Bucks could be bringing in Boozer (and Caron discussion) 

Post#341 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:09 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:I don't see how stadium financing has anything to do with paying players, and Boozer would be the straw that breaks the camels back? Really? After the mountains of money that Herb lit on fire for decades?

Probably has a lot to do with the new owners basically all but saying "yeah, we're going to do the opposite of Herb Kohl" and then being Herb Kohl.

Herb would've given Boozer a 5 year 50mil deal before the season even started
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#342 » by breakchains » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:11 pm

crkone wrote:
BobbyLight wrote:There is not a way in the world to spin this positively if it happens. God I hope it doesn't happen.

If they cut Copeland, and let Boozer take his place on the bench as a vet voice, I don't care. It's not my money.

We always rationalize these things this way but usually it ends up wrong and our worst fears come true. Or at least close to it. For example, in this case, I bet even if Copeland was the one to be cut (not guaranteed - Inglis is at real risk), Boozer would end up getting an actual spot in the rotation unlike Copeland currently.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#343 » by BobbyLight » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:13 pm

crkone wrote:
BobbyLight wrote:There is not a way in the world to spin this positively if it happens. God I hope it doesn't happen.

If they cut Copeland, and let Boozer take his place on the bench as a vet voice, I don't care. It's not my money.

I can't really say that's positive. That would be neutral. So if he doesn't play... fine, who cares that he's here. I just don't have a good feeling that we would try and get him to sit him at the end of the bench. I think JOB could say goodbye to his playing time and that would be sad given his improvement from last year and the fact he at least tries really, really hard at almost all times.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#344 » by crkone » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:14 pm

breakchains wrote:
crkone wrote:

We always rationalize these things this way but usually it ends up wrong and our worst fears come true. Or at least close to it. For example, in this case, I bet even if Copeland was the one to be cut (not guaranteed - Inglis is at real risk), Boozer would end up getting an actual spot in the rotation unlike Copeland currently.

People were freaking out that Copeland was going to be in the rotation. He only was when Parker was still out.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
breakchains
General Manager

Post#345 » by breakchains » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:15 pm

crkone wrote:
breakchains wrote:
crkone wrote:

People were freaking out that Copeland was going to be in the rotation. He only was when Parker was still out.

That's because it turns out the guy literally can't move at this point.

I'll put it this way, I'll bet you that if Copeland is replaced with Boozer, Boozer will see more minutes per game than Copeland has over the past month (decisively).
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,616

Post#346 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:16 pm

At the absolute worst, this is just a K-Mart 10-day contract situation. Who cares? Copeland isn't really an NBA player anymore either.

The potential Caron trade was much worse because we would have given up value, albeit insignificant value, to acquire him.
crkone
RealGM

Post#347 » by crkone » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:18 pm

BobbyLight wrote:
crkone wrote:

I can't really say that's positive. That would be neutral. So if he doesn't play... fine, who cares that he's here. I just don't have a good feeling that we would try and get him to sit him at the end of the bench. I think JOB could say goodbye to his playing time and that would be sad given his improvement from last year and the fact he at least tries really, really hard at almost all times.

If he is a good influence on the team, I'd say it's positive. Maybe he'll take players to a movie instead of a strip club the night before a game? :lol:

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,560

Post#348 » by Matches Malone » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:18 pm

I'd rather have Boozer over Copeland, but not if he cuts into Parker/Giannis minutes. Hell, even if he dips into a ton of O'Bryant minutes, I'd be irked. At this point I'd rather they just stood pat and did something in the off-season.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
crkone
RealGM

Post#349 » by crkone » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:19 pm

breakchains wrote:
crkone wrote:
breakchains wrote:We always rationalize these things this way but usually it ends up wrong and our worst fears come true. Or at least close to it. For example, in this case, I bet even if Copeland was the one to be cut (not guaranteed - Inglis is at real risk), Boozer would end up getting an actual spot in the rotation unlike Copeland currently.

That's because it turns out the guy literally can't move at this point.

I'll put it this way, I'll bet you that if Copeland is replaced with Boozer, Boozer will see more minutes per game than Copeland has over the past month (decisively).

So we are assuming no injuries?

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#350 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:21 pm

I'm kind of assuming that Boozer would be brought in if we move Plumlee in a deal, maybe a 2 for 1 or something that opens a roster spot.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#351 » by BobbyLight » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:31 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:At the absolute worst, this is just a K-Mart 10-day contract situation. Who cares? Copeland isn't really an NBA player anymore either.

Let's say we cut Copeland and sign Boozer. At that point in time, nothing horrible has happened. It's all based on what happens after that which determines how bad this could end up being. I just have a hard time seeing us sign him to sit on the bench, but maybe am I wrong.

Either way, I hope we don't get the chance to figure it out.
breakchains
General Manager

Post#352 » by breakchains » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:42 pm

The assumption that we are cutting Copeland might be a faulty one. How will you "who cares" people feel if it is Inglis who is cut?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#353 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:46 pm

breakchains wrote:The assumption that we are cutting Copeland might be a faulty one. How will you "who cares" people feel if it is Inglis who is cut?

Get ready. I have a terrible feeling.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#354 » by mcfromage » Tue Jan 5, 2016 10:52 pm

:onfire: :violin: :wave: :reporter: :pityfool: :jawdrop:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks