ImageImage

ATL: 1/12/16: Halfway Point of Season (p.20)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Re: ATL: 1/12/16: Halfway Point of Season (p.20) 

Post#561 » by H2tObes » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:50 am

Milbuck wrote:
H2tObes wrote:I really think we are going to end up in the playoffs, I can see a lot of teams in the East falling in the 2nd half.
Tough to say if we sustain this or not, but if we do I really like our chances. Only 3.5 games out of the 8th seed now. Orlando, Miami, and Charlotte are in free fall, NY is OK but passable. Boston and Washington are gonna be tough.

IMO if we make it, it'll be because one or both of Giannis/Jabari join Middleton at all-star level. If we are in the playoffs it means this core is special.

We have an easier schedule with a lot of home games to finish off the season, I like our chances of having a good 2nd half. This team has proved to be damn good at home so far
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#562 » by Dcebucks11 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:16 am

Robin Lopez destroyed Gobert today, could of used a guy like him .. Cheaper and a much better fit on this team.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#563 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:33 am

36/16 :lift:. No big deal.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#564 » by blazza18 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:16 am

6/12/3 >>>>>>
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#565 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:32 am

Team wins by 31 and he's only +6?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#566 » by blazza18 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:41 am

Just being a good teammate by helping Ezeli with his contract negotiations..
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,554

Post#567 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:39 am

Skiles for Kidd?
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#568 » by Prince12 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:58 am

SOUL wrote:Skiles for Kidd?

Haha..this is quicker then normal.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#569 » by Badgerlander » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:35 am

SOUL wrote:Skiles for Kidd?

HELL F)&@ING NO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#570 » by Badgerlander » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:42 am

Dcebucks11 wrote:Robin Lopez destroyed Gobert today, could of used a guy like him .. Cheaper and a much better fit on this team.

Ooo AND a better fit if we start Greivis, and a better fit if we kept ZAza and Dudley, and better fit if we bench Jabari and start Dudley, and a better fit if we bench Giannis and slide Middleton to SF and start Bayless or Mayo because spacing and WINS, and a better fit if we bring Herb back and keep the Bradley Center. At least that's what I see every time I read better "fit" with young players that need to learn how to play.

Spoiler:

MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#571 » by MiltownHawkeye » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:44 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Dcebucks11 wrote:Robin Lopez destroyed Gobert today, could of used a guy like him .. Cheaper and a much better fit on this team.

Ooo AND a better fit if we start Greivis, and a better fit if we kept ZAza and Dudley, and better fit if we bench Jabari and start Dudley, and a better fit if we bench Giannis and slide Middleton to SF and start Bayless or Mayo because spacing and WINS, and a better fit if we bring Herb back and keep the Bradley Center. At least that's what I see every time I read better "fit" with young players that need to learn how to play.

Or maybe RoLo is just a better player AND a better player to have around Giannis/Jabari. Did you think of that one while typing up your stream of consciousness?
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#572 » by Badgerlander » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:24 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:

Or maybe RoLo is just a better player AND a better player to have around Giannis/Jabari. Did you think of that one while typing up your stream of consciousness?

No not really because while Rolo is a better PnR defender and rim protector I'd rather have Monroe, because Rolo needs a PnR PG on offense. Why would he be better to have around G+J? Because he'd rather go to Dinseyland than the strip club?

Spoiler:

MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#573 » by MiltownHawkeye » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:

No not really because while Rolo is a better PnR defender and rim protector I'd rather have Monroe, because Rolo needs a PnR PG on offense. Why would he be better to have around G+J? Because he'd rather go to Dinseyland than the strip club?

RoLo doesn't "need" anything on offense. We don't "need" our C to put up 20 points a game. He's better to have around Giannis and Jabari because he doesn't mandate touches for himself. It has nothing to do with off-court stuff.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#574 » by Fotis St » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:01 pm

Recruit Hassan Whiteside for the summer FA, and the Bucks become an immediate contender. (+ FA Evan Fournier "shooter")
I wonder if we have something to trade for Markieff Morris (any of Mayo, Ennis, Plumlee,Inglis) ... He could be our 2nd squad leader ... and a great Jabari backup...
He would very helpful for the playoffs, if we make it ...

Next season squad...

MCW/Bayless
Khris/Vaughn/Fournier
Giannis/M.Morris
Jabari/Monroe
Whiteside/Henson

This a contender team in my eyes with great depth from the 2 till the 5 position.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#575 » by Badgerlander » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:26 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:Or maybe RoLo is just a better player AND a better player to have around Giannis/Jabari. Did you think of that one while typing up your stream of consciousness?

RoLo doesn't "need" anything on offense. We don't "need" our C to put up 20 points a game. He's better to have around Giannis and Jabari because he doesn't mandate touches for himself. It has nothing to do with off-court stuff.

So players mandate their touches not the coaches? I'm pretty sure Monroe could stand around on offense just as easily as Rolo could, but what I'm getting at is that in order for Rolo to be effective enough on offense where his man will guard him and not double team Jabari or Giannis he needs a PG that will run a PnR around him to create an open look for him.

Spoiler:

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,677

Post#576 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:26 pm

Robin Lopez is not a better player than Monroe. Although I get that "better fit" is so often confused with "better player" around here.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#577 » by Perishable517 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:55 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:Or maybe RoLo is just a better player AND a better player to have around Giannis/Jabari. Did you think of that one while typing up your stream of consciousness?

We need a center who can put up points in the playoffs. That was very apparent last season.
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#578 » by Badgerlander » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:06 pm

Perishable517 wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:

We need a center who can put up points in the playoffs. That was very apparent last season.

Agreed, and a PG that can create offense which is why we overpaid for Greivis who was about the best available.

Spoiler:

MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#579 » by MadBlueEdwards » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Fotis St wrote:Recruit Hassan Whiteside for the summer FA, and the Bucks become an immediate contender. (+ FA Evan Fournier "shooter")
I wonder if we have something to trade for Markieff Morris (any of Mayo, Ennis, Plumlee,Inglis) ... He could be our 2nd squad leader ... and a great Jabari backup...
He would very helpful for the playoffs, if we make it ...

Next season squad...

MCW/Bayless
Khris/Vaughn/Fournier
Giannis/M.Morris
Jabari/Monroe
Whiteside/Henson

This a contender team in my eyes with great depth from the 2 till the 5 position.

Markieff Morris and Hassan Whiteside - two of the most unlikable players in the league. No thanks.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#580 » by tski1972 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:27 pm

NBA refs are legit...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj3_q9nlhWo[/youtube]
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes

Return to Milwaukee Bucks