Position Jabari Monroe Giannis

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,980

Re: Position Jabari Monroe Giannis 

Post#61 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 5, 2016 11:44 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Nearly as silly as thinking an ESPN stat is a good thing to go by.

You said Monroe was average yesterday. I said slightly above average.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#62 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 5, 2016 11:47 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Nearly as silly as thinking an ESPN stat is a good thing to go by.

Average player not average starting center. Just a guy, eminently replaceable.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#63 » by 3Diamantidis » Tue Jan 5, 2016 11:48 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:For me it's all about Giannis and has been since the middle of his rookie year. He is virtually a lock to be a top-30 player in terms of value and still IMO has the potential to crack the top 10 if he adds a few go-to moves to his arsenal. For every other player on the team, to me it's a question of how they fit with Giannis moving forward. Middleton is a great fit with Giannis. Personally I don't like Jabari much because I want to surround Giannis with shooters and I think they'll have more than enough scoring with Giannis, Middleton, and a bunch of shooters. He's so bad in other areas of the game that it's not worth the trade-off. If they didn't already have two good offensive forwards, I might feel differently. As for Monroe, I don't really like him on the team at all. Both Parker and Monroe have more value to the team as trade chips to get the pieces they really need.

Giannis (pf)
Parker (prefer a trade, but can see him as a 30 mpg super-sub sf/pf)
Monroe (out)

This
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 5, 2016 11:48 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Average player not average starting center. Just a guy, eminently replaceable.

Based on what?
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#65 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 5, 2016 11:55 pm

Watching him, knowledge of what impacts games, multi year RAPM IIRC. Post scoring hasn't been an impact thing for years and even then it's debatable, he's too slow of foot and mind to be an impact help defender. I just don't see how anyone can look at him and see anything special. That and he's an awful fit. I guess if he played out of the high post instead and had a good jumper you could make the argument he's worth having but you'd still have to move Jabari to have a decent defense.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#66 » by Prez » Tue Jan 5, 2016 11:56 pm

sk8wrulz wrote:
Milbuck wrote:Jabari - hybrid forward, but more SF than PF
Giannis - hybrid forward
Monroe - C on another team

Monroe doesn't fit here and he never will. He slows the game down way too much and stagnates the offense with his postups, and is awful defensively. We need an athletic center can catch lobs/finish easy layups, grab more than just uncontested rebounds, can protect the rim and defend the PnR. We don't need fancy post moves and and-1 screams. Just get a young garbage man center who can defend, rebound, and finish easy buckets. That's all we need.

Isn't that John henson? :D

Playoff Henson would be perfect if he showed up more than once every three weeks.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#67 » by Chapter29 » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:07 am

blazza18 wrote:SF - Jabari
PF - Giannis
C - Playoff Henson with a real PG

Bench big - Monroe

As far as what I'd do with our current squad? This.

Again I lobby.....please bring back Kendall Marshall. He's losing PT to white guys for crying out loud. ;)

Marshall-Middleton-Parker-Giannis-Henson with some Marshall-Vaughn-Middleton-Parker-Giannis thrown in for good measure.
Giannis
is
UponUs
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#68 » by AussieBuck » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:11 am

Yep start Henson and let him put up stats and then sell him to the Wizards or whoever.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#69 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:12 am

Playoff Henson will one day go down to the depths of what ifs Hakim Warrick and Charlie Villanueva.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:13 am

AussieBuck wrote:Watching him, knowledge of what impacts games, multi year RAPM IIRC. Post scoring hasn't been an impact thing for years and even then it's debatable, he's too slow of foot and mind to be an impact help defender. I just don't see how anyone can look at him and see anything special. That and he's an awful fit. I guess if he played out of the high post instead and had a good jumper you could make the argument he's worth having but you'd still have to move Jabari to have a decent defense.

Okay one, I'm not saying he's special. Being one of the two best players on a turd of a team doesn't mean much.

Second, he's shooting 44% from 15-19 feet. Rest of the regulars from that distance:

Middleton - 38.2%
Giannis - 38%
MCW - 31%
Parker - 21%
Bayless - 35%
Mayo - 60%
Henson - 0%
JOB - 49%

Third, I don't care about fit. I'll care about fit when we have a better idea if Giannis, Parker, and to a lesser extent MCW actually develop. If Parker develops a jump shot and Giannis plays closer to the hoop and becomes the team's rim protector (something Hammond alluded to today ICYMI) Monroe will fit fine.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#71 » by Prez » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:14 am

I was all for getting Marshall back here but he's been brutal in Philly, just terrible. Would probably give Nate a chance before Marshall given what I've seen of Marshall since his return.

As for Monroe, the defense is the biggest thing for me and I don't care what advanced stats say, he's been bad. Not just mediocre but flat out bad. Teams with lightning quick guards light him up. More than half the time he won't even rotate or get off his feet or put his hands up to contest. He regularly gets outrebounded, out boxed out, caught out of position, outhustled, out-everything'd in everything except low post offense that requires movement, jumping, playing hard, etc.
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#72 » by Chapter29 » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:14 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Hope you guys know how silly it sounds when you say our best player doesn't fit, when the reason he doesn't fit is our core players aren't good. Maybe have the patience to see how it looks next season when (hopefully) Giannis and Parker take another leap? If Parker and Giannis still can't shoot and you're worried about spacing, trade Monroe then and tank.

ETA: Or just trade Monroe now while his value is high. I don't care.

Um. Yeah. Been saying this all along.

Our "best" players aren't very good. At least not yet.
Giannis
is
UponUs
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,394

Post#73 » by randy84 » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:16 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Watching him, knowledge of what impacts games, multi year RAPM IIRC. Post scoring hasn't been an impact thing for years and even then it's debatable, he's too slow of foot and mind to be an impact help defender. I just don't see how anyone can look at him and see anything special. That and he's an awful fit. I guess if he played out of the high post instead and had a good jumper you could make the argument he's worth having but you'd still have to move Jabari to have a decent defense.

Okay one, I'm not saying he's special. Being one of the two best players on a turd of a team doesn't mean much.

Second, he's shooting 44% from 15-19 feet. Rest of the regulars from that distance:

Middleton - 38.2%
Giannis - 38%
MCW - 31%
Parker - 21%
Bayless - 35%
Mayo - 60%
Henson - 0%
JOB - 49%

Third, I don't care about fit. I'll care about fit when we have a better idea if Giannis, Parker, and to a lesser extent MCW actually develop. If Parker develops a jump shot and Giannis plays closer to the hoop and becomes the team's rim protector (something Hammond alluded to today ICYMI) Monroe will fit fine.

Monroe will be gone by then or overpaid on a 5 year max contract.
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#74 » by Chapter29 » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:16 am

Milbuck wrote:I was all for getting Marshall back here but he's been brutal in Philly, just terrible. Would probably give Nate a chance before Marshall given what I've seen of Marshall since his return.

Only seen him once. He's just back from a knee injury right? May take time.

I want him for his capabilities to run a team and hopefully play the game the right way. That will help our kids I feel. I don't expect him to be great. Just do what he did for us last year. Unless he's playing poorly because his knee isn't right, then that's a problem.
Giannis
is
UponUs
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#75 » by AussieBuck » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:27 am

ReasonablySober wrote:

Middleton - 38.2%
Giannis - 38%
MCW - 31%
Parker - 21%
Bayless - 35%
Mayo - 60%
Henson - 0%
JOB - 49%

He doesn't fit on any good team though. 16 points at decent efficiency isn't worth punting D and spacing. It's like having prime Al Jefferson on your team. He just makes life harder on both ends of the court than it could be.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#76 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:33 am

Monroe would fit better if Giannis and Jabari became everything we hope but it would still be pretty damn easy to find a better fit.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:33 am

AussieBuck wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Middleton - 38.2%
Giannis - 38%
MCW - 31%
Parker - 21%
Bayless - 35%
Mayo - 60%
Henson - 0%
JOB - 49%

He doesn't fit on any good team though. 16 points at decent efficiency isn't worth punting D and spacing. It's like having prime Al Jefferson on your team. He just makes life harder on both ends of the court than it could be.

The Al Jefferson that started 73 games and played 35 mpg on a team that two years ago had the 5th best defense in the league.

Cool, gotcha.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#78 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:40 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:Jabari and Giannis are pfs
Monroe is a center

they cannot play together because ridiculous as it may seem..... Monroe is the best midrange shooter of the bunch. longterm its the same clown show we got now.
I don't have a preference which of these guys gets moved but the sooner the better. this "future core" needs a major shakeup. its overrated.

>Insanely upset we moved Brandon Knight.
>Wants us to get rid of either Giannis or Jabari.

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#79 » by blazza18 » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:43 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Playoff Henson will one day go down to the depths of what ifs Hakim Warrick and Charlie Villanueva.

I don't like Henson at all. But I'd like to see him used as a guy who just blocks shots, sets hard screens and rolls to the basket to dunk the ball. Poor mans :lift: if you will.

I'd prefer that over what we have now.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#80 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:47 am

blazza18 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Playoff Henson will one day go down to the depths of what ifs Hakim Warrick and Charlie Villanueva.

I don't like Henson at all. But I'd like to see him used as a guy who just blocks shots, sets hard screens and rolls to the basket to dunk the ball. Poor mans :lift: if you will.

I'd prefer that over what we have now.

If he wasn't soft as hell and as motivated as Marcus Haislip he could be a solid poor mans Tyson Chandler/Brandan Wright type guy.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks