ImageImage

Will the Bucks do a major trade by the deadline?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Do you think the Bucks will make a major trade?

Yes.
34%
No.
66%

Total votes: 86

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,976

Re: Will the Bucks do a major trade by the deadline? 

Post#41 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:48 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
Shaffty wrote:I bet we trade Moose

I get it but I think you and others in generally have to think of what message that sends to the league and other potential FA. yea come here on a deal you want but we will just trade you in 6-8 months maybe to a place you have zero desire to go to. I think the negative impact that message sends will be more hurtful for other potential FA than most think.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I can't imagine he'd be overly broken up about moving on to a winning team after being on a loser in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#42 » by bucksbrewers3 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:51 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:
Shaffty wrote:I bet we trade Moose

I get it but I think you and others in generally have to think of what message that sends to the league and other potential FA. yea come here on a deal you want but we will just trade you in 6-8 months maybe to a place you have zero desire to go to. I think the negative impact that message sends will be more hurtful for other potential FA than most think.

I can't imagine he'd be overly broken up about moving on to a winning team after being on a loser in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Right but I still think that sends a bad message. I think we need to keep him and have guys on the perimeter that can actually shoot. The lane just get to congested.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,976

Post#43 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:54 pm

For what it's worth, I think it'd be stupid to move any of the 25 and younger core unless you're getting an offer you can't turn down. Monroe for a mid-first round pick isn't that. Neither would MCW for another below average PG like Trey Burke.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#44 » by emunney » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:57 pm

Mayo, Vasquez, Plumlee, Bayless, Copeland for Joe Johnson and Markel Brown works in the trade checker. Just saying.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,071

Post#45 » by Wisky4life » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:31 pm

If we are within striking distance of 8th, I feel a kohl move could happen. For good or for worse? Who the hell knows anymore.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
Dick Tate
Starter
And1: 1,848

Post#46 » by Dick Tate » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:

Right but I still think that sends a bad message. I think we need to keep him and have guys on the perimeter that can actually shoot. The lane just get to congested.

I think you could say it sends a bad message if he had signed a 4-yr deal. A 2-yr deal isn't showing a major commitment to Milwaukee. The Bucks are more or less just a stepping stone for him. It's a great place for him to pad stats while the youth around him matures. Trade him while he's at his max value.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#47 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:12 pm

I voted yes, half out of hope, and half because I think these owners are savvy. They knew Knight wasn't gonna be their long term guy so they moved him. I get the feeling the same fate is in store for MCW, even if the return isn't great.
Do it for Chuck
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,660

Post#48 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:02 am

Dick Tate wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I think you could say it sends a bad message if he had signed a 4-yr deal. A 2-yr deal isn't showing a major commitment to Milwaukee. The Bucks are more or less just a stepping stone for him. It's a great place for him to pad stats while the youth around him matures. Trade him while he's at his max value.

While that might make sense in analysis and when you look at it technically, the bottom line would be we signed a FA and then traded him three months into the season.

Ultimately I agree with DB and that Greg might not care, but even so I think it could send a message to future FAs. But again I'm totally in for trading him if we have a good deal. I agree with DB that, from what we've seen this year, it would make us awful.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#49 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:05 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
Dick Tate wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:

While that might make sense in analysis and when you look at it technically, the bottom line would be we signed a FA and then traded him three months into the season.

Ultimately I agree with DB and that Greg might not care, but even so I think it could send a message to future FAs. But again I'm totally in for trading him if we have a good deal. I agree with DB that, from what we've seen this year, it would make us awful.

To me, in the end, all that's gonna matter for FAs down the line is if we're a contender and/or how much money we have to spend. This is a business. Trading Monroe to a bottom feeder while we are in the playoff hunt might be a bad message but that's about it.
Do it for Chuck
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#50 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:44 am

13th seed 6 losses behind 8th. Need some more fail.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#51 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:49 am

AussieBuck wrote:13th seed 6 losses behind 8th. Need some more fail.

Only 3 in the loss column from 3rd in lotto standings. I'm a glass half full kinda guy.
Do it for Chuck
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#52 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:52 am

jakecronus8 wrote:

Only 3 in the loss column from 3rd in lotto standings. I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

Would you be willing to throw MCW and Bayless at the Nets to help them overtake us?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#53 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:54 am

AussieBuck wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

Would you be willing to throw MCW and Bayless at the Nets to help them overtake us?

John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#54 » by Jez2983 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:01 am

Where's the Hammond phone pic?

Hammy gonna Ham.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#55 » by blazza18 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:14 am

Jez2983 wrote:Where's the Hammond phone pic?

Hammy gonna Ham.

Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#56 » by blazza18 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:20 am

I found a more likelier one as well.

Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#57 » by Jez2983 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:47 am

blazza18 wrote:I found a more likelier one as well.

trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#58 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:56 am

I voted no, but I really think we will. So just disregard the rest of my post. Isn't it funny that most of us thought Monroe was a big time signing in the offseason, but now most of us would trade him and don't think we'd get a good return? What if we traded Monroe, MCW, Bayless and Mayo for Payne, Frank and a 1st rounder?! That'd be a pretty darn good trade deadline if you ask me. It'd basically be like, we traded Jennings for all them, Enis, Plumlee and Middleton!!!? I just **** your mind socket!
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#59 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:00 am

BTW, I loved the Monroe signing for the statement I thought it made. Now that I have watched every game he has had as a Buck, I hate his game. I can't wait for him to be traded at the trade deadline next year at the latest. He is the main reason we fell off this year IMO.
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,517

Re: RE: Re: Will the Bucks do a major trade by the deadline? 

Post#60 » by drone3 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:37 am

Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:BTW, I loved the Monroe signing for the statement I thought it made. Now that I have watched every game he has had as a Buck, I hate his game. I can't wait for him to be traded at the trade deadline next year at the latest. He is the main reason we fell off this year IMO.

Monroes defence is crap but last season Ilyasova, dudley and knight brought alot of shooting, so it's hard to blame it on the moose.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks