ImageImage

Will the Bucks do a major trade by the deadline?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Do you think the Bucks will make a major trade?

Yes.
34%
No.
66%

Total votes: 86

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Re: RE: Re: Will the Bucks do a major trade by the deadline? 

Post#61 » by Jez2983 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:42 am

drone3 wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:BTW, I loved the Monroe signing for the statement I thought it made. Now that I have watched every game he has had as a Buck, I hate his game. I can't wait for him to be traded at the trade deadline next year at the latest. He is the main reason we fell off this year IMO.

Monroes defence is crap but last season Ilyasova, dudley and knight brought alot of shooting, so it's hard to blame it on the moose.

Bench, bench, bench, bench, bench.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Re: Will the Bucks do a major trade by the deadline? 

Post#62 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:43 am

Team really didn't fall off, we just didn't get better like expected. We were pretty mediocre post deadline.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#63 » by Jez2983 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:46 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Team really didn't fall off, we just didn't get better like expected. We were pretty mediocre post deadline.

Bench did. And we're rocking one of the worst in the league this year.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#64 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:51 am

Jez2983 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Team really didn't fall off, we just didn't get better like expected. We were pretty mediocre post deadline.

Bench did. And we're rocking one of the worst in the league this year.

They were pretty atrocious post deadline too.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
nk657
Senior
And1: 180

Post#65 » by nk657 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:10 am

I dont think we will see a major trade (MCW, Giannis , Jabari, MIddleton, Henson) for years. Monroe might leave next year tho , if they find something interesting.(Mayo,Bayless and Vasquez are in the expendable list)
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#66 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:34 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
I think these guys will not have the guts to pull the trigger on MCW or Monroe.

This is obviously not true given we trade Knight just last year. I couldn't think of a more comparable thing than moving MCW.

That said, not having the guts and being patient to give it a year and a half to see if it works are two very different things that may end in the same exact result.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#67 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:37 am

M-C-G wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

This is obviously not true given we trade Knight just last year. I couldn't think of a more comparable thing than moving MCW.

Knight was grandfathered in, MCW was hand selected. There's a huge difference there. That's like saying "look at Larry Drew, Kidd isn't safe".
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#68 » by emunney » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:37 am

Thing is we traded BK from a position of strength. We were playing well and everybody internally was calling him our best player. Guys who get credit for winning are worth more. MCW and Monroe are getting credit for our decline. That's not ideal.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#69 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:46 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Knight was grandfathered in, MCW was hand selected. There's a huge difference there. That's like saying "look at Larry Drew, Kidd isn't safe".

We traded a "big time" player at the deadline that nobody thought we would actually trade. It was a shock around the league, to the point where I think trading MCW would be less shocking, even given his hand picked status.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#70 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:46 am

emunney wrote:Thing is we traded BK from a position of strength. We were playing well and everybody internally was calling him our best player. Guys who get credit for winning are worth more. MCW and Monroe are getting credit for our decline. That's not ideal.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

But as we learned with Larry Sanders, your value can always decline further.

Think Monroe and MCW will head to the deadline with some great "stats"
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
nk657
Senior

Post#71 » by nk657 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:55 am

M-C-G wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

That said, not having the guts and being patient to give it a year and a half to see if it works are two very different things that may end in the same exact result.

Under 25 guards are limited.
In a potential 1 for 1 trade :Irving, Lilard, K. Walker,J, Wall, D Russell are untouchable
This is what you can get:
Bledsoe , Trey Burke ,Dante Exum, Jrue Holiday Efrid payton Marcus Smart Z Lavine; (and half of those who are much younger, its really hard to acquire them) I dont see why any of these guys will be a better substitute
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#72 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:03 am

nk657 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

In a potential 1 for 1 trade :Irving, Lilard, K. Walker,J, Wall, D Russell are untouchable
Bledsoe , Trey Burke ,Dante Exum, Jrue Holiday Efrid payton Marcus Smart Z Lavine; (and half of those who are much younger, its really hard to aquire them) I dont see why any of these guys will be a better substitute

I think if Jrue comes at a cheap cost, he'd be a good one to try out, but I wouldn't really be that interested in moving anything significant to get him given that injury history.

Everyone else I agree it going to be really hard to acquire. That's why if you we are going to make a "big move" (which I hope we don't), it should be to upgrade the starting PG position with a game changer. I don't think it is a great idea to do at this point in the season as it would likely add wins to a lost season, but I'd go hard after Rubio, Conley, Teague, or I'd try to cheaply acquire Jrue or Lawson to see what they bring.

Other than that, I'd rather just look at moving some of the vets and fodder, see if you can use those TPEs to bring in some future picks, etc.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#73 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:09 am

Actually the more I look at Jrue, if his is reasonable cost to bring in, he is still pretty young and that contract is like one more year. He might be the guy that I think long and hard about this season yet.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,481

Post#74 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:14 am

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
nk657
Senior

Post#75 » by nk657 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:16 am

M-C-G wrote:
nk657 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Bledsoe , Trey Burke ,Dante Exum, Jrue Holiday Efrid payton Marcus Smart Z Lavine; (and half of those who are much younger, its really hard to aquire them) I dont see why any of these guys will be a better substitute

I think if Jrue comes at a cheap cost, he'd be a good one to try out, but I wouldn't really be that interested in moving anything significant to get him given that injury history.

Everyone else I agree it going to be really hard to acquire. That's why if you we are going to make a "big move" (which I hope we don't), it should be to upgrade the starting PG position with a game changer. I don't think it is a great idea to do at this point in the season as it would likely add wins to a lost season, but I'd go hard after Rubio, Conley, Teague, or I'd try to cheaply acquire Jrue or Lawson to see what they bring.

Other than that, I'd rather just look at moving some of the vets and fodder, see if you can use those TPEs to bring in some future picks, etc.

For me it was really a shock to see how many fans disliked MCW, i did not see this coming really. ok he cant shoot. He does everything else tho.
Rubio is a joke. We used to make him fun all the time here in Europe. Rubio is 10 times worse shooter than MCW, trust me. He is fragile he gets in the injury list every month. His defense is a big question. Hammond and Kidd want a young PG or in the worst case scenario a SG but still soemeone compatible with Giannis and Jabari's age. That means that the main guard of the team should not be over 25-26 so as you understand the options are very few. I dont really see why MCW is a bad fit..same discussion again and again hundreds of pages of disagreements. If Jrue is available perhaps they should get him. I dont know if he will fit with Giannis and Jabari but my point is that to get a really super young PG would need to give away besides MCW maybe Henson and a draft Pick or MCW and MIddletton...Thats not happening..
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#76 » by Jez2983 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:22 am

SupremeHustle wrote:Uhhhhh...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-funds-avenuecapital-assets-idUSKCN0UQ07M20160112

The whole team might be traded.

So he invested in junk bonds and a junk team.

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#77 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:26 am

SupremeHustle wrote:Uhhhhh...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-funds-avenuecapital-assets-idUSKCN0UQ07M20160112

The whole team might be traded.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShafftyBro/status/686748731694256129[/tweet]
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#78 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:45 am

Everyone keeps saying this trade deadline is a "sellers market." We'd all be more locked into the rest of this season if they players who have a future with the team are also the ones with significant roles. Bayless, Mayo & Vasquez all have to go. There's no other acceptable alternative.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#79 » by worthlessBucks » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:41 am

Chasing the high yield junk, playing the risk. Could be worse, he could be on food stamps or something.
Go Bucks!
Istanbullus
Junior
And1: 166

Post#80 » by Istanbullus » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:48 pm

M-C-G wrote:Actually the more I look at Jrue, if his is reasonable cost to bring in, he is still pretty young and that contract is like one more year. He might be the guy that I think long and hard about this season yet.

If we still had the Clips pick, would it have been enough with Mayo thrown in?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks