ImageImage

PG Thread (Chicago) - Jabari good, Giannis good, FIB tears priceless

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Re: PG Thread (Chicago) - Jabari good, Giannis good, FIB tears priceless 

Post#141 » by John Murdoch » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:10 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Giannis trade value is at an all-time high!! SELL!!!

Randle + Clarkson :dontknow:
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,670

Post#142 » by chonestown » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:11 pm

JackSIKMA43 wrote:Trust me ... this is one FIB here, who ain't crying at all. The Bucks beating the Bulls once, is just about the equivalent, of the Packers beating the Bears twice. Or more. You guys don't get the Chicago TV postgame show. Will Perdue nearly imploded, when talking about the Bulls turnovers. It was excellent theater. It was so good, I cracked open an Amstel, and watched it again. The thought of all those idiots driving back home tonight, with cold PSI air in their tires ... makes me salivate. Up yours, Bulls. Go Bucks.

Your hate is so powerful it could be refined, sold for $1.99/gallon and power 16-wheeled vehicles. I love it.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
nk657
Senior
And1: 180

Post#143 » by nk657 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Dcebucks11 wrote:

You do know that third year josh smith averaged more assists so far than third year giannis... Giannis has an efficiency advantage but Smith has a defensive advantage..

Giannis needs to play more consistent if he wants to top Josh Smith..

I Agree with the consistency factor and obviously the claim that his jump shot is the same as last year which is a big question about him and for his future, but if we are gonna pick single stats comparing him to J Smith, then Smith in his third year, had .439 FG% while Giannis already has the impressive number of .494 FG% lol
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#144 » by bdpecore » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Jez2983 wrote:Trade Giannis for Noah Vonleh and 238 2nds.

D-League championship here we come! Our summer league team would also dominate.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#145 » by M-C-G » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:36 pm

John Murdoch wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Giannis trade value is at an all-time high!! SELL!!!

Randle + Clarkson :dontknow:

Please leave good sir before this becomes too ungentlemanly to bare.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#146 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:38 pm

I liked that both pulled the trigger without hesitation on jumpers in the first quarter, Jabari on I think 3 and actually made two.

Also, the run they made for the first comeback in the second half was so much open court and they looked really amazing in the open court. Wish they could do that much more often, but I guess it's tough because that starts with defense which has been a problem all year.

Games like this (or GSW, Cle games) are so frustrating in that it shows what they're capable of, but then you have to remember they just got pasted by a merely ok team just two days earlier. Too bad there's no consistency this year
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#147 » by Nowak008 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:41 pm

MCW had problems brining up the ball against Aaron Brooks last night, that has to be a concern.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#148 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Wish I had seen it. Work has been kicking my ass lately. That said, I saw the Giannis highlights and I'm not the least bit surprised. He is that kind of player. He is already almost in that Odom/Kukoc/Schrempf/Kirilenko tier of matchup nightmare combo forward, and he's one of the least experienced, youngest players in the league. There was never a doubt that he would reach that tier, and in all likelihood he will be significantly better. He seems to have the ability to get more consistent body control (you see more and more flashes of it despite the inconsistency) and that's the one thing missing.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#149 » by BobbyLight » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:56 pm

Great game to be at last night. It appeared that the Chicago crowd was bigger than the Milwaukee crowd (maybe 60/40) but once the Bucks came back after their slow start, the Bucks fans were much louder than the Bulls fans.

There was one guy behind me a few rows who was super loud and cheered everything the Bulls did. When the Bucks turned it around, he was just as loud about how everything we did was a foul and we were whining too much... which seemed ironic coming from this guy.

I know a lot of people don't like going to Bulls games at the BC but I think they are the best while we aren't a very good team. There aren't going to be any other games at the BC that have that atmosphere.

When that switch flips in Giannis, it's fun to watch. I think we need to post him a lot more. He had that one play where he just backed Gibson to the hoop like he was nothing, turned and literally dropped the ball in the hoop. That was almost as impressive to me as his oop dunk (which was a terrible pass from Mids).

I said I don't care if that was the last game they won, and I don't. Just glad to get a win against the FIB's.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#150 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:17 pm

BobbyLight wrote:I know a lot of people don't like going to Bulls games at the BC

I dont like to go to them because Bulls fans faces are so punchable and I doubt that our BC staff looks the other way when I Dunleavy a few of them
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#151 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:19 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Wish I had seen it.

I always concurred with your thesis that this team will improve as the year goes along. We're seeing it last night and the prior Friday against the Mav's. Just too much talent, especially with Middleton blowing up.

But the question is can the learning curve ramp enough to make the playoffs or are we looking at one of those wasted seasons where we draft 13th?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#152 » by DutchManDanFan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:23 pm

BadgersBucks wrote:Games like this (or GSW, Cle games) are so frustrating in that it shows what they're capable of, but then you have to remember they just got pasted by a merely ok team just two days earlier. Too bad there's no consistency this year

Why is it frustrating? It gives a glimpse of what the future might bring. You have to be able to beat the good teams and they show they already can. Now they have to learn to beat the mediocre teams consistently. Experience is needed for that. The young core grows more experience every day. The future looks bright!
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#153 » by crkone » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:24 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

I always concurred with your thesis that this team will improve as the year goes along. We're seeing it last night and the prior Friday against the Mav's. Just too much talent, especially with Middleton blowing up.

But the question is can the learning curve ramp enough to make the playoffs or are we looking at one of those wasted seasons where we draft 13th?

It all depends on the defense and if the opposing offense can take advantage of its weaknesses, such as Parker's awful awareness, Giannis' constant handchecking, and Monroe's terrible overall defense.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#154 » by breakchains » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:25 pm

tigerclan wrote:Well we have to do some work when Giannis comes back in Greece this summer.
A little bit of conversation with him on the open courts he is playing for fun with his brother, will have the result we all desire(if the bucks won't be reasonable and won't trade him now).
He will realize what is best for him(...although i do feel that he started to understand recently).
After all in the NBAs page in Greece, everybody agree.
Even the journalists started to realize that the bucks don't trust him so it will be for his own good to leave ASAP.
We will make it happen.

I've been more critical of how the Bucks's have used and developed Giannis than anyone. But the Greek team was even more pathetic than the Bucks, considering how much poorer the talent level on that team was compared to the Bucks. Giannis played an even more complementary role than he does on the Bucks now - where he is finally being featured more and more of the past several weeks.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#155 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:26 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Maybe this is the year we get Horford instead of Yi

Spoiler:

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#156 » by msiris » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:31 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Last night was great, but the Knicks game proves otherwise. Coaches need to keep using Giannis like last night. Keep using him no matter what. Keep him positive no matter what. Same with Parker. These guys have more talent than likes of Mayo or Bayless.
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#157 » by msiris » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:36 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

You know that Horford was the number 3 pick right? :D
Ride the tank
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#158 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:39 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:
BadgersBucks wrote:Games like this (or GSW, Cle games) are so frustrating in that it shows what they're capable of, but then you have to remember they just got pasted by a merely ok team just two days earlier. Too bad there's no consistency this year

Why is it frustrating? It gives a glimpse of what the future might bring. You have to be able to beat the good teams and they show they already can. Now they have to learn to beat the mediocre teams consistently. Experience is needed for that. The young core grows more experience every day. The future looks bright!

Simply because they can't do it consistently but you know it's there but they just don't seem to have the same effort every night. If a team is just bad you don't get teased at all. So it's frustrating in that they tease you with a game like this, then tonight they'll likely lose by 17.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#159 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:44 pm

msiris wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

You know that Horford was the number 3 pick right? :D

You know that Altanta jumped from 7th to 3rd in the lottery pushing us down from 3rd to 6th right? :D

Spoiler:

DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#160 » by DutchManDanFan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:46 pm

BadgersBucks wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:

Simply because they can't do it consistently but you know it's there but they just don't seem to have the same effort every night. If a team is just bad you don't get teased at all. So it's frustrating in that they tease you with a game like this, then tonight they'll likely lose by 17.

So you're just impatient...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks