ImageImage

Zach Lowe: What the Blank is Going On in Milwaukee

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Re: Zach Lowe: What the Blank is Going On in Milwaukee 

Post#81 » by Masterfully » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:42 pm

Here's a Portland perspective on your conversation.

McCollum is really good. I wonder about his ability to be a full time starting PG. However, McCollum and the team played very well with him in that role when Damian was resting his injury . I think he averaged 25 and 7 with very low turnovers. He's got a great head on his shoulders, up for any challenge. I can't really say enough good stuff about him.

I think many Portland fans would entertain a Monroe for CJ deal just because the Lillard/McCollum backcourt doesn't look like it will work long term. They are too similar. But Portland management is IN LOVE with McCollum. I honestly think it would take a huge overpay to pry CJ out of Portland. On top of that the one guy management likes more than CJ is Lillard, who is BFFs with CJ. I just can't see that trade happening.

As far as Crabbe and Leonard go... Crabbe has quietly blown up this year. He seems to improve week by week. Not sure where his ceiling is. You don't want Leonard. Even when he plays well, he's frustrating. Trading Crabbe/Leonard for Monroe would be very lopsided for Portland IMO. Unless you're really just trying to get rid of Monroe.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#82 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:09 pm

No way I am moving Crabbe or McCollum for Monroe if I am Portland.
Those guys are keepers.

Leonard+Harkless or Connaughton+future 1st+Kaman or Hendo and capspace, sure.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,532

Post#83 » by raferfenix » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:52 pm

Could easily see Lowe being right about MCW ending up a "super sub" for us...or maybe Prunty was told to put him back into the starting lineup to showcase him:

As for Carter-Williams, here's a prediction: The Bucks bring him off the bench again for some extended stretch in the second half of the season. It's just hard to play all those non-shooters at the same time, and Carter-Williams might be able to feast posting up second-unit point guards -- and distributing from there. (To his credit, his jumper looked better for much of December and the early part of this month.)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks