ImageImage

Giannis' Development

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Re: Giannis' Development 

Post#121 » by Jez2983 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:35 am

Nightfall wrote:I found a 5' video of Giannis high school years (Warning: quality is VGA at best and the music makes you want to kill yourself, but here it is anyway) :
https://youtu.be/A8AG5tpWqRU

What I took from that is that he's moving similarly now to what he was when he was much smaller. That's a good thing.

Also, I can't believe he slipped to us. The way he's slicing through the D, even High School D, is effortless.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#122 » by M-C-G » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Giannis last 14 games

18.3 PTS 7.7 REB 2.9 AST 1.3 STL 1.4 BLK 2.9 TO 3.1 PF on 54% shooting with 6.3 FTA per game at 74%

Giannis season totals

15.8 PTS 7.0 REB 2.8 AST 1.1 STL 1.2 BLK 2.5 TO 3.5 PF on 51% shooting with 4.9 FTA per game at 76%
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#123 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:14 pm

16 ppg MAX
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#124 » by M-C-G » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:17 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:16 ppg MAX

Yeah, to do this without the aid of a 3PT shot is extremely encouraging. My wildest expectations capped Giannis as like a 20 points scorer, but I think he averages that as early as next season.

Whoever made the comment that he has single handedly made the Bucks bearable to watch over the last three years was spot on. He is the beacon of hope for a lot of very weary fans, that were beaten down by 20 years of mediocrity.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#125 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:18 pm

Its insane how Giannis expectations jumped so high in just couple of years.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#126 » by No-Man » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:15 am

Giannis at the C with a proper PG and a fast team man, I mean, that's the dream.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#127 » by Jstock12 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:42 am

Fischella wrote:Giannis at the C with a proper PG and a fast team man, I mean, that's the dream.

Please no. That's a dumb idea. Playing him at the C would basically negate all of his strengths and highlight his weaknesses.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: RE: Re: Giannis' Development 

Post#128 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:24 am

Magic Giannison wrote:Its insane how Giannis expectations jumped so high in just couple of years.

He does things that we've only seen few players do and he also does things we've never seen before. He's a special talent.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: RE: Re: Giannis' Development 

Post#129 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:26 am

Fischella wrote:Giannis at the C with a proper PG and a fast team man, I mean, that's the dream.

I definitely see some Olajuwon in his game.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#130 » by Prez » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:30 am

Jstock12 wrote:

Please no. That's a dumb idea. Playing him at the C would basically negate all of his strengths and highlight his weaknesses.

Not full time, he'd get worn out and you'd lose his quickness/length on the perimeter defensively...but in spurts? I don't see how a lineup of shooters + Jabari/Giannis at the 4/5 couldn't provide some filthy offense down the road. Say we drafted a crafty shooter/scorer like Buddy Hield or Jamal Murray...a lineup of Murray/Hield-Vaughn-Middleton-Jabari-Giannis could TORCH teams in like 2-3 years. It'd be only in small spurts to increase pace, spark the offense, etc. And Giannis is a very good rebounder when he focuses in, and has guarded everyone from Zach Randolph to Pau Gasol, he can handle defending big guys for small-medium stretches.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,224

Post#131 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:15 am

M-C-G wrote:Giannis last 14 games

18.3 PTS 7.7 REB 2.9 AST 1.3 STL 1.4 BLK 2.9 TO 3.1 PF on 54% shooting with 6.3 FTA per game at 74%

Giannis season totals

15.8 PTS 7.0 REB 2.8 AST 1.1 STL 1.2 BLK 2.5 TO 3.5 PF on 51% shooting with 4.9 FTA per game at 76%

Where do you think the Big 3 will be within the next 2 seasons?

I think Giannis goes to 18.5 next season and hits 20pts the following season.

I think Jabari is going to jump from 11.1 to 18 next season, and 23 the 2nd half of the following season being in the lower half of the top 10 scorers in the league. His work this offseason to get that jumper to fall will bring him up to 18, then he puts all his skills together and realizes he can take over about 24 months from now and begins moving at 23ppg.

I don't know about Midz. I could see his game continuing to improve from 17.7 to 18.5 next season to 19/20 the following but are there enough touches for that to be realistic? Maybe Midz maintains his numbers because Jabari's midrange game opens things up for Midz and he has an easier time getting good looks. He has fewer touches but better looks, and maybe his 3 ball becomes more available keeping his averages in the high teens. Of course it depends who's around him if guys like bayless or vasquez are creating problems.

I think Giannis and Jabari are less susceptible to their other teammates slowing them down. Both are growing into their own and will get theirs no matter who is around. As they mature both are going to realize they can put the game on their shoulders and just attack. Since both are willing passers they still will play smart enough basketball to keep their teammates engaged and I think they are going to eventually feed off each others success as they progress.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#132 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:20 am

i believe that jabari can have the same progression as Giannis offensively. im expecting him around 16 to 17 ppg next year if everything goes well.
As for Giannis i do not know, the current team feels like it doesn't showing his true capabilities and gets limited by our team comp and design but if he improves his shooting and we have a better fit then i can see him averaging 20 ppg in the next 2 years.
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#133 » by imithanos » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:57 am

A lot has to do with our starting line-up next year. If we trade Monroe, I see G/J/K averaging over 17-18ppg. Otherwise one(or two) of them will be ~15ppg.
No hay banda.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#134 » by Prez » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:24 am

Giannis' scoring next year will be entirely dependent on his jumper. If his midrange game is back and he's shooting 3s too next year, he'll score what he wants to. He could be anywhere from marginally better than he is now to taking a McGradyesque jump. If he can shoot I just don't know how you'd guard him.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#135 » by Prince12 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:56 am

M-C-G wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:16 ppg MAX

Yeah, to do this without the aid of a 3PT shot is extremely encouraging. My wildest expectations capped Giannis as like a 20 points scorer, but I think he averages that as early as next season.

Whoever made the comment that he has single handedly made the Bucks bearable to watch over the last three years was spot on. He is the beacon of hope for a lot of very weary fans, that were beaten down by 20 years of mediocrity.

Ill take credit for that and its the truth. The 15 win year he was the only reason i watched. Last year was fun winning a few games but still i went into every game wanting to watch this guy and now admittedly with Jabari and Khris i am cool with any result as long as these guys are playing well together.

He is just scratching the surface and the way him and Jabari linked up a few times tonight is about as excited as I've ever been watching the bucks. Yeah at times is been frustrating but i just hope this deadline bears fruit for us, its obviously to the surprise of no one that benching Monroe and MCW has brought instant results from our three future pieces.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,565

Post#136 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Yeah, I'm still vehemently against the Giannis at Center idea. He's starting to hit that corner 3 with consistency, and forcing him down in the paint to guard stronger centers negates his greatest strength in being able to post up smaller 3's and blow by slower 4's off the dribble.

Like I said earlier this season, just put him at PF and watch him put up Blake type numbers (20/9/5/1/1) in 3 years.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#137 » by skones » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:02 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, I'm still vehemently against the Giannis at Center idea. He's starting to hit that corner 3 with consistency, and forcing him down in the paint to guard stronger centers negates his greatest strength in being able to post up smaller 3's and blow by slower 4's off the dribble.

Like I said earlier this season, just put him at PF and watch him put up Blake type numbers (20/9/5/1/1) in 3 years.

How does his defensive assignment negate his strength on the offensive end? He'll still be able to blow by opposing centers off the dribble, and his range probably becomes a significant advantage at that position. If he can hold his own defensively and on the glass at that position, it makes our roster downright scary in today's league. Him being a poor rebounder is probably one of the primary reasons we haven't gone in that direction already.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#138 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:02 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Giannis last 14 games

Giannis season totals

Where do you think the Big 3 will be within the next 2 seasons?

I see Giannis stretching his range next season and would expect his efficiency to drop as a result, but his overall numbers to look pretty similar to the last 14 games.

The following year, I see him as a 20 point scorer.

Jabari, I see his usage growing next season and being about a 16 pt scorer next season. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has the most +25 point games scored on the team. At age 22, I'd expect something around 18.5 pts a game and improved efficiency. I'll also say I still expect that his usage will be too low.

Midds I expect hangs around that 18 point mark, but my hope is that as Jabari and Giannis grow, Middleton shot mix moves more toward the 3pt line, and his usage come downs a bit.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#139 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:52 pm

skones wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, I'm still vehemently against the Giannis at Center idea. He's starting to hit that corner 3 with consistency, and forcing him down in the paint to guard stronger centers negates his greatest strength in being able to post up smaller 3's and blow by slower 4's off the dribble.

How does his defensive assignment negate his strength on the offensive end? He'll still be able to blow by opposing centers off the dribble, and his range probably becomes a significant advantage at that position. If he can hold his own defensively and on the glass at that position, it makes our roster downright scary in today's league. Him being a poor rebounder is probably one of the primary reasons we haven't gone in that direction already.

Because Giannis contributes defensively much better at 3 and 4 to spend him at 5 which he will struggle against big bodies.

Like Millbuck said, i would be fine having Giannis playing some minutes at C surrounded with shooters.

Also, Giannis is a poor rebounder?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#140 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:55 pm

The only thing I'd worry about with Giannis at center is strength and him getting in foul trouble on the defensive end too easily. All I want this summer is Giannis taking 1,000 3s per day.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks