The Return of Larry Sanders?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Re: The Return of Larry Sanders? 

Post#41 » by Prez » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:00 pm

ZeppelinPage wrote:Swap out Monroe for a prime Sanders and how good are we?

We'd be really, really **** fun to watch. Probably fighting for a playoff spot but the main thing would be how awesome a team we'd be to watch on a nightly basis.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#42 » by LedZepp007 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:05 pm

Good old Larry Sanders

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,977

Post#43 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:05 pm

BadgersBucks wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
BadgersBucks wrote:All things considering, I was very surprised he walked away for only 12 mil of the 44 he was owed. He could've really been a much bigger problem if he wanted to be a jerk.

He was facing another drug escalating drug suspension. He wanted to just smoke weed and quit that badly. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong but the next failed drug test would have cost him well into the 7-figures for a suspension and the next one would've been twice as much. Considering I believe he failed 4-5 drug test in the past 18 months, there was no way he would've seen the $44M. Add in that he didn't have to play 3.5 years of that 4 year contract I see why he took the money.

His initial stance from what I heard (and his tweets) was he wanted the full $44M. His agent and the Bucks told him it wasn't going to happen and after 4 months, negotiations, and another pending failed test, he felt $12M was a good deal. I'm sure if he demanded $44M, the Bucks would've just said F-U and suspended him with pay forcing him to take drug tests and comply with NBA rules.

Sure, I get that. I just remember when I first heard they were working on buyout that I expected much worse. I just mean he probably could've fought longer and ended up in the 20s. But like you said, he just wanted to end it and get away so took the 12. Again, all I meant was that it could have been a lot worse.

I thought he did get close to 20. He 'played' half a season so that was an addition 7 mil.
Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Post#44 » by Tfence92 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:06 pm

So I know he served a 10 game suspension the year we bought him out, but people are talking about him having to another suspension to serve should he come back.

Can someone fill me in as to if/when he failed another drug test?
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#45 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:19 pm

Milbuck wrote:
ZeppelinPage wrote:Swap out Monroe for a prime Sanders and how good are we?

We'd be really, really **** fun to watch. Probably fighting for a playoff spot but the main thing would be how awesome a team we'd be to watch on a nightly basis.

Our spacing would be even worse on offense. And our scoring output would be way down. Defense would definitely be better but not sure our W/L would improve more than a couple games.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#46 » by Max Green » Tue Feb 9, 2016 7:51 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LarrySanders/status/693513141884424192[/tweet]

I'll welcome Larry back with open arms. I'd personally deliver the message to Copeland right now he's cut for Larry.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#47 » by bdpecore » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:03 pm

Max Green wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/LarrySanders/status/693513141884424192[/tweet]

I'll welcome Larry back with open arms. I'd personally deliver the message to Copeland right now he's cut for Larry.

Why cut one of our best shooters for a center who cannot shoot?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#48 » by blazza18 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:24 pm

The guy walked out on our team. **** him!
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#49 » by bucksfansince88 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:41 pm

Id pay top dollar to find out what was going on in those practices and behind the scenes weeks and days before the whole Larry fiasco unraveled, My money is on him and kidd Clashing big time and Kidd wanted him gone at all costs. If i were running the bucks I would have dismissed him from the team for rest of season under the guise of mental health treatment and reassessed this past summer. but no way do I buy him out and let him become a free agent.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#50 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Feb 9, 2016 10:01 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:Id pay top dollar to find out what was going on in those practices and behind the scenes weeks and days before the whole Larry fiasco unraveled, My money is on him and kidd Clashing big time and Kidd wanted him gone at all costs. If i were running the bucks I would have dismissed him from the team for rest of season under the guise of mental health treatment and reassessed this past summer. but no way do I buy him out and let him become a free agent.

Why are we looking for reasons to take the blame away from Larry? I heard him talking about how he wasn't going to be forced to rehab and was going to fight it. He also tweeted stuff out about leaving as soon as they pay him his money. His actions predate Kidd. Yeah, sure Kidd wanted him gone but I bet most coaches would've too.

This wasn't an all of sudden thing. We just ignored all the reports that were there that Larry was willing to quit on this team. That and most of the local media like Gardner had no interest in covering the story.

Again, I don't get it. This is 100% on sanders. Yes I will say that he had mental problems and that could be the biggest factor factor, but it was you can't blame this on the Bucks, Kidd, or the media. It was completely self induced and he constantly violated team and league rules. He then refused help from the team until absolutely forced.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,658

Post#51 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Feb 9, 2016 10:02 pm

Would be lying if I said I didn't have a soft spot for this piece of ****. I'd take him back.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#52 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Feb 9, 2016 10:06 pm

Larry needs to follow through on pursuing his artistic endeavors.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,704

Post#53 » by AussieBuck » Tue Feb 9, 2016 10:07 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I'm probably one of Larry's biggest defenders here...and I'm not sure I'd take him back. Not because of bitterness over his departure, but because I'm not sure if I want to rely on him.

I suppose for a minimum deal, I'd consider it.

Yeah you'd have to have two other guys capable of filling the 48 minutes and you wouldn't want to pay him much.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,731

Post#54 » by DanoMac » Tue Feb 9, 2016 10:45 pm

If it means we don't have to hear any more of his whack ass songs yeah sign him up.
Bucknado
Sixth Man
And1: 1,195

Post#55 » by Bucknado » Tue Feb 9, 2016 11:15 pm

10 day contract. If he gets ejected within those 10 days, sign him. It's the only way you know the old Larry is back.
milwaukee bunks
Senior
And1: 434

Post#56 » by milwaukee bunks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:03 am

BadgersBucks wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:He was facing another drug escalating drug suspension. He wanted to just smoke weed and quit that badly. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong but the next failed drug test would have cost him well into the 7-figures for a suspension and the next one would've been twice as much. Considering I believe he failed 4-5 drug test in the past 18 months, there was no way he would've seen the $44M. Add in that he didn't have to play 3.5 years of that 4 year contract I see why he took the money.

His initial stance from what I heard (and his tweets) was he wanted the full $44M. His agent and the Bucks told him it wasn't going to happen and after 4 months, negotiations, and another pending failed test, he felt $12M was a good deal. I'm sure if he demanded $44M, the Bucks would've just said F-U and suspended him with pay forcing him to take drug tests and comply with NBA rules.

Sure, I get that. I just remember when I first heard they were working on buyout that I expected much worse. I just mean he probably could've fought longer and ended up in the 20s. But like you said, he just wanted to end it and get away so took the 12. Again, all I meant was that it could have been a lot worse.

I thought he did get close to 20. He 'played' half a season so that was an addition 7 mil.

i was thinking what you were thinking, except I thought we paid him the full 11 mil for the first year of the deal and then stretched the 1.86 for the rest.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#57 » by sdn40 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:02 am

Max Green wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/LarrySanders/status/693513141884424192[/tweet]

Translation:
It's been almost a year to date since I've left Milwaukee. I've smoked ALOT of ganja without peeing into a cup and I'm more than grateful for that, but I do miss u paychecks
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#58 » by Prince12 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:29 am

Would be cool to see him back in the league. Just believe there should be some rule that states if he comes back then our buyout deal gets waived. He walked out on his contract so if he decides to come back a year later why should we be on the hook for the next 5 odd plus years.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#59 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Prince12 wrote:Would be cool to see him back in the league. Just believe there should be some rule that states if he comes back then our buyout deal gets waived. He walked out on his contract so if he decides to come back a year later why should we be on the hook for the next 5 odd plus years.

I guess I don't see how it would be cool. He was constantly a problem during the time he was here and quit on the team. There are literally of 100s of guys of former college players and europeans that I would rather make it back to the show.

Unless he went on a redemption tour where he explained himself better, showed regret and took it as a tale of warning. Otherwise, f that guy.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,526

Post#60 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Prince12 wrote:Would be cool to see him back in the league. Just believe there should be some rule that states if he comes back then our buyout deal gets waived. He walked out on his contract so if he decides to come back a year later why should we be on the hook for the next 5 odd plus years.

I guess I don't see how it would be cool. He was constantly a problem during the time he was here and quit on the team. There are literally of 100s of guys of former college players and europeans that I would rather make it back to the show.

Unless he went on a redemption tour where he explained himself better, showed regret and took it as a tale of warning. Otherwise, f that guy.

I'm not advocating him back in Milwaukee, as I believe that ship has sailed. But some team is going to take a chance on him, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he becomes the next Hassan Whiteside "we should have taken a flier on that guy" type acquisition.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks