ImageImage

Jabari Parker Development

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Re: Jabari Parker Development 

Post#1281 » by LedZepp007 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Jabari turned into an average man defender. It's team defense where he's terrible. Luckily that's fixed much more easily than man defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
LedZepp007
General Manager

Post#1282 » by LedZepp007 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:15 pm

Also, how did this turn into the offseason of Fotis St? What a dumpster fire. Paul Manafort is that you?

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#1283 » by Prez » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:24 am

Read on Twitter
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,645

Post#1284 » by chonestown » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:06 am

Milbuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks disgruntled, not having enough fun this summer, plotting a way to return to Chicago.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#1285 » by blazza18 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:27 am

Jabari stealing a women's phone. Another poor draft by Hammonds. How have we not released him yet?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#1286 » by KidA24 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:28 am

LedZepp007 wrote:Jabari turned into an average man defender. It's team defense where he's terrible. Luckily that's fixed much more easily than man defense.

What? No. He was bad at everything, except maybe keeping his guy in front of him 1v1.

He couldn't read a screen, play weak side defense, box out or help/hedge on a pnr...and can't stop ball watching.

It's way tougher to be good at team defense than man to man. Man to man is one focus point. Team is 5.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#1287 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:13 am

KidA24 wrote:
LedZepp007 wrote:Jabari turned into an average man defender. It's team defense where he's terrible. Luckily that's fixed much more easily than man defense.

What? No. He was bad at everything, except maybe keeping his guy in front of him 1v1.

He couldn't read a screen, play weak side defense, box out or help/hedge on a pnr...and can't stop ball watching.

It's way tougher to be good at team defense than man to man. Man to man is one focus point. Team is 5.

Yeah unfortunately it looked to me like Jabari regressed on defense from his rookie year. I actually thought his defense was starting to look semi passable before the injury.
Do it for Chuck
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#1288 » by Fotis St » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 am

Jabari weightlifting with a "Lebron Face" !!! :lift:
Looks like Jabari changed his ceiling from Melo to Lebron :thumbsup:
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#1289 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:31 am

Fotis St wrote:Jabari weightlifting with a "Lebron Face" !!! :lift:

Gunna be rough when he bolts to Chicago :(.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,223

Post#1290 » by HKPackFan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:05 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Fotis St wrote:Jabari weightlifting with a "Lebron Face" !!! :lift:

Gunna be rough when he bolts to Chicago :(.

It is gonna suck when the sun melts the earth but no need to be a negative nancy long before it happens.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#1291 » by Prince12 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:48 am

You may have missed the gag there HK.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
LedZepp007
General Manager

Post#1292 » by LedZepp007 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:38 pm

He was very poor at everything on defense as a rookie. IMO, he's okay at man now. Still terrible at team D.

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#1293 » by M-C-G » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:06 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
KidA24 wrote:

Yeah unfortunately it looked to me like Jabari regressed on defense from his rookie year. I actually thought his defense was starting to look semi passable before the injury.

Not sure I agree about his rookie year, but I noticed a stark improvement this season on the effort keeping his man in front of him. I remember specifically the spurs game where he was holding Kawhi at bay and I was like holy ****, maybe he can d. Then they shifted him to the 4 and he got his ass handed to him in the post by Boris Diaw.

A mixed bag, but in the end I expect him to be an Ersan level defender, by which I mean active, effort and opportunistic. By no means locking anyone down, but if he ends up being what I think he will on offense and help him out by having a rim protector, he will be fine IMO. It is also interesting for a guy that gets lost off the ball defensively, he seems to anticipate well and gets a surprising amount of steals.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#1294 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:12 pm

M-C-G wrote:Not sure I agree about his rookie year, but I noticed a stark improvement this season on the effort keeping his man in front of him. I remember specifically the spurs game where he was holding Kawhi at bay and I was like holy ****, maybe he can d. Then they shifted him to the 4 and he got his ass handed to him in the post by Boris Diaw.

This. The reason Jabari has looked all sorts of bad on defense his first season and a half is because he's been playing out of position at the 4. He's not a PF, he's a SF. Slimming down this summer, continuing to improve his conditioning, and working on his perimeter game will make this even more obvious once the regular season starts.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#1295 » by Fotis St » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Not sure I agree about his rookie year, but I noticed a stark improvement this season on the effort keeping his man in front of him. I remember specifically the spurs game where he was holding Kawhi at bay and I was like holy ****, maybe he can d. Then they shifted him to the 4 and he got his ass handed to him in the post by Boris Diaw.

This. The reason Jabari has looked all sorts of bad on defense his first season and a half is because he's been playing out of position at the 4. He's not a PF, he's a SF. Slimming down this summer, continuing to improve his conditioning, and working on his perimeter game will make this even more obvious once the regular season starts.

Ron you just gave me hope that this forum worths it.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#1296 » by IrishRainbow » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Okay...so I basically never use my actual computer to check the web (okay...thus site). What's with the tweet numbers? I can no longer see the tweet or copy paste the link. *Note3
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,223

Post#1297 » by HKPackFan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Prince12 wrote:You may have missed the gag there HK.

Curse that lack of green font! :oops:
#FreeChuckDiesel
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#1298 » by freewhitemoon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:32 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:

He's looked bad on defense because he is a bad defender. That just hurts more at a front court position. Even when he started guarding wing players, he'd be awful. You'd look at the possessions 1on1 on the ball and think he's not bad but then the guy he's guarding ends up with like 30 points because every other facet of defense he is terrible.

Physically, there's no reason why he can't defend 4s in today's game.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1299 » by crkone » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:53 pm

He has a weird attention problem on defense. He'll zone out on defending off the ball and watch the action across the court while his man sneaks away. I guess it would be defensive awareness or something. He also doesn't know who to pick up in PnRs most of the time and just gets in the way.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#1300 » by M-C-G » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:54 pm

freewhitemoon wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

He's looked bad on defense because he is a bad defender. That just hurts more at a front court position. Even when he started guarding wing players, he'd be awful. You'd look at the possessions 1on1 on the ball and think he's not bad but then the guy he's guarding ends up with like 30 points because every other facet of defense he is terrible.

Physically, there's no reason why he can't defend 4s in today's game.

If you pair him with a rim protector, perhaps. If you pair him with a Monroe, it doesn't work. Need some kind of help defense/rim protection out of your 4 or 5, this I have learned.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks