ImageImage

Who is this team's ideal point guard?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Re: Who is this team's ideal point guard? 

Post#161 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:51 am

raferfenix wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:Boston doesn't want Monroe. I wouldn't waste any time conjuring deals to send him there.

Opinion or you hear something?

And for the record I think Hornets / Lakers / Pelicans / Blazers are the most realistic Monroe destinations at the moment.

I agree that those are the most likely destinations
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#162 » by Revived » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:54 am

Brandon Knight. The Bucks were winning with him too (33-23).

Take him back.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#163 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:07 am

SF88 wrote:Brandon Knight. The Bucks were winning with him too (33-23).

Take him back.

I'd say you could have Monroe for him but I dunno if I want that contract.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Revived
RealGM

Post#164 » by Revived » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:16 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Take him back.

Nah I wouldn't want Monroe here either.

Vasquez, Vaughn and Bayless (former Wildcat who was also born & raised in Phoenix) for Knight. Don't know how high yall are on Vaughn though.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#165 » by Prince12 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:24 am

Is that the same sf88 that was giving us all **** for giving up such a great player?
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
humbertomakris
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#166 » by humbertomakris » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:34 am

i think the roster already has a version of all these guys. We just haven't seen them in the newly calibrated offense with Giannis as the PG.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#167 » by H2tObes » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 am

SF88 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Take him back.

Vasquez, Vaughn and Bayless (former Wildcat who was also born & raised in Phoenix) for Knight. Don't know how high yall are on Vaughn though.

I wouldn't trade Bayless for Brandon Knight, much less Vaughn
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#168 » by Jez2983 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:03 am

H2tObes wrote:
SF88 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I'd say you could have Monroe for him but I dunno if I want that contract.

I wouldn't trade Bayless for Brandon Knight, much less Vaughn

Knight with headband is on a great contract and has shown occasional off ball ability. Naked Knight? Not so much.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#169 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:06 am

Cap space for Knight would be interesting. On one hand I'd think you could maybe get something for him a few months later but on the other hand you might only be able to Tobes' like dump him.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Revived
RealGM

Post#170 » by Revived » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:16 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Cap space for Knight would be interesting. On one hand I'd think you could maybe get something for him a few months later but on the other hand you might only be able to Tobes' like dump him.

Quite frankly, I would easily traded Knight to the Magic for Harris. I would have maybe even added a late 1st round pick to the deal.

I think Magic just screwed the pooch on that trade.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#171 » by raferfenix » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:16 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
raferfenix wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:Boston doesn't want Monroe. I wouldn't waste any time conjuring deals to send him there.

Opinion or you hear something?

And for the record I think Hornets / Lakers / Pelicans / Blazers are the most realistic Monroe destinations at the moment.

I agree that those are the most likely destinations

I wish Boston would be into Monroe since they have so many available assets.

If we could nab the Pelicans pick that'd be fantastic. Maybe if we stay at #10 and they stay at #6 we could use Monroe to trade up. Not sure how interested I am in Jrue Holiday now that Point Giannis has emerged. Ideally I'd do something like Monroe / Vaughn for #6 / Asik's corpse but that is probably too much to hope for.

Don't know what the Lakers would deal for Monroe. D'Angelo Russell is playing too well now for him to be on the block even if Byron Scott were trying to get rid of him. And if they keep their pick it'd be so good that we couldn't acquire it.

One of our resident insiders (I think SupremeHustle) suggested Frank Kaminsky for Monroe could be a thing. If Frank The Tank is really not a center I don't know how highly we should value him though.

If Portland makes the playoffs they are sending their pick to Denver. Other than picks their isn't much on their roster I'm so into that they'd be willing to trade for Monroe.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#172 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:54 pm

I'd trade Monroe for BK pretty easily, but would prefer the cap space to either option. I think the Bucks could be a highly regarded destination this offseason, but screwed it up badly by being too eager to sign Monroe and Henson.

If BK could understand that he's a supporting cast scorer and not a primary one, he would be a pretty good fit.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#173 » by Chapter29 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:57 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Mike Conley checks all the boxes (3-pt shooting, defense, passing). My ideal scenario is still to offer him the full max and hope that the allure of the Big 3 and playing for Kidd is stronger than New York and Phil.

I was saying this as well prior to the Point freak. Not sure Conley comes here to let Giannis run the show. And to be honest I want Giannis running the show. Even over a guy like Conley who is very good at it. Giannis just represents such a major match up problem when he's running the offense.

Everyone asks over and over who is Giannis most like. Well as the Point freak, quite a bit like Westbrook.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#174 » by Chapter29 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:00 pm

Interesting with Knight now. We don't need a PG to really be a PG. We of course have Giannis for that. Now Knight would be fairly interesting. How times have changed.

Still probably don't want him for 2 reasons. 1 he's still a ball hog and shoots too much for the role I'd put him in. And 2 he's too expensive. OK that's 3 things. ;)

But still, much more interesting. Imagine if he accepted that 4th scorer role?
Giannis
is
UponUs
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#175 » by AussieBuck » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:05 pm

Giannis with a set three ball from the top is a 6'11 Manu. If he gets that down I don't want anyone taking the ball off him. :)
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Post#176 » by BuckHole » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:06 pm

A PG who can defend, shows leadership but understand role (no hero ball), distribute effectively, and hit a three enough so to make a defense defend it.

Sent from my Wii using RealGM Forums
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#177 » by AussieBuck » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:20 pm

BuckHole wrote:A PG who can defend, shows leadership but understand role (no hero ball), distribute effectively, and hit a three enough so to make a defense defend it.

Sent from my Wii using RealGM Forums

emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#178 » by raferfenix » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:33 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:The PG I would currently pursue for this team would be at least 6'0" who is 25 or younger, can hit 3s at a good clip, keeps the ball moving, and can effectively make a post entry pass. I don't think there are many PGs like that easily available, unfortunately. In my opinion, in order to get this type of player AND a young center (most likely separately) who can defend, we can utilize Monroe, MCW, Henson, cap space, and our 2016 & 2017 picks.

I am interested in some of the names I've seen mentioned. Avery Bradley. Dellavedova.

I have yet to watch any of Buddy Hield. I've been completely focused on the NBA. How would Hield do defending NBA PGs?

Jrue Holiday fits this description though I don't know if I want to trade so much to get him.

Also, Brandon Knight? Come on people. We're better than this.

Just say no to undersized SG's who dominate the ball like they're PG's but still shoot as much as SG's while getting paid max money.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#179 » by DutchManDanFan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:33 pm

We need a back-up pg for 10-15 minutes and a starting sg who can defend the 1. We have Ennis and Vaughn now. Can Vaughn become the 3&D starter and can Ennis improve enough to be the back-up pg? MCW can be helpfull for defense only, if he can guard Curry, Westbrook, Irving, Wall and CP3 (to name a few).
Starters:
Giannis
Vaughn or MCW (depends on opponent)
Middleton
Jabari
Monroe/Henson/Plumlee (whoever is still around.).

Bench:
Ennis + MCW
? + ?
Inglis + ?
? + ?
Other C's

In this case we need 2 sg's, 1 sf and 2 pf's. All to improve the bench. Dudley should be one. Who else?
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:Giannis has no 1 on 1 perimeter moves, no post moves, no ball handling, limited passing, inconsistent 3 point shot, no mid range shot. He's a product of the system and will never win a title as the 1st option scorer.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,546

Post#180 » by Frank Nova » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Just because we can run the offense through Giannis doesn't make him a PG. He can't guard the position on defense and he doesn't space the floor off the ball. My eggs are still all in Cj McCollums basket, he's perfect for our roster makeup in the starting lineup. Hell, any equivalent or player alike. Shunning away the idea of a PG now because of Giannis is just silly imo. Maybe it's Vaughn, maybe it's Jackson/Baldwin/Hield/Allen or maybe it's Ricky Rubio/Jrue Holiday or God willing Cj McCollum, it's not Giannis though. We need a more natural fit is basically all I'm trying to say.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks