PG Thread (OKC) - Not sure if Giannis or Oscar Robertson

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Re: PG Thread (OKC) - Not sure if Giannis or Oscar Robertson 

Post#81 » by breakchains » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:20 am

VooDoo7 wrote:Image

So nice to see "Own The Future" on this image, as opposed to in a tweet regarding trading a 1st round pick for Greivis Vasquez or Zaza's double double.
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,185

Post#82 » by AntetokounmBros » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:22 am

I skimmed through and didn't see any answer to this, but did they replace Eric Jensen? Just temporary? I'm not a fan of the PA guy they had today.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#83 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:22 am

breakchains wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Image

So nice to see "Own The Future" on this image, as opposed to in a tweet regarding trading a 1st round pick for Greivis Vasquez or Zaza's double double.

Their caption on Facebook/Twitter was 'The New Big Three'.

Bayless is probably pissed.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#84 » by Prez » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:27 am

Yeah idk who that PA guy was, sounds a lot like the Spurs guy. Hope it's just temporary.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#85 » by crkone » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:37 am

I've already answered this but Jensen's gone for his annual Bob and Brian trip to Cancun.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#86 » by Prince12 » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:45 am

Milbuck wrote:Yeah idk who that PA guy was, sounds a lot like the Spurs guy. Hope it's just temporary.

Yeah the guy tonight was no were near as good. And im pretty sure to nervous to attempt saying Antetokounmpo. :D
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by Prez » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:45 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHCY_KVA-fU[/youtube]
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#88 » by Jez2983 » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:45 am

blazza18 wrote:
Milbuck wrote:Giannis is the big story, but I think it's pretty f'n awesome that Jabari had a casual 26/5/4. This is the type of line we'd be losing our **** over earlier in the year and he just did it against OKC and was one of the two guys that pulled us back into the game and it's not even being talked about much.

Love to see him find a way to the line more, but yea he's doing everything we hoped he'd be right now.

I was thinking the same thing. He's still getting around/through a lot of defenders, possibly too well? In time...

Also, this:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHCY_KVA-fU[/youtube]
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#89 » by bizarro » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:46 am

MadBlueEdwards wrote:
bizarro wrote:And, it couldn't be happening to a nicer young man.

How old are you?

Not sure what this has to do with anything but 38.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#90 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:59 am

I really think they told MCW they aren't going to be playing him much so he can tend to an "injury" or ride the pine. Looks better for both to shut him down.

Also, this is as perfect a loss as you'll see, save for Monroe actually putting in some sort of effort. Happy trails Moose.
Do it for Chuck
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#91 » by H2tObes » Mon Mar 7, 2016 3:03 am

So mad I missed this one.

These past few weeks have been unreal. Too good to be true
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#92 » by MadBlueEdwards » Mon Mar 7, 2016 3:03 am

bizarro wrote:
MadBlueEdwards wrote:

How old are you?

Just jokes. It sounded like something a grandmother would say about one of her grandson's well-mannered friends who just got a promotion.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#93 » by trwi7 » Mon Mar 7, 2016 3:05 am

bizarro wrote:
MadBlueEdwards wrote:

How old are you?

Geezer
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by Prez » Mon Mar 7, 2016 3:09 am

I think it's hilarious how salty that Bulls mod is about Giannis in RS' thread in the GB. Absolutely KILLS him knowing that Giannis is on his way to superstardom. Same dude that posted gems like these last year:
giannis is never going sniff an all star game if I had to guess. I would take butler and mirotic over giannis and Parker easily.

I really don't think it's that ridiculous. I would take mirotic now and at their respective primes. giannis is hopeless if you make him shoot.
I don't ever really see him anything more than a versatile role player.....he is not on the level of prospect that mirotic is......giannis is just way underdeveloped and I don't think he's going to put it together enough to be an all star in the nba.

Pretty funny how Giannis now sh*ts on Mirotic at pretty much every facet of basketball outside of shooting, and even then Mirotic is shooting a blistering 38% this season lmao
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#95 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Mar 7, 2016 3:14 am

VooDoo7 wrote:I hate to beat a dead horse, but Kidd's handling of minutes was whack once again.

The guys were dragging down the stretch, and it showed. Playing them for such long stretches with no rest is insane.

Last game Jabari played 34 of 36 minutes thru the first 3 quarters. Today, Giannis played the entire 2nd half!!! No rest, at all. That is just pure stupidity. Great, he got the trip-dub, but there's no excuse for this crap.

Can't wait to watch him play 42+ minutes tomorrow night.

I agree with you, but the bench is hot garbage soup so tired starters at the end is still preferable to more Jerryd Bayless.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#96 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 7, 2016 3:17 am

Milbuck wrote:I think it's hilarious how salty that Bulls mod is about Giannis in RS' thread in the GB. Absolutely KILLS him knowing that Giannis is on his way to superstardom. Same dude that posted gems like these last year:
giannis is never going sniff an all star game if I had to guess. I would take butler and mirotic over giannis and Parker easily.

I really don't think it's that ridiculous. I would take mirotic now and at their respective primes. giannis is hopeless if you make him shoot.
I don't ever really see him anything more than a versatile role player.....he is not on the level of prospect that mirotic is......giannis is just way underdeveloped and I don't think he's going to put it together enough to be an all star in the nba.

Pretty funny how Giannis now sh*ts on Mirotic at pretty much every facet of basketball outside of shooting, and even then Mirotic is shooting a blistering 38% this season lmao

Butler and Mirotic over Parker and Giannis? LOL...too funny. I could see if they said Butler and Mirotic over Henson and one of Parker or Giannis. Mirotic is trash.
ZeppelinPage
Head Coach
And1: 3,326

Post#97 » by ZeppelinPage » Mon Mar 7, 2016 3:19 am

Milbuck wrote:I think it's hilarious how salty that Bulls mod is about Giannis in RS' thread in the GB. Absolutely KILLS him knowing that Giannis is on his way to superstardom. Same dude that posted gems like these last year:

Yeah, the homer in him was strong last year. And I made sure to remember him for when Giannis ended up breaking out.

alucryts wrote:I just don't project Giannis to amount to anything at all other than a super role player off the bench.

alucryts wrote:TL:DR: Mirotic is a significantly better scorer, and he is significantly more likely to build on his volume and efficieny than Giannis. I can pretty confidently predict Mirotic will not shoot below 30% from three for very long; you have no idea what you are getting from Giannis, and he has to develop a real and tangible NBA skill set from ground up. That is why I take Mirotic now, and in the future.

alucryts wrote:What part of giannis makes him any better of a prospect than mirotic? His youth and athleticism are all he has....just like 100 prospects before him. When has anyone come in to the nba as raw as he is and become what some say is part of the bucks two all stars of the future? I don't see it at all...
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#98 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 7, 2016 3:26 am

I really didn't see Giannis being this good. I still think he needs to develop an outside shot to become what the Bucks need. When I watched him, Giannis looked like he was uncoordinated and way too indecisive but I think it was because he was just so raw. So glad to see him and Parker coming into their own.

If the Bucks can somehow lose most of the remaining 18 games and get a good draft pick or get super lucky in the lotto I really think this team can contend for the East next year.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#99 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 7, 2016 3:32 am

Profound23 wrote:I really didn't see Giannis being this good. I still think he needs to develop an outside shot to become what the Bucks need. When I watched him, Giannis looked like he was uncoordinated and way too indecisive but I think it was because he was just so raw. So glad to see him and Parker coming into their own.

If the Bucks can somehow lose most of the remaining 18 games and get a good draft pick or get super lucky in the lotto I really think this team can contend for the East next year.

I don't see the Bucks losing to many teams if Giannis, Parker and Mids continue to play this well.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#100 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 7, 2016 3:34 am

Jensen is gone for a week. He's the producer of Bob and Brian and they are in Mexico broadcasting for a week.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks