ImageImage

PG Thread (Nets) - Giannis triple double again. Jabari 20+ again. Yawn.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Willie Colon
Starter
And1: 1,149

Re: PG Thread (Nets) - Giannis triple double again. Jabari 20+ again. Yawn. 

Post#281 » by Willie Colon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:53 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:What's the point of this? Everyone loved the high upside pick, and every single regular poster here has been wrong about a lot of prospects, guaranteed. I liked Jennings at first but I turned on him very early because I thought he was dumb and soft, something that you can't tell with a high school player who spent a year on the bench overseas before being drafted. When I first turned on him people thought I was crazy because he was still regarded as a possible future superstar. I saw some things I was absolutely convinced would prevent him from living up to those expectations and I said so. I wasn't trying to be contrarian, just didn't see it the same as most people did and it's the same with Parker. I don't see why that bothers some people so much, and regardless of whether it turns out to true like it was with Jennings, a lot of people are just making asses of themselves over it for no reason, just like they did then. You disagree about Parker? Then say so, give your reasons, and see what happens. Christ.

Still have no idea why you would go to so much trouble to look up my pre-draft opinion of Jennings when that has nothing to do with the point I was making. That's just sad.

First of all, Jennings was never as talented as Parker on any level. Weak comparison. The Bogut trade wasn't even a good one so I don't understand why you're bringing that up.

You're not a special snowflake. Many were concerned over Jennings especially during his second year, and his flaws were much larger than Jabari's. Funny that you're questioning Parker's conditioning on the second night of a back to back (played 39 min the night before) and yet he still scored 23 rather effortlessly. This shouldn't even be used against him. He spent the entire off-season rehabbing his knee for crying out loud. Any rational person would assume that his conditioning wouldn't be optimal considering the circumstances. I agree that he sometimes seems clueless on defense, but it has nothing to do with his fitness level. Guess you're running out of criticisms to cling to.

First it was all about his weight and lack of athleticism. Turns out he's explosive as all hell and has a flat stomach. Can't call him fat anymore so the criticism shifted towards his jumpshot because all he could do was dunk. Once he displayed a beautiful jumper, it became all about his 3 point shooting, which he was being coached to avoid in the first place. A few crazies claimed that he was a bad fit with Giannis (sup supreme); LOL at them. "But he can't score 20 PPGZ like Wiggins". The shackles came off and he's been scoring efficiently from all over the court. I'm sure the usual suspects will always find something to criticize but they're grasping at seaweed at this point.
We have Giannis Antetokounmpo and you don't. :naaa:
KingWing
Junior
And1: 168

Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Nets) - Giannis triple double again. Jabari 20+ again. Yawn. 

Post#282 » by KingWing » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:45 am

Bernman wrote:
KingWing wrote:To play devil's advocate, should Hammond be getting more credit for putting together arguably the best young trio in the league?

From what was reported, he had his sites set on Giannis the whole way and got him in the middle of the first round.

He absolutely stole Middleton, plus Knight as well.

He avoided a landmine in Embiid, who many of us still wanted at the time, and got Parker, who he also seemed to be targeting the whole way.

Of course there's two sides to the same coin - player acquisition and player development. Kidd has been getting some credit for the latter and it might be time to give ol Bone some credit for the former.

Absolutely, what Hammond did in just a year-plus that correlates with when team ownership was in flux, so he actually could get his job done without immense meddling, speaks volumes to his eye for talent and strategical abilities. Morway might deserve an assist in getting the Knight-Middleton for a rfa Jennings deal done, as Hammond isn't known to be a good salesman. But he might not have needed to be due to his past relationships there. You didn't mention the Dudley/1st for Raduljica/Delfino deal either. That was only shortly after Kidd arrived and getting the 1st rather than a tangible player doesn't have his fingerprints on it. He'd take the fringe player, whereas if Hamway were still in charge in that Knight/MCW trade you figure they do get the Lakers' pick instead.

But Hammond deserves credit for acquiring Parker in the sense they earned the pick 1st. Parker was pretty much a no brainer afterward, and the pick was technically and very publicly made by L+E after being briefed by Hammond and scouts. Embiid post two scary injuries was only a consideration for radicals.

I remember when one of the posters here met Hammond in person, he said he asked Hammond about the Dudley/1st trade. Bone perked up and said that's exactly the kind of trade they've been looking to make.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#283 » by Prince12 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:40 am

Avoiding Embiid, despite what Jabari went through last year could prove to be a franchise changing decision. Im still super excited because of Giannis but to a much, much lesser degree if Jabari is not here and our number 2 pick has yet to suit up.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#284 » by imithanos » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Milbuck wrote:Image

I came late to the party and I haven't even read the whole topic, but let me just say this: wait until next year when you'll turn the page and see Jabari's photo there. :D :wink:
No hay banda.
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#285 » by imithanos » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:41 pm

As much as we don't like the GM Kidd and partially the coach Kidd with his strange rotations, we have to respect Kidd as a player developer. We were all wondering why in Minny their young stars have the green light to shoot and here not, but at the end making them play for the team and being accountable for their mistakes finally pays off.
Maybe he was on a panic mode with the benching of MCW, Giannis and Jabari or a way to wake his players :dontknow: early this season, but for I won't forget two things from last season. Khris and Giannis'(2x) benching. Khris at the beginning, cause he was not playing defense. Giannis 2 times, one for discipline reason(training incident) and the other when Giannis had in one game at the halftime something like double figures in points, ~8 rebs and 7-8 assists. When he entered the 3rd Q he was a stat chaser and was looking awkwardly for an assist instead of scoring. I think Kidd benched him after 7-8' and didn't see the floor again that night. Respect, that was a good lesson! And you see JK now "helping" Giannis get his TD. I think it was the game against Minnesota and either his first or second TD that JK let Giannis stay on the floor and play with the reserves at garbage time only for him to get his TD.

As for MCW I am fine as long as he is a bench player and doesnt coexist with Giannis at the same time. He is a good in driving to the basket and if he is surrounded with 2-3 shooters eg Vaughn, Bayless, KM, Teletovic, Crabbe I think he can still contribute and raise his (equal to zero now) value. So I wouldn't mind keeping him in a role like the one he had in December, coming of the bench, but with less PT.

As for the playoffs? I would love to face the Cavs for both playing against the Playoffs-Lebron and scaring them, if we manage to win one of the 2 first games. :devil: But I choose otherwise. It's probably our last chance for a lottery pick (with the FO we have,it's more likely to trade our future #1 picks, than getting one) and Giannis will need as much time as he can get in order to rest and start sooner his individual training, cause it will be a surprise not to be in Greece in the middle of June preparing for the pre-olympics.
No hay banda.
pe_it72
Senior
And1: 83

Post#286 » by pe_it72 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:06 pm

imithanos wrote:As much as we don't like the GM Kidd and partially the coach Kidd with his strange rotations, we have to respect Kidd as a player developer. We were all wondering why in Minny their young stars have the green light to shoot and here not, but at the end making them play for the team and being accountable for their mistakes finally pays off.
Maybe he was on a panic mode with the benching of MCW, Giannis and Jabari or a way to wake his players :dontknow: early this season, but for I won't forget two things from last season. Khris and Giannis'(2x) benching. Khris at the beginning, cause he was not playing defense. Giannis 2 times, one for discipline reason(training incident) and the other when Giannis had in one game at the halftime something like double figures in points, ~8 rebs and 7-8 assists. When he entered the 3rd Q he was a stat chaser and was looking awkwardly for an assist instead of scoring. I think Kidd benched him after 7-8' and didn't see the floor again that night. Respect, that was a good lesson! And you see JK now "helping" Giannis get his TD. I think it was the game against Minnesota and either his first or second TD that JK let Giannis stay on the floor and play with the reserves at garbage time only for him to get his TD.

As for MCW I am fine as long as he is a bench player and doesnt coexist with Giannis at the same time. He is a good in driving to the basket and if he is surrounded with 2-3 shooters eg Vaughn, Bayless, KM, Teletovic, Crabbe I think he can still contribute and raise his (equal to zero now) value. So I wouldn't mind keeping him in a role like the one he had in December, coming of the bench, but with less PT.

As for the playoffs? I would love to face the Cavs for both playing against the Playoffs-Lebron and scaring them, if we manage to win one of the 2 first games. :devil: But I choose otherwise. It's probably our last chance for a lottery pick (with the FO we have,it's more likely to trade our future #1 picks, than getting one) and Giannis will need as much time as he can get in order to rest and start sooner his individual training, cause it will be a surprise not to be in Greece in the middle of June preparing for the pre-olympics.

This is exactly how I feel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Post#287 » by HKPackFan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:16 am

GD did a Giannis highlight video as well:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RV4ZkGB8_c[/youtube]

They show the Shane Larkin play like 45 times. It's fantastic. :nod:
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks