ImageImage

Which vet would you be willing to trade the #10 pick for?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Re: Which vet would you be willing to trade the #10 pick for? 

Post#121 » by Prez » Sun May 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Sorry if it's off-base, one of your posters came to our board awhile ago talking about Middleton..

If Monroe/10 could get you Marc Gasol, I'd say it's worth it. He projects to age fairly well..

I'd do that pretty easily but Memphis wouldn't. All assuming he's fine physically.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#122 » by xTitan » Sun May 22, 2016 8:18 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Sorry if it's off-base, one of your posters came to our board awhile ago talking about Middleton..

If Monroe/10 could get you Marc Gasol, I'd say it's worth it. He projects to age fairly well..

Not sure Randolphs status but Monroe is a worse version of Randolph
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#123 » by raferfenix » Sun May 22, 2016 10:19 pm

If the Grizzlies blow it up who will chase Gasol the hardest?

Bet the Celtics would be in that game, though with the foot injury I'm not sure how much teams will be offering.

Also Randolph and Tony Allen would presumably be on the way out as well if they are going young.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,256

Post#124 » by Finn » Mon May 23, 2016 12:23 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Bradley/Olynyk/16/23 for Middleton/10 might have legs.

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,851

Post#125 » by paulpressey25 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:27 am

raferfenix wrote:If the Grizzlies blow it up who will chase Gasol the hardest?

Bet the Celtics would be in that game, though with the foot injury I'm not sure how much teams will be offering.

Also Randolph and Tony Allen would presumably be on the way out as well if they are going young.

Yep. Celtics have the assets to go get Gasol. We really don't.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#126 » by raferfenix » Mon May 23, 2016 12:53 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Yep. Celtics have the assets to go get Gasol. We really don't.

Agreed -- but I could see us facilitating a deal where we end up with Avery Bradley for #10 let's say.

Memphis won't want role players and Boson won't want to trade #3 or the Brooklyn pick if they can avoid it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,434

Post#127 » by emunney » Mon May 23, 2016 1:05 am

I think we have the assets to get an injured Gasol without giving up any of the core, but we'd really have to dig into our future picks to do it. Much as I love the idea of adding Gasol (I would also make them add Tony Allen), that feels like the kind of move that would leave us without the ammo/flexibility we'd need to get over the top if we got close. If we could get him for just the ten and Monroe: **** yes.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,618

Post#128 » by BroncoBuck » Mon May 23, 2016 2:47 am

Even in a down draft, I would not give up the #10 pick for Avery Bradley. I'd rather draft Valenine, Luwawu, Baldwin or Jackson instead. Right now, Baldwin is the guy that really leaps off the board for me. The size, defense, passing and shooting are all there.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#129 » by HurricaneKid » Mon May 23, 2016 7:55 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Can we fleece Larry Bird of something?

This season didn’t go wrong because of Frank Vogel. It didn’t go wrong at all, but it wasn’t great for the same reason Vogel is out of a job: because Larry Bird runs his franchise straight out of the mid-1980s.

Back then, see, Red Auerbach didn’t seek input from players. Not even from a player as good as Larry Bird.

“He didn’t want my opinion on anything,” Bird said Thursday.

Bird remembered that as he was putting his 2015-16 roster together, deciding small forward Paul George would move to power forward in an up-tempo attack. Bird never sought George’s input on that decision. Just made it on his own, even with George coming off a gruesomely broken leg.

“I don’t like to bother my players,” Bird said. “When I played, I didn’t want the front office bothering me.”

Pity he never bothered Paul George, because maybe Bird would have learned George didn’t want to switch positions, would basically refuse to do it. Forced to return George to the wing and start the even smaller C.J. Miles at power forward, Vogel eventually had no choice but to return to a traditional, two-big lineup – despite a roster put together by Bird to play smaller. That left Vogel starting two non-starters, Mahinmi and Allen, in the frontcourt until Turner developed.

And still this team won 47 games.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2016/05/05/doyel-frank-vogel-falls-victim-larry-birds-warped-thinking/83978554/

I'm not sure Bird's really wrong here. I read that as Vogel not having the respect and trust of his best player.

Bird is 100% wrong here. It might have been an ideal way to optimize talent back in the day but there is no question the players run the game now. Demanding that your best player take a beating and possibly even shorten his career so you can play your brand of basketball just doesn't work anymore. If a coach puts his best player in what they believe are poor positions they demand a trade and the coach is fired. To be this out of touch is pretty striking.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,759

Post#130 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 23, 2016 7:57 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I'm not sure Bird's really wrong here. I read that as Vogel not having the respect and trust of his best player.

Bird is 100% wrong here. It might have been an ideal way to optimize talent back in the day but there is no question the players run the game now. Demanding that your best player take a beating and possibly even shorten his career so you can play your brand of basketball just doesn't work anymore. If a coach puts his best player in what they believe are poor positions they demand a trade and the coach is fired. To be this out of touch is pretty striking.

Yea, I'm still not coming down on this side. If a Vogel and Bird think George at the four is best for the team, that's where he should be playing.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#131 » by HurricaneKid » Mon May 23, 2016 9:11 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Yea, I'm still not coming down on this side. If a Vogel and Bird think George at the four is best for the team, that's where he should be playing.

Should? Ok. I'm ok with that.

I also think its beyond obvious in today's game that telling players what to do when its not also in THEIR best interests simply doesn't take. Sometimes it is telling Dwight he doesn't get to post. Which should be obvious. But sometimes its something that can impact a players career. And taking that much more banging could do that to a guy coming off a major injury.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,377

Post#132 » by Ron Swanson » Mon May 23, 2016 9:15 pm

I don't know why they'd want to play PG at the 4 anyways. He's built like a prototypical 2/3. He's an elite perimeter defender and you want to take him further away from the ball? I think George was just opposed to it because it doesn't really make any sense. You want the ball in his hands.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 23, 2016 9:23 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I don't know why they'd want to play PG at the 4 anyways. He's built like a prototypical 2/3. He's an elite perimeter defender and you want to take him further away from the ball? I think George was just opposed to it because it doesn't really make any sense. You want the ball in his hands.

He's 6'10" with a strong frame. He looks every bit of what you want in a modern NBA PF in my opinion.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#134 » by bdpecore » Wed May 25, 2016 6:58 pm

raferfenix wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Yep. Celtics have the assets to go get Gasol. We really don't.

Agreed -- but I could see us facilitating a deal where we end up with Avery Bradley for #10 let's say.

Memphis won't want role players and Boson won't want to trade #3 or the Brooklyn pick if they can avoid it.

I think we could also send MCW to Memphis as Conley's replacement, in this 3 team scenario, and have the Celtics send us #23 in exchange.

BOS Out: #3, #23, Bradley, Johnson and 2018 Nets pick
BOS In: Gasol

MIL Out: #10 and MCW
MIL In: Bradley and #23

MEM Out: Gasol
MEM In: #3, #10, Johnson, MCW and 2018 Nets Pick
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,377

Post#135 » by Ron Swanson » Wed May 25, 2016 7:19 pm

I've moved on from Bradley. He's only on his "bargain" contract for two more seasons and even at his peak he's nothing extraordinary. He's a solid starter that gives you elite perimeter defense and passable 3-pt shooting on decent volume. That's not a guy I give up the 10th overall pick for.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#136 » by Prince12 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:32 pm

I don't want to trade out pick for Bradley, that move wouldn't excite me at all.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#137 » by H2tObes » Wed May 25, 2016 7:35 pm

Bradley just got 1st team all defense, I trade #10 for him and throw a damn parade. We can only dream of getting a 1st team all defense player with our pick this year. Celtics probably ask for more anyway though.

I think we make ECF next year with Bradley and an upgraded bench, no?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#138 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 25, 2016 7:39 pm

H2tObes wrote:Bradley just got 1st team all defense, I trade #10 for him and throw a damn parade. We can only dream of getting a 1st team all defense player with our pick this year. Celtics probably ask for more anyway though.

No.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#139 » by H2tObes » Wed May 25, 2016 7:41 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Bradley just got 1st team all defense, I trade #10 for him and throw a damn parade. We can only dream of getting a 1st team all defense player with our pick this year. Celtics probably ask for more anyway though.

No.

really swayed my opinion, nice job
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#140 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 25, 2016 7:42 pm

H2tObes wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

No.

really swayed my opinion, nice job

I mean, you asked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to Milwaukee Bucks