ImageImage

Which vet would you be willing to trade the #10 pick for?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Re: Which vet would you be willing to trade the #10 pick for? 

Post#161 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:04 am

Going to roll one out on the table here that I'm not advocating but thinking about given OKC has to come up with some way to counter GSW next season.

MCW/MONROE/10 for Kanter/Cam Payne

Personally I think OKC bites on that because of putting pick ten in the deal.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#162 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:13 am

I'm a no go on that deal. I don't know how good Cam Payne is yet but I don't think he'll be better than 10 + MCW. Monroe & Kanter is pretty close to a wash I guess.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#163 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:15 am

Trade Kanter to Portland for nothing and I'd do that.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#164 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:16 am

Thats a lot of faith in Cam Payne.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#165 » by raferfenix » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:17 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Going to roll one out on the table here that I'm not advocating but thinking about given OKC has to come up with some way to counter GSW next season.

MCW/MONROE/10 for Kanter/Cam Payne

Personally I think OKC bites on that because of putting pick ten in the deal.

10 + MCW for Payne might be a different story than the Bucks choosing to run with a maxed out Kanter.

It would be perfect for OKC insofar as setting them up to keep Ibaka after Monroe expires.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#166 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:19 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Thats a lot of faith in Cam Payne.

I mean I'd surely have him top 10 in this draft and if all it cost was MCW to solidify that? Easy choice.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#167 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:22 am

I mean I enjoyed his dancing as much as anybody. Guess I just wasn't as locked in to the fifteen games he played over fifteen minutes.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#168 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:26 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:I mean I enjoyed his dancing as much as anybody. Guess I just wasn't as locked in to the fifteen games he played over fifteen minutes.

I'd have him top 10 based on the same parameters we'd be drafting someone at 10 because of, his college plays and tools. The fact that he at least showed the potential of an actual NBA player, to whatever extent, is icing.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#169 » by bizarro » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:26 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:I mean I enjoyed his dancing as much as anybody. Guess I just wasn't as locked in to the fifteen games he played over fifteen minutes.

I tend to sit right here with you, Chuck. I mean, how did he not even get a sniff of playing time in the Playoffs w/ Randy Foye colossally stinking up the joint? Was this just blatant veteran preferential treatment? It seems to me a pretty poor return unless there is something coming back for Kanter - whose value is actually much higher than it has ever been imho. In the couple games I saw Payne play, he was inaccurate from outside, was a decent ball-handler, but he didn't do anything that 'wowed' me. And, again, I just don't see a sample size large enough to make any type of informed decision. He didn't even have a SL.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#170 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:31 am

I'd pass on that trade. That's a lot to give up for Payne. I don't want Kanter for 3 years either. Payne is a good prospect but I wouldn't give up more than #10 for him. I know others here absolutely love Payne so they would probably do that.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#171 » by bizarro » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:42 am

BucksFanSD wrote:I'd pass on that trade. That's a lot to give up for Payne. I don't want Kanter for 3 years either. Payne is a good prospect but I wouldn't give up more than #10 for him. I know others here absolutely love Payne so they would probably do that.

There is definitely a Cameron Payne hype train. And, I get it - to a certain extent. He had an amazingly productive freshman season at Murray State. He has decent prototypical PG size and he's a lefty. He plays with a smoothness. However, I'm of the belief now more than ever: shooting, shooting, shooting. If a prospect doesn't have the indicators to be an assassin - particularly, considering it is our weakest trait as a basketball team - I am unable to validate taking the risk. Payne has never shot above 37% from deep and has actually regressed the further back he has moved - or, in the case of his sophomore season, the more pressure he receives as the known commodity.

This is precisely why I am infinitely more in favor of drafting Korkmaz or Baldwin at #10 and pairing them w/ Giannis and Midds as the primary distributors. And, I understand we have differing opinions on our board.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#172 » by breakchains » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:53 am

Leave Kanter/Monroe out of it and include McGary.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#173 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:54 am

I don't know whether Cam Payne emerges or doesn't. But he's intriguing.

As for Kanter, not my favorite but he did show a lot more than Monroe IMO.

Just spitballing because I think MCW and Monroe performed well enough against GSW in their two games that you could get a contender to maybe bite on acquiring them.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raws
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#174 » by raws » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:57 am

Going to be honest -- I didn't see enough out of Payne to come away thinking "hey, we should give up our only trade assets for that guy." Admittedly, I didn't watch all of the Thunder games.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,565

Post#175 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Jun 1, 2016 1:57 pm

It really comes down to whether or not you evaluate Payne as a better prospect than anyone we could get at #10. To me, it entirely depends on who's available. Kanter is also a hefty price to take on for your troubles. I'd be much more open to something like:

MCW + #10 for Cam Payne + Mitch McGary. Trade Monroe in a separate deal for a pick + prospect.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#176 » by M-C-G » Wed Jun 1, 2016 2:06 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:

I'd have him top 10 based on the same parameters we'd be drafting someone at 10 because of, his college plays and tools. The fact that he at least showed the potential of an actual NBA player, to whatever extent, is icing.

I'm really worried about his defense. Obviously he was only a rookie, but I recall some on ball defensive metrics posted here and it was not good. I really would prefer a defensive PG at this point.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#177 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jun 1, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm not trading #10 for Cam Payne. Would rather roll the dice on a big man in the draft.

Keep the pick and sign Seth Curry instead.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#178 » by M-C-G » Wed Jun 1, 2016 2:30 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I'm not trading #10 for Cam Payne. Would rather roll the dice on a big man in the draft.

Keep the pick and sign Seth Curry instead.

#sethtogetstephcampaign
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#179 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:35 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Question about Cam Payne (who I'm neutral on). Which other rookies who got as many DNP CD's as he did ( especially late into the season & through three playoff series) went on to big things?

First name that came to mind for me was Goran Dragic. Very similar rookie campaigns. Dragic was a 2nd round pick & the 46-36 Suns didn't make the playoffs.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dragigo01.html
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#180 » by Max Green » Wed Jun 1, 2016 3:37 pm

I'd do #10 for Cam Payne. I'm not sure OKC wants another pick though. Seem like they would be interested in some vet help.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus

Return to Milwaukee Bucks