ImageImage

Which vet would you be willing to trade the #10 pick for?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: Which vet would you be willing to trade the #10 pick for? 

Post#81 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat May 21, 2016 9:06 pm

I'd do #10, Monroe & Henson for Marc Gasol, #17 & JayMychal Green.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#82 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat May 21, 2016 9:07 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I'd do #10, Monroe & Henson for Marc Gasol, #17 & JayMychal Green.

100/100 times. I feel like even with all the questions Gasol pulls them a much better offer.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,970

Post#83 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 21, 2016 9:07 pm

raferfenix wrote:Can we fleece Larry Bird of something?

This season didn’t go wrong because of Frank Vogel. It didn’t go wrong at all, but it wasn’t great for the same reason Vogel is out of a job: because Larry Bird runs his franchise straight out of the mid-1980s.

Back then, see, Red Auerbach didn’t seek input from players. Not even from a player as good as Larry Bird.

“He didn’t want my opinion on anything,” Bird said Thursday.

Bird remembered that as he was putting his 2015-16 roster together, deciding small forward Paul George would move to power forward in an up-tempo attack. Bird never sought George’s input on that decision. Just made it on his own, even with George coming off a gruesomely broken leg.

“I don’t like to bother my players,” Bird said. “When I played, I didn’t want the front office bothering me.”

Pity he never bothered Paul George, because maybe Bird would have learned George didn’t want to switch positions, would basically refuse to do it. Forced to return George to the wing and start the even smaller C.J. Miles at power forward, Vogel eventually had no choice but to return to a traditional, two-big lineup – despite a roster put together by Bird to play smaller. That left Vogel starting two non-starters, Mahinmi and Allen, in the frontcourt until Turner developed.

And still this team won 47 games.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2016/05/05/doyel-frank-vogel-falls-victim-larry-birds-warped-thinking/83978554/

I'm not sure Bird's really wrong here. I read that as Vogel not having the respect and trust of his best player.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#84 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:I'd do #10, Monroe & Henson for Marc Gasol, #17 & JayMychal Green.

100/100 times. I feel like even with all the questions Gasol pulls them a much better offer.

Is the thought here that you could trade Gasol at the deadline for a nice package?
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#85 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat May 21, 2016 9:15 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Is the thought here that you could trade Gasol at the deadline for a nice package?

I think he's saying Memphis could get more for Gasol than this theoretical Bucks offer.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#86 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat May 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Would you guys do #10, Henson & our 2nd rounders for Otto Porter & Marcin Gortat? Or replace Monroe with Henson if they prefer that.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#87 » by freewhitemoon » Sat May 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
freewhitemoon wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
I thought the same thing initially, but then, what has Noel done to prove that he deserves a monster contract extension? I think his market value is currently what MKG got last offseason (4-yrs $52 mil). If you can lock Noel up on a reasonable deal and he blows up now that he's away from that dumpster fire in Philly, I think it could end up a steal.

I think it's a case of being stuck on a terrible roster for so long, that his perceived value is more of an unknown than most 3rd year former top 10 picks. It's a gamble, but I think it could be a worthwhile one.

No way you can get Noel for that cheap. Even festus ezeli is speculated to get a 3 yr $51m offer from the lakers. Noel's younger and a better rim protector

Ezeli isn't getting $17 mil per year.

just watch
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#88 » by breakchains » Sat May 21, 2016 9:30 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Would you guys do #10, Henson & our 2nd rounders for Otto Porter & Marcin Gortat? Or replace Monroe with Henson if they prefer that.

I would not do that at all.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#89 » by VooDoo7 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:35 pm

breakchains wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Would you guys do #10, Henson & our 2nd rounders for Otto Porter & Marcin Gortat? Or replace Monroe with Henson if they prefer that.

I would not do that at all.

Same here. Gortat is 32 and about done IMO. And at 10, I think you can get a similar player, impact-wise, as Porter.

Rather use Henson/2nds to get another pick in the 1st.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#90 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat May 21, 2016 9:36 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Not everyone thinks we have to do nothing for 5 years :dontknow:.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:100/100 times. I feel like even with all the questions Gasol pulls them a much better offer.

He's a decade older than our core, but sure, whatever.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#92 » by VooDoo7 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:40 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

That'd be the only way I do it. That trade makes zero sense to me otherwise.
breakchains
General Manager

Post#93 » by breakchains » Sat May 21, 2016 9:41 pm

Gasol I'd go for but some team would give up far more than that proposed deal above.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,143

Post#94 » by JEIS » Sat May 21, 2016 9:41 pm

emunney wrote:What does it mean for Embiid's health if they'll take the 10 for him.

It could mean they are trying to revamp their team, win now style.. that they are trying to do away with the "mistakes" from the old regime. Having a player that was injured for two years and still getting back value. The new brain trust might not want to deal with the long term risk just based on his potential. If they could get another top ten pick and trade with another team, they could possibly get a seasoned vet that could help them closer to a win now team, or even draft a player at a position that is more of a need. In their eyes He may be more expendable.

It could be worth the risk compared to the other options in the draft at 10.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#95 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat May 21, 2016 9:44 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

And he helps them immensely for four years. Four years we're hoping they develop into superstars. At the expense of a couple bums and moving down a few spots.
breakchains
General Manager

Post#96 » by breakchains » Sat May 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Embiid looks too special and the Sixers have endured the two years of pain in waiting. They aren't moving him for the 10, or anything remotely realistic. Noel and/or Okafor though, I think could be had. In fact I expect at least one of them to be traded.

Maybe Okafor for #3 (Dunn).
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 21, 2016 9:47 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Not everyone thinks we have to do nothing for 5 years :dontknow:.

And he helps them immensely for four years. Four years we're hoping they develop into superstars. At the expense of a couple bums and moving down a few spots.

Helps them immensely how?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#98 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat May 21, 2016 9:54 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

How does a guy who is one of the best passing big men in the league, pick and roll big men in the league, defensive big men in the league and mid range shooting big man in the league help 3 other guys on the court? That's the question being asked?

I'd imagine you ask Kawhi if a 40 year old Tim Duncan helped him develop into the player he is you'd probably get a yes out of him.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#99 » by buckboy » Sat May 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Get a decent point that can shoot and that team has the potential to be very good.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#100 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 21, 2016 10:00 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:And he helps them immensely for four years. Four years we're hoping they develop into superstars. At the expense of a couple bums and moving down a few spots.

How does a guy who is one of the best passing big men in the league, pick and roll big men in the league, defensive big men in the league and mid range shooting big man in the league help 3 other guys on the court? That's the question being asked?

You're really saying the Bucks acquiring a 31 year old center owed an average of $23 million per year for the next four is a good idea? Okay.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks