Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Re: Concerns About Thon Maker's Age 

Post#621 » by Tfence92 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:33 am

JustinCredible wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:So let me sum this up:

You: I have concerns about Thon Maker's age. I wonder if our franchise did their due diligence before making this pick?

Front Office executive for the Bucks: We did a background check, just like we do with everyone entering the organization. He's 19 years old.

You: That does not give me confidence

Just want to make sure I have an accurate picture of where we're at right now.

Google search>professional background check done over years of research.

We must have forgot to do a background check on Yi and Ersan.

Couldn't even get Yi to workout out, wouldn't shock me.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#622 » by JustinCredible » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:41 am

Max Green wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:
Max Green wrote:I find that very hard to believe.

I know you do.

I guess I'm convinced that it is worthy of looking into.

Ray **** Charles can see that you're convinced he's 24 years old. You wouldn't have made a 100+ posts in this thread if you didn't believe so.

:lol: Get pissed Max!

If you haven't noticed there are a handful of people that keep addressing me in their posts (you included). I'm responding to all of you which racks up my post count. For how much you guys hate this thread you sure do a nice job keeping it active.

At this point if I had to guess I'd probably go with 21 yrs old. Oddly the same as AussieBuck.

I think there is a good chance he is 19. I think there is less of a chance he is 23 but still think it is at least a possibility.

That said, I've changed my mind a few times and truly have no idea. I can keep telling you that I don't know and you can keep telling me what I do know though if you want.

Still feel really good about him as a prospect for how little he's been playing basketball. Love the idea of a unicorn center.

This thread has been active enough that it is ranking well on Google. I'm hopeful that someone from Perth will stumble upon it someday and provide some proof of the grades Thon attended at Aranmore Catholic College.

Keep blasting me if you want to keep the thread active.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,282

Post#623 » by xTitan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:56 am

Maker says he is 19, at the end of the day you either take him at his word or you believe he is a liar, with no morals.....and at some point that will become obvious.
dogswithbeesintheirmouths
Head Coach
And1: 1,985

Post#624 » by dogswithbeesintheirmouths » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:56 am

I'm not even going to guess his age. I don't think it really matters right now. The issue is if he hasn't shown anything after two years and it's time to extend his contract then it could affect how much potential you think he has and if it's worth it to keep banking on that potential.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#625 » by mke_design » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:04 am

What if we get one of those bone density scanners from the pursuit of happiness, doesn't it double as a time machine?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#626 » by randy84 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:09 am

mke_design wrote:What if we get one of those bone density scanners from the pursuit of happiness, doesn't it double as a time machine?

If it does, Will Smith should go back and stop himself from doing After Earth.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#627 » by mke_design » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:24 am

randy84 wrote:
mke_design wrote:What if we get one of those bone density scanners from the pursuit of happiness, doesn't it double as a time machine?

If it does, Will Smith should go back and stop himself from doing After Earth.

Hahaha. Yes.

DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,562

Post#628 » by Frank Nova » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:24 am

What do kids from his school in Perth really know at the end of the day? What grade he's in? Clearly none of them seen his birth certificate or know his age. Thon could've been in year 12 at that school as a 14yr old just as easily as any other theory out there. He tells the kids at school "I'm 14". They say "we're in the same grade and we are 18, so you're lying".

According to them Thon is 24 and Matur is 19 based solely on their grade and their rapid growing rate. What does that prove? Matur and Thon have parents who told them how old they are, their guardian moved them to the States to get exposure and quite possibly put them in the age group they actually belonged in.

I'm still not convinced by any means that Thon ever even graduated high school until last year let alone did 9 consecutive years of high school in 3 different 1st world countries, but every theory out there of there being "proof" he's older is so easily dismissible it's really hard to even play devils advocate.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Pop Up Zone
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#629 » by Pop Up Zone » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:29 am

Here in Perth, everyone is stoked for Thon. It's so cool to have a lottery pick who spent a significant part of his upbringing here. However, as I stated several pages ago, I know multiple people who know Thon, and I've been told for years that he's a fair bit older than he claims. Even before he was popping up on youtube mixtapes saying "THON MAKER NEXT KEVIN DURANT!!??"

I can understand everyone in this thread/ the Thon draft thread trying to dispel these rumours and convince themselves that we've got a young gem in this draft pick. I would be doing the exact same thing, so I'm not getting on a high horse here. We as a fan base just need to accept that we've drafted an extremely raw 22/23 year old that has a loooong way to come despite being one of the older players in the draft. However, if it's more comforting for you, keep telling yourself we've got a young Bosh and pray for the best :lol:
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,724

Post#630 » by emunney » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:43 am

Guys what if Thon is Jump Street?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,880

Post#631 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:46 am

Pop Up Zone wrote:I'm not getting on a high horse here.

Pop Up Zone wrote:We as a fan base just need to accept that we've drafted an extremely raw 22/23 year old that has a loooong way to come despite being one of the older players in the draft.

You failed in literally your very next sentence.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#632 » by Frank Nova » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:50 am

Pop Up Zone wrote:Here in Perth, everyone is stoked for Thon. It's so cool to have a lottery pick who spent a significant part of his upbringing here. However, as I stated several pages ago, I know multiple people who know Thon, and I've been told for years that he's a fair bit older than he claims. Even before he was popping up on youtube mixtapes saying "THON MAKER NEXT KEVIN DURANT!!??"

I can understand everyone in this thread/ the Thon draft thread trying to dispel these rumours and convince themselves that we've got a young gem in this draft pick. I would be doing the exact same thing, so I'm not getting on a high horse here. We as a fan base just need to accept that we've drafted an extremely raw 22/23 year old that has a loooong way to come despite being one of the older players in the draft. However, if it's more comforting for you, keep telling yourself we've got a young Bosh and pray for the best :lol:

Thon was telling people at his school he was older than he was claiming or the people that you know that know him are saying he's older? Seems more like here say is the problem. What makes anyone in Perth act like they know his real age?

He went to high school in the United States and Canada and not 1 person that knows him or knows people that know him from those high schools has said 1 word about it. Clearly I'd believe them more if they said "Thon was 24yrs old posing as a senior in high school, it was so obvious. He was so advanced physically and mentally beyond anyone in our school there's no way he was the same age as any of his peers". That's just such a more likely scenario to base a realistic opinion on and that's not happening at all. It's nothing but his peers from Perth Australia claiming he's older because he was in the same grade as kids older than the age he said he was. Like I just said before, there's just as much of a chance he was 14yrs old in year 12 in Perth as he was 24yrs old as a 5th year senior at the Athlete Insitute in Canada.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#633 » by Frank Nova » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:52 am

emunney wrote:Guys what if Thon is Jump Street?

23 Jump Street starring Jonah Hill and Thon Maker?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,724

Re: Re: Concerns About Thon Maker's Age 

Post#634 » by emunney » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:54 am

weezybaby856 wrote:

Thon in HS like

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Re: Re: Concerns About Thon Maker's Age 

Post#635 » by Frank Nova » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:58 am

emunney wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:

Thon in HS like

Thon Buscemi :lol:

Someone should crop Thons face over Steve Carrell on the cover of the 40yr Old Virgin
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#636 » by Max Green » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:02 am

JustinCredible wrote:
Max Green wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:
I know you do.

I guess I'm convinced that it is worthy of looking into.

Ray **** Charles can see that you're convinced he's 24 years old. You wouldn't have made a 100+ posts in this thread if you didn't believe so.

I'm not mad at all, if anything I pity you. You've dug yourself quite the hole, good luck climbing out of it.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#637 » by JustinCredible » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:20 am

Max Green wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:
Max Green wrote:

I'm not mad at all, if anything I pity you. You've dug yourself quite the hole, good luck climbing out of it.

Ok. Couldn't be more clear that I don't know Thon's age and there is some fact checking that needs to be done. You see it as hatred for Thon for some reason because you can't comprehend objective thoughts. I have had nothing but praise of the pick and praise for Thon in the basketball related threads. Keep ignoring that.

Haven't changed my stance that I don't know Thon's age. If that is digging a hole then so be it. Still digging hoping to find something. Don't really care if I ever climb out. Hopefully there is more proof that he is 19. I will rejoice and you will somehow think that it makes me wrong and that I'm in some hole. If he ends up being 23 I'm not right and I won't be happy about it. I'm seeking answers because I don't know. I can keep saying it and you can keep ignoring it.

Your personal attacks have added so much value to the thread. Please continue on your high horse looking down on me in this deep hole.

I don't know what grades Thon attended at Aranmore Catholic College. Please enlighten me Max. That is all I am trying to figure out. Throw me a rope down here!
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#638 » by trwi7 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:21 am

Max Green wrote:You've dug yourself quite the hole, good luck climbing out of it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97zJxKEqAk[/youtube]
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,762

Post#639 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:24 am

Perth is like the Mississippi of Australia.

Did I mention I've never been to either Perth or Mississippi?
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#640 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:27 am

Max Green wrote:I'm not mad at all, if anything I pity you. You've dug yourself quite the hole, good luck climbing out of it.

Why would he, or anyone interested in the answer, have to climb out of a hole? It's a legitimate issue that certainly gave enough organizations a pause and troubled them enough to bump Thon down their lists, reportedly. A simple thread got a lot of panties in a twist. I think our organization knows he's older, but as they've said, they're comfortable with what they found and taking Thon established that. They know he's in an age range they can work with, whatever that ultimately is. Discussing the interesting angle that's been on the net about this guy for a few years is not building 7 stuff. It's funny to joke about that angle, but I think people are conflating the premise with crazier stuff.
Go Bucks!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks