ImageImage

Giannis and the Greek National Team against Serbia Tuesday 20.15 CET = 14.15 EST

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

turbostef
Senior
And1: 213

Giannis and the Greek National Team against Serbia Tuesday 20.15 CET = 14.15 EST 

Post#1 » by turbostef » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:14 pm

OK Gentlemen. A lot of Users wanted a separate thread so here we go.

The Greek NT played 2 friendlies against Turkey and won both of them.
First last Thursday and then last sunday.

The first win was a blow out in Athens (78:52) the second in Istanbul was closer with the gap being 5 points (75:70).
Greece closed out the game at the last 2 min with Giannis being a major piece of it on both ends.

Serbia played 2 friendlies against France and won both. First away (79:77) and second at home 94:88.

Of course France is a much better opponent than Turkey so Serbia seems to be "on track" while Greece can consider the first
win against Turkey as a better warm up or training game.

The Greek Coach has announced that he is not 100% sure about the final roster of Greece so he is still making a lot of changes
during the games (which is obvious).

Under this circumstances I am quite sure that Greece will not win in Belgrade.

The Greeks will have an addition in Stratos Perperoglou who was involved in the spanish League Finals before some days
(he plays for Barcelona) and therefor got some extra days of.

One of Greek main Guards (Kostas Sloukas) has not played until now as he is still injured. The coach will wait for him
until the last second as he is crucial for the Greek NT.

Until now Giannis played Point Forward in offense and a lot of minutes. In defense he has been guarding mainly the opponent
SG and PG.

I did not really like this as Greece has encountered big rebounding problems and Giannis being so far away from the rim does not really help.

In offense Nick Calathes is not a good fit with Giannis as Calathes needs the ball in his hands to create.

You can easily see that if there is no obvious possibilty for a fast break the first pass after a rebound always goes to Calathes.

If a fast break is possible than the first pass goes to Giannis.

In half court Giannis is stuck in the corners too much. Yesterday we saw some nice alley-oops from Nick to Giannis though.

I would prefer that Nicks runs the second unit and Giannis pairs with Sloukas (a much better shooter than Calathes).

The serbian teams always have a very high BB IQ so they will foul Giannis in transition all the time. At least they would do so
in a tournament. We will see how serious they will take this game.

The penulitmate friendly between Greece and Serbia in 2010 this happend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82D7i_YRiME

Shortsianitis (some may know him as baby shaq) was chasing Kristic after the later beat him in the back several times and
afterwards Kristic hit Bourousis with a chair. Bourousis was not directly involved and just wanted to separate the opponents.

Funny thing is that most of the guys on both sides of the court where team mates either at Olympiacos Pireaus or Panathinaikos.

Then for 4 years there have been no friendlies after this :lol: But in 2014 we played them before the World Cup and won but then lost with a big difference in the Top 16.

So there is some tension around this game.

The Serbian team has been rumored to have some internal beef. The Coach publicly accused some players of bad behaviour.

Against France there was a small brawl again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0C9xKP410

Nuggets Jokic and Ajinca from the Pelicans involved.
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Re: Giannis and the Greek National Team against Serbia Tuesday 20.15 CET = 14.15 EST 

Post#2 » by 4xBuck » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:26 pm

That's what I'm talking about... I'm going with this thread because it has the date and is setup like a normal game day thread.

Giannis = Godzilla ... Serbia = Tokyo
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Re: Giannis and the Greek National Team against Serbia Tuesday 20.15 CET = 14.15 EST 

Post#3 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:31 pm

so what day/time US and a link to where we can watch it legally?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
turbostef
Senior

Post#4 » by turbostef » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:55 pm

Badgerlander wrote:so what day/time US and a link to where we can watch it legally?

The game will be Tuesday June 28th (tomorrow) at 2.15pm (or 14.15) Eastern Time

Or 20.15 Central European Time

About the Links. The Greek National TV will broadcast (ERT Television --> ERT 1, 2 or 3)

Google "ERT Web TV"

http://webtv.ert.gr/ert1/

Works only with Greek IP though
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#5 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:09 pm

4xBuck wrote:That's what I'm talking about... I'm going with this thread because it has the date and is setup like a normal game day thread.

Giannis = Godzilla ... Serbia = Tokyo

Imagine if this game wasn't a friendly lol....

:lol: :lol:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
turbostef
Senior

Post#6 » by turbostef » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:46 pm

Belinelli injured but will play in the tournament.
Hacket also injured.

May be we can qualify unexpectedly :D

We deserve some Luck After all these years of pain

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
Remon
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#7 » by Remon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:38 pm

I think you're wrong about Calathes and Giannis. They are both excellent cutters, they can both play the p&r and they're both excellent passers with great court vision, which means they can play a lot with each other. The only problem is that neither can shoot dependably the 3.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#8 » by 4xBuck » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:39 pm

I'll be able to watch the 2nd half- :clap:
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#9 » by greekbuck34 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:03 pm

Serbia had a soldout for tonight's game in less than 40 mins.. :o
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
GeoBar
Sophomore

Post#10 » by GeoBar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:09 pm

This game is not on Greek TV.
Legal streams where you can possible watch it:

http://www.jagledam.co/RTS-2-uzivo-stream

http://www.rts.rs/page/tv/ci/live.html
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#11 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:15 pm

How long until the game?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
GeoBar
Sophomore

Post#12 » by GeoBar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:17 pm

AussieBuck wrote:How long until the game?

6 hours
turbostef
Senior

Post#13 » by turbostef » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:56 pm

Remon wrote:I think you're wrong about Calathes and Giannis. They are both excellent cutters, they can both play the p&r and they're both excellent passers with great court vision, which means they can play a lot with each other. The only problem is that neither can shoot dependably the 3.

Calathes usually runs the offense with the Balls 15 sec in his Hands. This is one part that I hate about him.
In the 2nd Game against Turkey we saw 2 clutch alley-oops from Calathes to Giannis but that were the only 2
good plays both had together in 48 minutes...

As Calathes (and Giannis) additionally are not good shooters I would prefer Sloukas besides Calathes.

Don't get me wrong, Calathes is very important for us. But not while Giannis needs to speed up the Game and run the floor.

Either Coach tells Calathes to let Giannis run the floor or he has to run the 2nd Unit.

Nevertheless Calathes will have to play 20-30 min while Giannis will have to play 35min. 20 as Point Forward and
the rest as SF

The tournament includes just 4 Games with 2 being "easy" (whithout underestimating Mexico and Iran).

Halffinal is Friyday and Final Saturday so there is less that 24 hours rest. Fatigue could be a factor in the final though.
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
turbostef
Senior

Post#14 » by turbostef » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:59 pm

GeoBar wrote:This game is not on Greek TV.

Fu... you are right.... I hope those streams work otherwise I will get crazy!

I have a serbian friend. Have to call him if Serbian TV will broadcast. I will have to go by his house :lol:

I hate this fu...ing streams at friendly games. You never know if there is a coverage, which stream, quality of stream and so on.

I would pay for a stream but usually the rights are only at the local TV Stations. This sucks
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
GeoBar
Sophomore

Post#15 » by GeoBar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:03 pm

turbostef wrote:

I have a serbian friend. Have to call him if Serbian TV will broadcast. I will have to go by his house :lol:

I hate this fu...ing streams at friendly games. You never know if there is a coverage, which stream, quality of stream and so on.

I would pay for a stream but usually the rights are only at the local TV Stations. This sucks

Λογικα θα είναι στο πρωτο stream που εχω γραψει.Ετσι εχει ανακοινωθεί.
Αλλα εβαλα και το δευτερο just in case.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#16 » by Magic Giannison » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:45 pm

It wont be shown on greek TV? WTF is this BS?
turbostef
Senior

Post#17 » by turbostef » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:50 pm

GeoBar wrote:
turbostef wrote:

Λογικα θα είναι στο πρωτο stream που εχω γραψει.Ετσι εχει ανακοινωθεί.
Αλλα εβαλα και το δευτερο just in case.

OK thank you ;)

I hope that the stream will work :)
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#18 » by Magic Giannison » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:02 pm

1 hour to go,just a reminder.
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#19 » by greekbuck34 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:27 pm

This is the most crucial test for our NT before the official games begin.
Serbia is much better than Italy and Croatia, has much better chemistry and equal if not better talent than us in their roster.
If we manage to play good defense against them and if we are not affected by their passionate crowd in the soldout arena then we should have nothing to fear in the pre-Olympics even if the final ends up to be us against Italy in front of thousand italians fans.

Koufos is doubtful for tonight.
Bjelica is out for the serbians.

Lets see how we will handle the PnRs of Milos Teodosic and the serbians bigs and also their great 3p threat.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#20 » by Magic Giannison » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Apparently the link will be on the second link as a greek sport website link it to i.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks