Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Giannis might sign 5yr/$145mm extension 

Post#181 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 7:32 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Ball handling?? NO, just NO, KD was a turnover Machine when OKC trusted him with point role when WB was injured, they never tried that again.
Slashing is debatable.
Playing off ball??? Compared to a guy that has more putback dunks, plays PNRS post and runs around like crazy ?No, still wrong.

Isolation? Giannis is one of the best 1 on 1 players on the LEGUE, this is absurd.
PASSING? DUDE are you trying to drive me nuts?

DEFENSE? WHAT THE FLYING ****? Giannis was defending against 4 positions this year, 4 !!~!!!!Had 113 blocks and was the only one actually bother to defend on a **** defensive team.
Sorry but im losing myself with this, either you troll me or i cannot understand whats going on.

Just because he is a former MVP doesnt mean that there cannot be a better player than him or an upcoming talent.KD is valued because he is an ELITE scorer, thats why and we know how much they are overvalued if you looks at steph curry who is **** at everything else besides shooting.

if you cannot understand on how EXTREMELY underrated Giannis is right now then nothing will change your mind.

Yeah your wrong on pretty much everything here. Act like Giannis didn't turn the ball over and always found the open man with pin point accuracy and that he was on any all defense team. Good lord. You even argued that slashing is debatable and that Giannis is better in isolation. Here's news for you. The only player in the league that can make the claim that they're possibly better in iso over Durant is his former teamates Russell Westbrook. And no Giannis has NOT shown that he's good at playing off ball.

But sure saying Giannis isn't a top 5 player right now is underrating him. Don't argue that he has top 5 potential but rather keep arguing he's there right now.

Jesus, Giannis had MUCH more minutes the ball that durant had in the last 2 years.Giannis is a better ball handler than Durant, thats a fact.Lebron is a much better comparison in this department.

Yes Giannis is better on Isos, because durrant doesnt have the flexibility giannis got like euro stepping from 3 point like for example.

Go watch Giannis highlights about how finish on the basket and tell me if he is not a great slasher.

Its funny when you mention Westbrook but totally ignore that everyone in the league call Giannis a bigger version of westbrook ?

How is giannis not good offball when he is switching all the time, running like crazy, creates PNRs and even gets better position and puts back dunks....
Heck, his offball defense was especially highlighted against of Carmelo.

I said GIannis performance after ASB is definitely of a top 5 player.If he can play at that level for 30 games then he already shows you that he got the talent and si doing it on regular basis, its not 1 or 2 games its 30+
he is the second most Triple doubles only behind Magic and already surpassed lebron and he still got time before he turns 22.

Just because Giannis gets underrated being a Buck doesnt mean that he isnt an upcoming superstar.

Holy crap. Nobody is underrating him by saying he isn't a top five player today. In fact people acknowledge he's an upcoming superstar. What you describing is a player that ALLREADY is a superstar but more importantly if Giannis was as good as your playing him up to be TODAY that player would be Lebron 5 years ago.

It's not underrating him to say your overrating him and everything he can do today.

And yes I highlighted Westbrook. The reason for that is he's not as good as Westbrook either. Good lord I can't believe I'm having this conversation right now
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Re: Giannis might sign 5yr/$145mm extension 

Post#182 » by truly » Mon Jul 4, 2016 7:36 pm

Giannis isnt a top 5 player.Dude just stop.
This is beyond fanboying.Are you in love with him?
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Giannis might sign 5yr/$145mm extension 

Post#183 » by ampd » Mon Jul 4, 2016 7:37 pm

Comparing Giannis to KD was always more of a body type thing than a style thing. He's a lanky Lebron not an iso scoring type.

The big difference between GIannis and KD is obviously shooting and scoring in isolation, but even more so its how elite KD is at what he's good at.

Giannis is at least as good or better than KD at rebounding and ball handling, and is clearly a better help defender, passer, and shot blocker. KD has been more valuable because he's hands down absolutely one of the top 2-3 players in the league at putting the ball in the basket creating his own offense, which is the most valuable skill to have. Giannis has had a stretch of play where you could say his overall play was elite, but certainly not enough for long enough to call him better than KD.

Still I don't think the comparison matters much, Giannis is going to get the max, if not from us, from someone else forcing us to match it.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Giannis might sign 5yr/$145mm extension 

Post#184 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Jul 4, 2016 7:42 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Yeah your wrong on pretty much everything here. Act like Giannis didn't turn the ball over and always found the open man with pin point accuracy and that he was on any all defense team. Good lord. You even argued that slashing is debatable and that Giannis is better in isolation. Here's news for you. The only player in the league that can make the claim that they're possibly better in iso over Durant is his former teamates Russell Westbrook. And no Giannis has NOT shown that he's good at playing off ball.

But sure saying Giannis isn't a top 5 player right now is underrating him. Don't argue that he has top 5 potential but rather keep arguing he's there right now.

Jesus, Giannis had MUCH more minutes the ball that durant had in the last 2 years.Giannis is a better ball handler than Durant, thats a fact.Lebron is a much better comparison in this department.

Yes Giannis is better on Isos, because durrant doesnt have the flexibility giannis got like euro stepping from 3 point like for example.

Go watch Giannis highlights about how finish on the basket and tell me if he is not a great slasher.

Its funny when you mention Westbrook but totally ignore that everyone in the league call Giannis a bigger version of westbrook ?

How is giannis not good offball when he is switching all the time, running like crazy, creates PNRs and even gets better position and puts back dunks....

I said GIannis performance after ASB is definitely of a top 5 player.If he can play at that level for 30 games then he already shows you that he got the talent and si doing it on regular basis, its not 1 or 2 games its 30+
he is the second most Triple doubles only behind Magic and already surpassed lebron and he still got time before he turns 22.

Just because Giannis gets underrated being a Buck doesnt mean that he isnt an upcoming superstar.

Holy crap. Nobody is underrating him by saying he isn't a top five player today. In fact people acknowledge he's an upcoming superstar. What you describing is a player that ALLREADY is a superstar but more importantly if Giannis was as good as your playing him up to be TODAY that player would be Lebron 5 years ago.

It's not underrating him to say your overrating him and everything he can do today.

He isnt a top 5 player because he cannot shoot, and shooting is extreemely overvalued compared tto other attributes. I already gave you the Steph curry which doesnt else that just shoot. How exactly a talent like him is a top 5 but a guy that does EVERYTHING is not ?
Giannis gets underrated a lot, compare him to the young son Lakers and Knicks like Porzingis or Simmons in philly that laughed at him being comparable to Simmons.
people were sleeping on him last year where they would take Wiggins over him and year before when they would take MCW over GIannis.

Giannis in his 3rd is already better shot blocker better defender a better passer and even got better FG % than KD had at 3rd year, Only thing he doesnt got is the shooting.He also had less TOV than KD had in his 3d year.
All that while Giannis played a tpoint ONLY for 30 games, imagine if that happen sooner and with a better team, you know like james and westbrook besides him and him having like 20 FGA per game compared to Giannis 12 FGA lol.

So why exactly a guy that came from College, had proper training and attention at 21 was hailed superstar but a guy that barely played Ball for 5 years is not?
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#185 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Jul 4, 2016 7:42 pm

truly wrote:Giannis isnt a top 5 player.Dude just stop.

How about your read before you throw you crappy post against me, i said he PLAYER like a top 5 guy AFTER POST ASB.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,512

Post#186 » by th87 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 7:43 pm

GB_Packers wrote:
Ayt wrote:
sdn40 wrote:
Yeah. Much better to **** the fans. Who do you think is going to pay for those contracts ? The owners ? I'm gonna need a max deal at work just to afford seats on the ceiling behind a 3 foot beam. You think beers are $9 because that's the actual cost ?

You blame the players for that? How does that work?

He thinks his hot takes will fly over here when they never do over at the Packer board on footballs future.

Yeah but those guys are homerbots.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#187 » by truly » Mon Jul 4, 2016 7:45 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:

How about your read before you throw you crappy post against me, i said he PLAYER like a top 5 guy AFTER POST ASB.

I am not really going to argue with you about Giannis,cause there is no arguing with you about Giannis 8-)

But he wasnt a top 5 player after the ASB either.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,736

Post#188 » by yannisk » Mon Jul 4, 2016 7:47 pm

Giannis is not a top 5 player in the league, but not only the top 5 get max contracts (probably that's how it should be). At the end of the day most teams will end up with a player on a max contract.
RRyder823
General Manager

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Giannis might sign 5yr/$145mm extension 

Post#189 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 7:51 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Jesus, Giannis had MUCH more minutes the ball that durant had in the last 2 years.Giannis is a better ball handler than Durant, thats a fact.Lebron is a much better comparison in this department.

He isnt a top 5 player because he cannot shoot, and shooting is extreemely overvalued compared tto other attributes. I already gave you the Steph curry which doesnt else that just shoot. How exactly a talent like him is a top 5 but a guy that does EVERYTHING is not ?
Giannis gets underrated a lot, compare him to the young son Lakers and Knicks like Porzingis or Simmons in philly that laughed at him being comparable to Simmons.
people were sleeping on him last year where they would take Wiggins over him and year before when they would take MCW over GIannis.

Giannis in his 3rd is already better shot blocker better defender a better passer and even got better FG % than KD had at 3rd year, Only thing he doesnt got is the shooting.He also had less TOV than KD had in his 3d year.
All that while Giannis played a tpoint ONLY for 30 games, imagine if that happen sooner and with a better team, you know like james and westbrook besides him and him having like 20 FGA per game compared to Giannis 12 FGA lol.

So why exactly a guy that came from College, had proper training and attention at 21 was hailed superstar but a guy that barely played Ball for 5 years is not?

Dude most hail him as future superstar. Even Durant at this age was simply being hailed as one. It wasn't untill they actually advanced in the POs that he arrived. Nobodies claiming that KP, Simmons, Ingram, Russell, Wiggins or even Parker actually ARE superstars. People claim they have the potential to be. Just like Giannis. In fact most argue that he's closer then every other young upcoming player not named KAT

Once again. If Giannis was as good as your talking about at everything then he'd be Lebron 5 years ago. You're really going full fanboy on this one on a board where EVERY BODY loves Giannis and thinks he can/will be a star in the league. It's just that your arguing he's allready there.

Big newsflash here is superstars don't let their teams draft in the lottery in the East. Don't care how bad their team is. Throw Durant on last year's 76ers and that team is hosting a PO series in the first round.

Hopefully Giannis gets to be good enough to have that impact and I think he will. But he's not there yet.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,620

Post#190 » by Gianstoppable » Mon Jul 4, 2016 7:51 pm

That's a lot of gyros $$$$
#FreeChuckDiesel
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#191 » by sdn40 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 8:00 pm

th87 wrote:
GB_Packers wrote:
Ayt wrote:
You blame the players for that? How does that work?

He thinks his hot takes will fly over here when they never do over at the Packer board on footballs future.

Yeah but those guys are homerbots.

I find it hilarious that it was even posted. Should I be scared ? LOL. Easier to feel better about yourself when you make posts like that I guess. I must have hurt his feeling once.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Giannis might sign 5yr/$145mm extension 

Post#192 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Jul 4, 2016 8:00 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:

Dude most hail him as future superstar. Even Durant at this age was simply being hailed as one. It wasn't untill they actually advanced in the POs that he arrived. Nobodies claiming that KP, Simmons, Ingram, Russell, Wiggins or even Parker actually ARE superstars. People claim they have the potential to be. Just like Giannis.

Once again. If Giannis was as good as your talking about at everything then he'd be Lebron 5 years ago. You're really going full fanboy on this one on a board where EVERY BODY loves Giannis and thinks he can/will be a star in the league. It's just that your arguing he's allready there.

Big newsflash here is superstars don't let their teams draft in the lottery. Don't care how bad their team is. Throw Durant on last year's 76ers and that team is hosting a PO series in the first round.

Hopefully Giannis gets to be good enough to have that impact and I think he will. But he's not there yet.

So if you hail him as future superstar then why you question about the team maxing him ?
There are people that are claiming these mentioned players above will become better than Giannis.Porzingins is freaking god on the internet compared to Giannis, just because he is on the Knicks.

Giannis started playing ball much later than lebron, thats the whole reason many are sleeping on him, his trajectory should be what lebron was still in College as comparison. Im not saying he will become Lebron but he definetely got the talent and potential to become so as they got many similarities.

Durant wouldnt be able to carry Philly to POs like a James harden couldnt carry Houston and he had much better players around him than philly.

Nobody won anything alone in this game.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#193 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Jul 4, 2016 8:01 pm

truly wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:

I am not really going to argue with you about Giannis,cause there is no arguing with you about Giannis 8-)

A guy averaging close to a triple double after ASB on BUCKS with **** fit and crappy bench isnt playing like a top 5?
Can you guys just give me a valid reason on WHY and not just throw around and call me homer?
RRyder823
General Manager

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Giannis might sign 5yr/$145mm extension 

Post#194 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 8:04 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:He isnt a top 5 player because he cannot shoot, and shooting is extreemely overvalued compared tto other attributes. I already gave you the Steph curry which doesnt else that just shoot. How exactly a talent like him is a top 5 but a guy that does EVERYTHING is not ?

Dude most hail him as future superstar. Even Durant at this age was simply being hailed as one. It wasn't untill they actually advanced in the POs that he arrived. Nobodies claiming that KP, Simmons, Ingram, Russell, Wiggins or even Parker actually ARE superstars. People claim they have the potential to be. Just like Giannis.

Big newsflash here is superstars don't let their teams draft in the lottery. Don't care how bad their team is. Throw Durant on last year's 76ers and that team is hosting a PO series in the first round.

So if you hail him as future superstar then why you question about the team maxing him ?
There are people that are claiming these mentioned players above will become better than Giannis.Porzingins is freaking god on the internet compared to Giannis, just because he is on the Knicks.

Giannis started playing ball much later than lebron, thats the whole reason many are sleeping on him, his trajectory should be what lebron was still in College as comparison. Im not saying he will become Lebron but he definetely got the talent and potential to become so as they got many similarities.

Durant wouldnt be able to carry Philly to POs like a James harden couldnt carry Houston and he had much better players around him than philly.

I didn't. I've actually defended maxing him out. For someone that chastised another poster to read previous posts you should've done the same.

And yes Durant would have. Lebron dragged plenty of horrible teams to the finals. KG and Kobe dragged plenty of shity teams to a first round exit. Hell the Pacers jumped into the POs simply by getting PG back.
sdn40
Assistant Coach

Post#195 » by sdn40 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 8:04 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
truly wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:How about your read before you throw you crappy post against me, i said he PLAYER like a top 5 guy AFTER POST ASB.

A guy averaging close to a triple double after ASB on BUCKS with **** fit and crappy bench isnt playing like a top 5?
Can you guys just give me a valid reason on WHY and not just throw around and call me homer?

Not that I want to endure more but has he even made an all nba team or anything - second team ? Not that it matters to me .... but its usually an indicator of some kind
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#196 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Jul 4, 2016 8:06 pm

sdn40 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
truly wrote:

Not that I want to endure more but has he even made an all nba team or anything ? Not that it matters to me ....

Holy ****, Just because he plays for the freaking Bucks he gets overlooked, how hard is it to understand it?
I dont give a crap about NBA team when i got a guy playing like Magic Johnson and having crazy athleticism.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#197 » by InsideOut » Mon Jul 4, 2016 8:08 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
InsideOut wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis was great all season he just played PHENOMENAL in the last 35 games.
Lets not compare KD and Giannis, different teams and different ages.Giannis already does everything better than KD besides shooting.
If you do not hink a player like Giannis deserves a max then maybe you as a Bucks fan never deserve to win anything.

So we shouldn't compare two players that you feel are worth a max deal? Then what is even the point of talking about who deserves a max deal?

It's nice when a Johnny come lately that has a man crush on one player tells a local fan that has followed the team for over 43 years what he deserves. Maybe after you follow the TEAM for 40+ years and not just spend a couple years on a message board fawning over one player you'll have enough credibility to tell another fan what he deserves.

You're comparing Giannis to KD but not to the likes of Conley and Derozan that got also MAX?
Why are you comparing a 21 year kid that barelly started playing 5 years ago Basketball to Durant that had all the training and time to develop better coming out of college ?
It doesnt matter how many years you follow, if your logic is to never sign a player max unless he is the next Michael Jordan than youl never go anywhere, no BIG FA ever wants to play in Milwaukuee, you finally found a guy that wants to make you great, he got INSANE potential and he got by far the greatest work ethic in the league.

Not to mention Giannis shot is already coming along.The whole reason why he sint an all star is because he is playing for the Bucks, a small market with **** injured bench and pathetic fit. Just because he cannot carry the team alone despite all his effort doesnt mena he isnt good or very valued.

Go arround the league and ask all 29 teams if they would give Giannis a max.

I'm comparing EVERYONE that gets the max. You are the one that wants to pick and choose who he gets compared to. That is the point of all this. Conley and Derozan aren't worth the max either. KD, Curry, James, Westbrook... are worth the max because right now they are the best players. If you think Giannis is as good as those guys then I'm wasting my time.

Please tell me where my logic is to never sign a player to the max unless he is the next Michael Jordan? I never said that so the fact that you feel the need to just make stuff up I never said and then refute it just tells me all the more I'm wasting my time.

It is quite simple. I think the best players in the league should get the max. That isn't the way the system works and I get that. If you can't handle someone thinking Giannis isn't one of the best players in the league that is a sign of your obsession and not a sign of me not deserving a winning team.
sdn40
Assistant Coach

Post#198 » by sdn40 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 8:08 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
sdn40 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:A guy averaging close to a triple double after ASB on BUCKS with **** fit and crappy bench isnt playing like a top 5?

Not that I want to endure more but has he even made an all nba team or anything ? Not that it matters to me ....

Holy ****, Just because he plays for the freaking Bucks he gets overlooked, how hard is it to understand it?
I dont give a crap about NBA team when i got a guy playing like Magic Johnson and having crazy athleticism.

Well then you can sleep well tonight.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Giannis might sign 5yr/$145mm extension 

Post#199 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Jul 4, 2016 8:09 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:

I didn't. I've actually defended maxing him out. For someone that chastised another poster to read previous posts you should've done the same.

You added a point while quoting a guy who disagrees about maxing Giannis and that only guys that proven themselves should get max.
Even if you didnt its irrelevant ans your comparison and point comparing to KD and Giannis are simply wrong as i already pointed you out that Giannis did pretty much Everything better than KD besides shooting in his 3rd year.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#200 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Jul 4, 2016 8:11 pm

sdn40 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
sdn40 wrote:

Well then you can sleep well tonight.

Il leave Giannis speaking with ACTIONS like he always does.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BehindTheBucks/status/750007572548157440[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BehindTheBucks/status/750001559430463488[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BehindTheBucks/status/750007572548157440[/tweet]

More here, since youre probably interested.

http://behindthebuckpass.com/2016/07/04/giannis-antetokounmpo-impresses-in-greeces-victory-over-iran/

Return to Milwaukee Bucks