ImageImage

GT: Summer League Bucks v. NBAD (3:30pm TV TBD)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Re: GT: Summer League Bucks v. NBAD (3:30pm TV TBD) 

Post#421 » by JustinCredible » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:06 am

MickeyDavis wrote:There's a thread about his age. Keep the comments about his age in that thread. It doesn't have to be in every thread

That's cool. I had to go back 6 pages in this thread to finally find a page that didn't have a post referencing his age and only one of them was mine.

It gets mentioned and it will. Hell, Vaughn's age gets talked about plenty too and there isn't even a conspiracy out there.

I'm cool if you want to try and enforce it but having my one post get singled out is tiring. I'm tired of people acting like I'm trolling. I've contributed plenty to the Thon love over the past two games.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#422 » by Prez » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:13 am

Badgerlander wrote:GTH lineup, aka Go To Hell, aka Giannis/Thon/Henson

I like it. I like it so hard.
Buckrageous
Starter
And1: 665

Post#423 » by Buckrageous » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:20 am

MickeyDavis wrote:There's a thread about his age. Keep the comments about his age in that thread. It doesn't have to be in every thread

LOL. Someone went slightly off topic. Thank all that's good in the world that there is a mod to stop it.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#424 » by 4xBuck » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:23 am

JustinCredible wrote: That's cool. I had to go back 6 pages in this thread to finally find a page that didn't have a post referencing his age and only one of them was mine.

Get over yourself already. You've polluted a simple summer league game thread with your obtuse agenda. You were called on it and now you play the victim card... Sad...

It's a shame Buck fans aren't allowed to be exited about the simplest things without power whiners spewing their miserableness...
newerabucks
Senior
And1: 130

Post#425 » by newerabucks » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:24 am

RRyder823 wrote:He's still a project and I just hope people don't jump ship on him just as quickly when the season comes and he's only getting 5 minutes a game in garbage time.
I agree. I can't see him contributing much if at all this year.
JustinCredible
Head Coach

Post#426 » by JustinCredible » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:26 am

4xBuck wrote:
JustinCredible wrote: That's cool. I had to go back 6 pages in this thread to finally find a page that didn't have a post referencing his age and only one of them was mine.

Get over yourself already. You've polluted a simple summer league game thread with your obtuse agenda. You were called on it and now you play the victim card... Sad...

It's a shame Buck fans aren't allowed to be exited about the simplest things without power whiners spewing their miserableness...

Cool story. Just ignore my 50 other posts about Thon. It is responses like these that keep the convo flowing.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#427 » by 4xBuck » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:31 am

Magic Giannison wrote:Yeah but lets not forget that SL means jack ****. Sure it gives you a hint of players potential and stuff but lets not get overly excited about it.

Hum, if Thon's last was "Onassis" or "Mickelakakis", I'm thinking you wouldn't be concerned about being too excited.

8-)
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#428 » by M-C-G » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:31 am

newerabucks wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:He's still a project and I just hope people don't jump ship on him just as quickly when the season comes and he's only getting 5 minutes a game in garbage time.

He has shown me more than expected, but yeah, I'd be shocked if he averages over 10-15 mpg this year.
JustinCredible
Head Coach

Post#429 » by JustinCredible » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:33 am

M-C-G wrote:
newerabucks wrote:

He has shown me more than expected, but yeah, I'd be shocked if he averages over 10-15 mpg this year.

I could see him going large stretches of games without any PT but then having some spurts throughout the season that he gets 25 minutes a night. So hard to tell with Kidd. Hopefully they give him a chance.

I actually kind of trust our ability to bring him along properly.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#430 » by Prez » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:36 am

Thon is about 15-20 pounds and a year of game experience away from being a legit starter imo. Give him like 10 mpg this year or at least a ton of D-League game time, bring him into training camp 2017 around ~235-240, and he'll be nasty.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#431 » by M-C-G » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:43 am

JustinCredible wrote:
4xBuck wrote:

Cool story. Just ignore my 50 other posts about Thon. It is responses like these that keep the convo flowing.

For what it is worth, I am over the Thon age thing and have been for like a week. That said, I think you specifically have been pretty objective and unbiased the whole time. Pretty sure we disagree on the age, but I've got no problem with your take and how you have posted throughout the process. That also said, I am happy to have the age talk stay in the age thread.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,682

Post#432 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:43 am

So how old is Thon?
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,539

Post#433 » by Frank Nova » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:47 am

So 17/17 is a pretty sexy stat line. I didn't see any of the game, just a box score. Can I get a quick rehash on how Thon looked today please? Disappointed we lost though, that NBAD team stinks something serious, really surprised we didn't win. Also saw Thon hit a 3 finally, hooray.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,055

Post#434 » by FrieAaron » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:52 am

weezybaby856 wrote:So 17/17 is a pretty sexy stat line. I didn't see any of the game, just a box score. Can I get a quick rehash on how Thon looked today please? Disappointed we lost though, that NBAD team stinks something serious, really surprised we didn't win. Also saw Thon hit a 3 finally, hooray.

Similar to the last game. Definitely forced things offensively at times. Went 1/4 on threes and had a decent hook shot. Can't remember if he hit any jumpers. Was very active on defense and around the boards.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#435 » by tydett » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:52 am

Russell, Kareem, Shaq... none of those guys put up stats like this in Summer League during the 2010's. Safe to say that Thon will be better than all of them.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#436 » by M-C-G » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:02 am

FrieAaron wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:So 17/17 is a pretty sexy stat line. I didn't see any of the game, just a box score. Can I get a quick rehash on how Thon looked today please? Disappointed we lost though, that NBAD team stinks something serious, really surprised we didn't win. Also saw Thon hit a 3 finally, hooray.

Similar to the last game. Definitely forced things offensively at times. Went 1/4 on threes and had a decent hook shot. Can't remember if he hit any jumpers. Was very active on defense and around the boards.

Yeah offensively he is pretty much useless unless someone sets him up or it is a follow up. And that is okay. He probably owes about 10 points to Vaughn and Brogdon for setting him up for dunks. He gets the ball in good position but tends not to have any idea where the basket is relative to where he catches the ball. I'm a bit concerned he won't be able to take advantage of his ability to beat his man down the court because of his hands and ability to find the hoop.

Defensively, gave up way too many uncontested shots in the paint, but overall was very active. He is a MUCH MUCH better rebounder than I had thought. Really, really active, great at getting a body on a body and getting his head back around. Really thought he would be piss poor there.

Overall, I think he is going to be a player, I am thinking Henson with a motor right now.
kgill_12bucks
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#437 » by kgill_12bucks » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:06 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTN1l22XSkM[/youtube]
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,539

Post#438 » by Frank Nova » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:06 am

M-C-G wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:

Yeah offensively he is pretty much useless unless someone sets him up or it is a follow up. And that is okay. He probably owes about 10 points to Vaughn and Brogdon for setting him up for dunks. He gets the ball in good position but tends not to have any idea where the basket is relative to where he catches the ball. I'm a bit concerned he won't be able to take advantage of his ability to beat his man down the court because of his hands and ability to find the hoop.

Defensively, gave up way too many uncontested shots in the paint, but overall was very active. He is a MUCH MUCH better rebounder than I had thought. Really, really active, great at getting a body on a body and getting his head back around. Really thought he would be piss poor there.

Overall, I think he is going to be a player, I am thinking Henson with a motor right now.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Pretty much what I was figuring. His offensive repertoire is still on the atrocious level from what I saw the 1st game but he seemed to make up for that in other areas. Sounds about the same for game 2.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#439 » by M-C-G » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:11 am

weezybaby856 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Pretty much what I was figuring. His offensive repertoire is still on the atrocious level from what I saw the 1st game but he seemed to make up for that in other areas. Sounds about the same for game 2.

I think he will average 6-8 points per 36 by just being a pain in the ass for the other team on the offensive rebound, tip ins, etc. side of things. I heard everyone saying he has a motor, but it's really true. He is kind of like Delly in that way, as just a pain in the ass where other more talented players don't do that stuff any more.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#440 » by ampd » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:23 am

Ayt wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Erifee wrote:
The most exciting thing is that it showed Thon isn't completely inept on a basketball court. A low bar to clear, but an important one for Bucks fans.

we all knew he could look good in a workout tape. SL isn't much more than a glorified workout.

It isn't an NBA game, but it is different than a workout. Also, plenty of people were worried he'd look like he was in completely over his head and that he didn't even belong on the court against SL competition.

Yeah one of the concerns was he only played against HS competition, and we were all curious to see how he'd fare against grown men. A lot like Giannis in year one. Thon so far is showing he might not be 2-3 years away from being able to actually play basketball. although putting 40 lbs of good weight on his frame is going to take time.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks