How our rotation goes ?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,802

Re: How our rotation goes ? 

Post#141 » by Prez » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:35 pm

If one of Brogdon/Vaughn isn't a rotation piece we're basically fked. GA at the 2 will just not work, doesn't have the lateral quickness to deal with them night in night out, and his defense at the 4 around the paint/rim projects to be too valuable, gotta develop him there. Monroe HAS to be traded for a competent 2 guard.
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#142 » by har13 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:56 pm

AussieBuck wrote:These Giannis at SG lineups really showcase how terrible the front court defense is.

yeah,40 mil per year for 3 Center and no one can shoot or play average defence,crazy :o
What is better to overpay for a player like Plumlee or for a player like Biyombo?the one is a 7-8m player and you gave him 13m and the other one is a 12,13m player with a 18m per year contract,yes maybe is overpay for him too but at least you have a good defender and rebounder,am i wrong?
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,715

Post#143 » by AussieBuck » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:06 am

har13 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:These Giannis at SG lineups really showcase how terrible the front court defense is.

yeah,40 mil per year for 3 Center and no one can shoot or play average defence,crazy :o
What is better to overpay for a player like Plumlee or for a player like Biyombo?the one is a 7-8m player and you gave him 13m and the other one is a 12,13m player with a 18m per year contract,yes maybe is overpay for him too but at least you have a good defender and rebounder,am i wrong?

Henson's probably the comp especially with Biyombo. Plums/Biyombo actually would be a decent platoon where Plums gets his minutes with Giannis and Biyombo's lack of hands matters less with him off the bench doing the stuff that we like to pretend Henson does.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#144 » by har13 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:45 am

AussieBuck wrote:
har13 wrote:

Henson's probably the comp especially with Biyombo. Plums/Biyombo actually would be a decent platoon where Plums gets his minutes with Giannis and Biyombo's lack of hands matters less with him off the bench doing the stuff that we like to pretend Henson does.

you speak about best case senario but i'm talking what you could do this year with Plumlee out of contract and Biyombo too,so whats best?Plumlee/Henson or Biyombo/Henson even with 5m extra?
I believe as you said Biyombo is the player you wanted Henson to be in defence but he is not,the best case senario for me was to take Biyombo first if you are thinking to give 13m for Plumlee and then see what you can get, give Monroe even for a second round and see what you can get for Henson,if you cannot find anything good keep him and let Plumlee go but if you find take it and then sign Plumlee,what Bucks did was the worst thing for me.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#145 » by Bernman » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:58 am

They really believe in the concept of positionless basketball, to the point they don't think it's necessary to have a viable shooting guard on the roster.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#146 » by vegaspacker » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:19 am

I see Shawne Williams is on the roster, and he is 30. We are so short at SF. Does he make the roster?
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,880

Post#147 » by Fotis St » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:48 am

My original idea was to move Parker to the SG position and Thon to start PF... Crazy I know....

1st Quarter
PG....Delly...../.....Delly....../....Delly...../....Delly......./......MCW....../.....MCW.......
SG....Terry...../...Terry......./.....Terry..../....Brogdon..../....Brogdon..../...Brogdon.....
SF....Jabari..../....Jabari....../....Jabari..../....Jabari....../.....Giannis..../....Beasley.....
PF...Giannis..../...Giannis...../...Giannis.../.....Giannis...../....Teletovic../...Teletovic...
C....Plumlee.../....Plumlee.../...Plumlee.../....Plumlee...../.....Monroe.../.....Monroe....

2nd Quarter
PG.....MCW......./.....MCW....../.....MCW....../.......Delly....../......Delly....../......Delly......
SG....Brogdon..../....Brogdon.../.....Brogdon.../......Terry....../......Terry...../......Terry......
SF....Beasley...../....Beasley..../.....Jabari...../.....Jabari....../.....Jabari...../......Jabari.....
PF...Teletovic.../....Teletovic../....Teletovic../......Giannis..../.....Giannis..../......Giannis.....
C.....Monroe...../....Monroe..../......Monroe.../......Plumlee.../......Plumlee.../.....Plumlee....

This is the most normal rotation I can think off. We start the JET VET at SG, so the Point Giannis can work.
Then Terry gets tired and we put in Brogdon. If Brogdon develops a 3 through the season he can start.
Wanted to start Brogdon, but it is to early for him, his confidence will break down, and it will affect his 3p.
In SL Brogdon's 3 did not fall, so we get him to the game early, but not too early.
Brogdon starts when he starts hitting the open 3s.
Brogdon in starting role is good for defence but it is a grave to Point Giannis. So Point Giannis demands Terry period.
As I said our bench unit is strong and we still have a chance for the 8th seed.

2nd Half Repeat

Total minutes
PG ...Delly (28) .... ..MCW (20)
SG .. Terry (24) ..... Brogdon (24)
SF ...Jabari (32) ..... Giannis (4)....... Beasley (12)
PF ...Giannis (28) ... Teletovic (20)
C ....Plumlee (28) ... Monroe (20)
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,712

Re: RE: Re: How our rotation goes ? 

Post#148 » by emunney » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:15 am

Would hurt us less to play Mirza at SG.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#149 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:57 am

At this point, whatever.

Delly
Brogdon
Jabari
Teletovic
Giannis

MCW
Terry
Beasley
Plumlee

I don't care if Monroe & Henson DNP CD every game.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#150 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:59 am

If you don't get a stop gap just throw Brogdon in for 30 minutes a game the first month to sink or swim. If it doesn't work then let Kidd do his weird lineup shuffle the rest of the season to solidify a lotto pick. You know, the stuff like play Terry 30 minutes a game, Henson/Plumlee lineups or play Novak or Beasley like they're NBA players.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#151 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:32 am

This roster is so **** goofy
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#152 » by drone3 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:44 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:If you don't get a stop gap just throw Brogdon in for 30 minutes a game the first month to sink or swim. If it doesn't work then let Kidd do his weird lineup shuffle the rest of the season to solidify a lotto pick. You know, the stuff like play Terry 30 minutes a game, Henson/Plumlee lineups or play Novak or Beasley like they're NBA players.

Finally, some logic in this thread.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#153 » by Jez2983 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:09 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:This roster is so **** goofy

I feel like you could say that a lot of times in recent years.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#154 » by imithanos » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:40 am

Damn! I think my reception was non existent and my last message was not posted.

Let's try again.
The main problem in our roster is we don't have many 3p-shooters that are decent defenders. Only Khris and Delly.
Hopefully Brogdog becomes the 3rd player on the list. I still hope Vaughn can get in this list too; post ASB he was a better defender than a 3p-shooter. Jabari has to become reliable in both defense and behind the 3p line. Telly hopefully can become a good defender in our scheme (maybe it's easier, cause he worked under JK in Brooklyn).
And that's it. It would be a surprise, if Thon is a decent defender, cause he lacks strength. Terry and Novak are too old to not be black holes in defense. You just hope they are still reliable behind the 3p line.
MCW and Giannis are good defenders, but bad/unreliable shooters. Hopefully they get a little better this season.

That's why the injury of Khris is a big step back. He was a constant in our team. If some of our young wings got better during the summer (or step up during the season) it will be the difference between lottery and playoffs.

PS. Reading again the text I realized I hope in too many things in order to get into the PO. :( But the thing that gives me some more hope is that although the east got better some teams are big question-marks. Except Philly, Miami and Brooklyn teams like WAS, ORL, NYK can be really bad, if they won't some things out. Even Atlanta and Indiana haven't convinced me with their changes.
No hay banda.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#155 » by drone3 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:57 pm

imithanos wrote:Damn! I think my reception was non existent and my last message was not posted.

Let's try again.
The main problem in our roster is we don't have many 3p-shooters that are decent defenders. Only Khris and Delly.
Hopefully Brogdog becomes the 3rd player on the list. I still hope Vaughn can get in this list too; post ASB he was a better defender than a 3p-shooter. Jabari has to become reliable in both defense and behind the 3p line. Telly hopefully can become a good defender in our scheme (maybe it's easier, cause he worked under JK in Brooklyn).
And that's it. It would be a surprise, if Thon is a decent defender even though he lacks strength. Terry and Novak are too old to not be black holes in defense. You just hope they are still reliable behind the 3p line.
MCW and Giannis are good defenders, but bad/unreliable shooters. Hopefully they get a little better this season.

That's why the injury of Khris is a big step back. He was a constant in our team. If some of our young wings got better during the summer (or get step up during the season) it will be the difference between lottery and playoffs.

PS. Reading again the text I realized I hope in too many things in order to get into the PO. :( But the thing that gives me some more hope is that although the east got better some teams are big question-marks. Except Philly, Miami and Brooklyn teams like WAS, ORL, NYK can be really bad, if they won't some things out. Even Atlanta and Indiana haven't convinced me with their changes.

Brogdon is the guy that will step up, he is a two way player with high IQ and confident. He reminds me of a less athletic SG version of Kawhi Leonard although I'm pretty sure Brogs shot is much better than when Kawhi was a rookie.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#156 » by Fotis St » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:08 pm

drone3 wrote:
imithanos wrote:Damn! I think my reception was non existent and my last message was not posted.

Let's try again.
And that's it. It would be a surprise, if Thon is a decent defender even though he lacks strength. Terry and Novak are too old to not be black holes in defense. You just hope they are still reliable behind the 3p line.

That's why the injury of Khris is a big step back. He was a constant in our team. If some of our young wings got better during the summer (or get step up during the season) it will be the difference between lottery and playoffs.

Brogdon is the guy that will step up, he is a two way player with high IQ and confident. He reminds me of a less athletic SG version of Kawhi Leonard although I'm pretty sure Brogs shot is much better than when Kawhi was a rookie.

I really want to see if Brogdon can be developed into an Avery Bradley type of player.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#157 » by Fotis St » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:21 am

Let's play BIG

PG Delly
SG Jabari
SF Giannis
PF Thon
C Plumlee

Let's play small

PG Delly 6'4
SG MCW 6'6
SF Jabari 6'9
PF Giannis 6'11
C Thon 7'1

Imagine we start BIG and then with one substitution (Plumlee out - MCW in ), we go small ...

We have the tallest "small" lineup in NBA History
Could be the fastest lineup in the league
Let's speed up the game
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#158 » by bucksfansince88 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:46 pm

sad to see that everyone here has given up on Rashad, Im really thinking that he will seize this opportunity and perform well overall
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#159 » by Fotis St » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:48 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:sad to see that everyone here has given up on Rashad, Im really thinking that he will seize this opportunity and perform well overall

Rashad looks like his given up for himself. It's not his fault mainly. I think having as his mentor OJ Mayo is the worst thing happened for him. I don't know if he learned bad habits from OJ, but man, he is playing so loose, too laid back, no fire in him. In SL he was almost trash... his FG% was like 32 or something. I hope he does perform well, if he does not, he will not be an NBA player next summer.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#160 » by bizarro » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Fotis St wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:sad to see that everyone here has given up on Rashad, Im really thinking that he will seize this opportunity and perform well overall

Rashad looks like his given up for himself. It's not his fault mainly. I think having as his mentor OJ Mayo is the worst thing happened for him. I don't know if he learned bad habits from OJ, but man, he is playing so loose, too laid back, no fire in him. In SL he was almost trash... his FG% was like 32 or something. I hope he does perform well, if he does not, he will not be an NBA player next summer.

This is make or break for Vaughn. Unfortunately, he's coming in broken.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks