ImageImage

General Mood and Expectations this upcoming season

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Where are you at for this upcoming season?

Optimistic, I think we are a top 4 seed in the East
6%
Optimistic, I think we are a 5-8 seed in the East
53%
Optimistic, I think we miss the playoffs
9%
Neutral, I think we make the playoffs
12%
Neutral, I think we miss the playoffs
11%
Pessimistic, I think we make the playoffs
5%
Pessimistic, I think we miss the playoffs
4%

Total votes: 95

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Re: General Mood and Expectations this upcoming season 

Post#21 » by LUKE23 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:45 am

Like the starting five assuming Delly and Plumlee start. Bench is a mess until Monroe is moved. Do think we make the playoffs but the pieces as of today don't fit great off the bench. 44 wins.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#22 » by bucksfansince88 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:50 am

Optimistic! big expectations for MAP, im thinking 5th or 6th seed
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#23 » by RiotPunch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:14 am

My optimism is neutral after an underwhelming offseason. Some things never change.

Still excited though, because AMP will be good enough to get us into the Playoffs.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#24 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:15 am

I think we'll be right around where we ended last season.
Do it for Chuck
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#25 » by AussieBuck » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:14 am

Me every year around this time: "I'll wait until they finish making moves and the roster makes sense, then I'll make my prediction"

So yeah I'm still pretending there is MTC.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#26 » by bizarro » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:14 am

I'm completely neutral and think we have enough to sneak into the playoffs. I love our core 3. I loved the Delly and Mirza signings. If Brogdon finds his shot I love his game. Thon appeared two years away from any considerations. I can not look past the loss of Powell, an additional 2017 1st, and the opportunity to draft and develop a McCaw/Cornelie level player. I just can't.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#27 » by Fotis St » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:24 am

Neutral, 7th seed 44W.

+Thon Maker
+Dellavedova
+Telletovic
+Resign Plumlee

-Plumlee's overpaid 4 year contract. Pair it with Henson's contract and I tell you from now that till summer 2020, Bucks can't compete for a champioship and wasted 3 years from Giannis new contract. At summer 2020 Giannis will have 2 years remaining and I see the same movie played in Oklahoma starring Durant, will be repeated in Milwaukee. Unless the Core 3 explodes like off the charts level.
No room for Thon Maker to grow, Plumlee(4),Henson(4),Teletovic(3),Giannis(6) multiyear rotation on PF/C.
-Vaughn in SL
-No D-League team still
-No backup SF (rotate our core with backup SF duties, I hate it)
-Not signing cheap Euro's - International's or wait for other team's waivers and signed Terry and Novak
-selling 2nd round pick for money (P. McCaw-Warriors)

Most importantly this offseason I kind of lost my trust to Hammond and Jason Kidd.

To Hammond cause he is really bad in contract deals and in trades. He is good on draft picks.

To Kidd cause it seems like he is not surrounded by good assistants. I read in an article that our set plays are not good and don't match our talent. Both offense and defense we need to change things. Kidd, developing two of the best talents in NBA is something that he needed help, I didn't like the forbidden 3pt issue at all, and we still live with the results of that move.
I wish Larry Drew was back at least as an assistant, or get a Greek assistant coach for defensive sets training. Popovich himself hired the Italian Mesina 2 years ago, for fresh ideas, we need that too. Kidd settles too much, he has the chance to change this team to a contender and he must get the best available personnel around him.

So from players to coaching staff to Hammond, to owners ... bitter and sweet, pros and cons ... result my neutral stance.
But we will have fun and I am super excited to see our Core 3 and Thon grow.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#28 » by freewhitemoon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:44 am

I kind of agree with Fotis on this.... some of the moves made this offseason really killed my optimism for this team long term. They made some win now moves and even then the team isn't a lock for the playoffs. I think we can make 8th seed but that requires some leaps by Jabari and Giannis
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#29 » by Nightfall » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:49 am

Moderately optimistic

:lol:

PS:Voted for 5-8 Seed
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#30 » by 3Diamantidis » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:52 am

If monroe was no longer a part of the team i would be superexcited.
And certain for a 5-8 seed.
Now i am positive but i look at the other teams at Central as well.
Everybody seem better than last season.
Cavs is out of the question.
Pacers had the best offseason than everybody.
Pistons seem solid.
The bulls are a questionmark but they certainly have quality players and it's all a matter of chemistry and roles for them.

I truly hope that plumlee will rise for the occasion. That henson will be solid as back up and that maker will prove everybody wrong and that he will provide solid minutes. I don't want to see monroe playing.

Dellavedova, teletovic and terry are all signings i like. They can shoot.
MCW, brogdon, ennis, vaughn must offer something in every game. Anything. The team has not got the luxury of bad nights form the bench.
Hopefully the team will stay healthy, giannis will make the only leap that is left(superstar), middleton will prove that he is the most valuable player of the team and that jabari will be the scorer we are all expecting him to be.

I don't know if the bucks will make the playoffs. That's the truth. If they don't make it though, at least we'll know if the Trio is the one that will lead the team in the future. It's a year of proofs.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#31 » by Prince12 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:05 am

Voted optimistic but miss the playoffs. I like the additions of Delly and Telly could be handy but our bench is just terrible and i just have zero expectations for the Henson and don't see any reason to feel any different.
Monroe still being on the roster at this point sucks and MCW still seems to really have no role here but time will tell.

Obviously the young trio are as exciting as any under 25 three in the league but i just have doubts at their age they are able to carry us to any great heights despite the expectation they will play some seriously entertaining and exciting ball together.

Cant wait to see Thon and Brogdon out on the court and hopefully playing well. Overall i just can't wait for the season to start i just don't think we have done enough with the bench at this point to expect a great leap and the east is actually pretty deep these days so grabbing one of those last playoff spots would be a great effort.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Douggystyle29
Junior
And1: 37

Post#32 » by Douggystyle29 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:52 am

As always I am really excited for the season to start. I still don't like how the pieces fit but it's better than last year IMO. I'm actually really excited to see Thon play. I think he is going to be further along than we thought minus strength issues. I have a feeling Jabari is going to find his shooting stroke and is going to be really fun to watch. I'm actually excited to see Monroe still on the team. I think he deserves more than just one year to see how he can fit onto this team and to hopefully encourage other bigger name free agents to give the Bucks a try. I just hope that if things are not working by mid season we go into hardcore tank mode. I still think we need at least one more high draft pick, hopefully top 5. My predictions for the east this year.
1. Cleveland
2. Toronto
3. Detroit
4. Atlanta
5. Indiana
6. New York
7. Boston
8. Washington
9. Milwaukee
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#33 » by Beorn » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:29 am

39 wins, 9/10th seed. Sorry fellas, I 've no trust in the FO or Kidd,and I don't like our Centers at all
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#34 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:04 pm

cautiously optimistic.

1. MAP will likely improve further
2. Our C's are still weak but their role will be diminished because of MAP improving and because Mirza & Delly will take a lot of touches and usage
3. Mirza & Delly are actually pretty good at what we want them to do
4. We only need one of Ennis/Vaughn/MCW/Brogdon to become an average NBA player to have a better bench than last year.

Not idea how many of the above will actually happen, but they're probably worth 2-4 wins each
and they all look possible
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#35 » by Badgerlander » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:18 pm

about 4 more wins than last year
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#36 » by emunney » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Can't really ascribe my general mood to just the coming season. I'm excited for the season to start but depressed that the overall outlook isn't nearly as bright as it should be given the top 3 guys.

I think we're about .500 and miss the playoffs.

With perfect health, we make it.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#37 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:34 pm

I view this as probably the most talented Bucks team in my lifetime. No, that's not hyperbole and I do put the core of Giannis/Parker/Middleton over Cassel/Ray/Big Dog. Obviously, I'm not talking about straight wins and losses, and the problem is that the vast majority of our most important talent hasn't even hit its prime yet (Giannis, Parker, Thon, Middleton).

My minimum, baseline expectation is 42 wins. Whether or not that number gets us in the playoffs (it wouldn't last year) doesn't matter to me as much as at least reaching that win total. Call it a symbolic goal, but a modest improvement after only winning 33 games and getting that first winning season in 6 years is a realistic approach. I'm not banking on it, but just like I said last year, it wouldn't surprise me if the team came out and challenged for 48-50 wins, because I truly believe this core can break out at any time, with last season's post-ASB being a little taste of what's to come.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,934

Post#38 » by Perishable517 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:50 pm

Optimistic, top 4. I don't think we higher than 3 but 3 is absolutely in play for this team.

I believe they are ready to take that step. The identity feels like it has been set at the end of the season last year. Pieces gathered make sense (to me).

I'm GEEKED!
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#39 » by Prez » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:50 pm

I don't understand the people who think team does only as well or just barely better than last year. I see a significant improvement coming, and I also hated selling the 38th pick, overpaying Plumlee, signing Novak, not being able to find a suitable trade for Monroe, etc. All negatives considered we're still in position to improve by at least ~8 wins imo. I can't see this team winning in the 30s unless we get destroyed by injuries. I think even if we brought back the exact same roster from last year, we improve by at least 6-8 wins purely by internal development, mostly by MAP.

Replacing turds like Bayless, Mayo, Vasquez, JOB, etc with Delly, Teletovic, Brogdon, Maker...some improvement to one or more of Ennis, Vaughn, MCW, Henson...MAP on the verge of exploding...hungrier, bit more experienced team all around...I think we easily crack 40, I think we end up around 44ish, possibly more.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,020

Post#40 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:16 pm

Very Optimistic and excited. Im thinking around 3rd seed to 6th seed at worst.
Giannis and Jabari will literally dominate anyone and then youl have Middleton,Delly and Teletovic sniping whoever is left alive.
I also very much like Brogdon, i get the feeling he can contribute right away for some reason.
Our Bench looks much better and hopefully less injured during the season.

If our defense is at least decent the i find hard to see many teams beating us.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks