ImageImage

2017 NBA Draft Thread - Lotto watch? MAYBE.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Re: 2017 NBA Draft Thread - Lotto watch? MAYBE. 

Post#1981 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 6, 2017 7:03 pm

So for those that think Ball's dad won't be an issue, what do you make of Lonzo's agent working for Lavar's Business "Ball Sports Group"?

Lonzo Ball has signed with Harrison Gaines to be his agent.

Ball will be Gaines' first NBA client. Gaines will be responsible for Ball’s future NBA contracts and team negotiations as a member of the Ball Sports Group.

Ball could complete a unique shoe deal in the coming months because his representatives plan to pursue a major-company partner for the family brand, as opposed to a standard endorsement contract.

Ball is expected to be a top-2 pick in the upcoming draft.

Spoiler:
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1982 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 8:12 pm

What's the lowest pick you guys would take for Jabari? Doesn't have to be this year's draft.
Do it for Chuck
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,708

Post#1983 » by emunney » Thu Apr 6, 2017 8:43 pm

More interested in exploring trade opportunities for our pick. Are there players I've liked on rookies contracts whose teams are looking for a reset? Could Phoenix be enticed to move Bender (would take more than our pick, obviously)? How does Toronto feel about Poeltl? Tyus Jones? Malik Beasley? There are some good young players out there who don't have obvious paths on the teams they're on and who could fit really well here. I'd want to see what's possible there.

I'm not super interested in trading Jabari. It would have to be a draft day trade for a player I really wanted, not just for a pick.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#1984 » by Gam » Thu Apr 6, 2017 8:43 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:What's the lowest pick you guys would take for Jabari? Doesn't have to be this year's draft.

In this draft 8th.
MilHammer
Bench Warmer
And1: 713

Re: RE: Re: 2017 NBA Draft Thread - Lotto watch? MAYBE. 

Post#1985 » by MilHammer » Thu Apr 6, 2017 9:04 pm

emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Doesn't seem to be a lot of tape on him yet but Rodions Kurucs kinda reminds me of Rodney Hood. Wouldn't be opposed to a draft & stash scenario with a guy like him or Hartenstein.

Interesting comparison, I can see it.

Yeah the Hood comparison passes the eye test for me. Im on board. Hartenstein, Ferguson and Kurucs in that order for me please
MilHammer
Bench Warmer
And1: 713

Post#1986 » by MilHammer » Thu Apr 6, 2017 9:05 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:What's the lowest pick you guys would take for Jabari? Doesn't have to be this year's draft.

All depends who is on the board, if we're making a draft day trade. I'd probably say somewhere around 8 too.
Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#1987 » by Gam » Thu Apr 6, 2017 9:19 pm

we're about to need a new thread
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,661

Post#1988 » by chonestown » Thu Apr 6, 2017 9:20 pm

M-C-G wrote:So for those that think Ball's dad won't be an issue, what do you make of Lonzo's agent working for Lavar's Business "Ball Sports Group"?

Ball will be Gaines' first NBA client. Gaines will be responsible for Ball’s future NBA contracts and team negotiations as a member of the Ball Sports Group.

Ball could complete a unique shoe deal in the coming months because his representatives plan to pursue a major-company partner for the family brand, as opposed to a standard endorsement contract.

Spoiler:

Not a concern.

LeBron had his childhood friends working as his representation out of school. Personally, I wouldn't want to employ an agent or agency without a track record, but that's immaterial to how I view him as a prospect.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,767

Post#1989 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Apr 6, 2017 9:48 pm

emunney wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Hope Dorsey enters.

Yeah, been thinking about this. My thought is that if you'd be down with taking Monk in the top half of the lotto, Dorsey outside the lotto makes a lot of sense for the same reasons. I'd be into it.

Probably would be the only guy that sticks out to me at our pick.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,708

Post#1990 » by emunney » Thu Apr 6, 2017 10:57 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
emunney wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Hope Dorsey enters.

Yeah, been thinking about this. My thought is that if you'd be down with taking Monk in the top half of the lotto, Dorsey outside the lotto makes a lot of sense for the same reasons. I'd be into it.

Well he's a real shooter. I think you can justify that where we're picking even if it ends up he's Boobie Gibson. I'm trying to track down a few more full games of Kurucs and figuring out what's up with his knees, but he seems like a pretty good option to me along with Leaf. Would still prefer to trade up for Patton, who I maintain is the home run swing we should be trying to take.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1991 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Apr 6, 2017 11:11 pm

emunney wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
emunney wrote:

Well he's a real shooter. I think you can justify that where we're picking even if it ends up he's Boobie Gibson. I'm trying to track down a few more full games of Kurucs and figuring out what's up with his knees, but he seems like a pretty good option to me along with Leaf. Would still prefer to trade up for Patton, who I maintain is the home run swing we should be trying to take.

I think Jarrett Allen would be the guy I try to trade up for.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Post#1992 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 6, 2017 11:13 pm

chonestown wrote:
M-C-G wrote:So for those that think Ball's dad won't be an issue, what do you make of Lonzo's agent working for Lavar's Business "Ball Sports Group"?

Spoiler:

Not a concern.

LeBron had his childhood friends working as his representation out of school. Personally, I wouldn't want to employ an agent or agency without a track record, but that's immaterial to how I view him as a prospect.

Lebron is the poster child for his friends being an organizational distraction and if he wasn't Lebron he would be cautionary tale about the danger of having too many people involved in the brand of a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#1993 » by mattg » Thu Apr 6, 2017 11:34 pm

It's going to take people a long time to realize that LeBron is literally the biggest outlier ever in league history in terms of how he was able to become so insanely successful despite his circumstances. Aside from his on court talents, everything else was set up for him to fail and fail absolutely miserably. No one should be pointing to his example and saying "hey it worked for LBJ"
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1994 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Apr 7, 2017 1:22 am

So who you got with pick 14 :reporter:.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,657

Post#1995 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Apr 7, 2017 11:41 am

LaVar Ball blamed Lonzo Ball's White teammates for their loss to Kentucky…you can't have your family members blasting your teammates. It's ridiculous Lonzo hasn't distanced himself from this clown.
janmagn
Starter
And1: 341

Post#1996 » by janmagn » Fri Apr 7, 2017 11:50 am

BroncoBuck wrote:LaVar Ball blamed Lonzo Ball's White teammates for their loss to Kentucky…you can't have your family members blasting your teammates. It's ridiculous Lonzo hasn't distanced himself from this clown.

And that's racist

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Return to Milwaukee Bucks