Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Re: Center Trade Watch 

Post#461 » by M-C-G » Thu Dec 1, 2016 12:30 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Is this serious? Boston hasn't been able to amass anything with all those first, with the dude from this year being a TBD.

I mean they are outright cutting first round draft picks like Hunter that they couldn't even move for a future 2nd. They attempted at landing a star by consolidating assets, but haven't been able to get a deal, and each time those picks go from future 1st to Terry Rozier, RJ Hunter, Young, etc. they immediately depreciate like a new car driving off the lot in a hail storm.

You do realize this strategy go them KG, Allen, and a title a few years ago, right?

Somehow in your world, having a top-4 team in the East with 3 top-5 picks in a row, 2 of them not even used yet, isn't good gm work. Words fail me. It will work out for them. Ainge knows what he's doing.

I never said he was a bad GM. I said he hasn't amassed any talent with the bounty of first he has had and hasn't been able to turn that into a premium player. How is this debatable pending the outcome of Brown?

His other moves were swell, but Smart, Young, Olynyk, Zeller, Sullinger, Rozier, Hunter are all nothings in terms of game changing talent. People on this board would crucify Ainge if he was our GM based on that draft history. Everything else, yeah that is where he excels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Center Trade Watch 

Post#462 » by drone3 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:23 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
drone3 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Yep, Moose opts out and we roll with a very reasonable center rotation next year of Noel, Henson, Thon. 3 guys that fit AND make a lot of sense.

Noel, Henson, Thon would all fit but that rotation is lacking diversity. Who's going to defend the Dwight Howards?

Who is on the list of Dwight Howards? That's a dying breed. We need someone to defend the Porzingisisis. Even Brook Lopez and Marc Gasol think they're Steph Curry now.

Big men are clearly trending to the perimeter, that's obvious. My point is there will always be guys like Howard, Gasol, Whiteside, Drummond, Okafor, Moose, Hibbert that could just pulverize the lanky skinny guys like Noel, Thon , Henson. Surely you want 1 out of your 3 centers to be able to box and defend these giants out.
Douggystyle29
Junior
And1: 37

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Center Trade Watch 

Post#463 » by Douggystyle29 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:50 am

drone3 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
drone3 wrote:Noel, Henson, Thon would all fit but that rotation is lacking diversity. Who's going to defend the Dwight Howards?

Who is on the list of Dwight Howards? That's a dying breed. We need someone to defend the Porzingisisis. Even Brook Lopez and Marc Gasol think they're Steph Curry now.

Big men are clearly trending to the perimeter, that's obvious. My point is there will always be guys like Howard, Gasol, Whiteside, Drummond, Okafor, Moose, Hibbert that could just pulverize the lanky skinny guys like Noel, Thon , Henson. Surely you want 1 out of your 3 centers to be able to box and defend these giants out.

Right on. We need at least one physical center. An athletic shot blocker, who out muscles the opponents for easy dunks and put backs and some semblance of a post up game. I keep saying this but I think Bam Adebayo would be perfect for us. He would be a little undersized at center but I think he is physical and athletic enough to guard most centers well. He is a Dwight Howard 2.0 IMO. I think Giannis and maybe even Thon is our answer to defend the Porziningis types. If Shaq was in the league today in his prime he would still dominate. There will always be a place for physical centers in the league IMO.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#464 » by M-C-G » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:26 pm

No idea who Inquistir is

Inquisitr reported that Dallas is in need of a quality center that can "score and rebound" and, despite Monroe's current playing time struggles in Milwaukee, the former Georgetown standout is showing that he is still reliable to play that role.

The Mavericks are currently at the bottom of the Western Conference standings with a 4-15 record with main man Dirk Nowitzki struggling with injuries. New acquisitions Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut are playing well despite the losses, but Dallas is reportedly looking to trade the latter and his expiring contract in or before the February trade deadline.

The trade scenario being suggested is the Mavs should send Bogut and point guard Devin Harris to the Bucks in exchange for Monroe and a future second-round draft pick. The problem with this deal is both Bogut and Harris are injury-prone players and Milwaukee will definitely think twice before acquiring both of them.

Read more: http://www.asiastarz.com/articles/17164/20161205/nba-trade-rumors-bucks-still-shopping-greg-monroe-mavericks-pelicans.htm#ixzz4S0NiHsMd
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#465 » by Jez2983 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:23 pm

Day 39:

I'm sure Hammy is working the phones pretty hard on this one.

Who has that jpeg?
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#466 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:07 am

Yea, this thread can die. A year late, but Monroe and Henson have been ideal.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#467 » by AussieBuck » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:09 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Yea, this thread can die. A year late, but Monroe and Henson have been ideal.

Trade em all and run with Bogut/Giannis and Thon at the 5.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#468 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:12 am

AussieBuck wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Yea, this thread can die. A year late, but Monroe and Henson have been ideal.

Trade em all and run with Bogut/Giannis and Thon at the 5.

Nah, I'd rather have Henson. Move Monroe if you get an offer, but even he's been good in this role.

Plumlee is a sunk cost.
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#469 » by Jez2983 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:21 am

You're joking, right? 50 mill tied up in 3 players?

I agree Henson has been better lately, and Monroe has been very good off the bench, but we've done a lot to tie a hand behind our back for any potential FA moves.

I'm not convinced about Snell but we're going to clearly need a backup/spot starter to go with Middleton. Our C position will clearly hamper this ability going forward.

Or what happens if we're stuck with Henson and Plumlee as our rotation next year?

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#470 » by Jez2983 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:22 am

I was actually going to comment that Bogut has done something to his knee. Options?

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#471 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:23 am

Jez2983 wrote:

I agree Henson has been better lately, and Monroe has been very good off the bench, but we've done a lot to tie a hand behind our back for any potential FA moves.

I'm not convinced about Snell but we're going to clearly need a backup/spot starter to go with Middleton. Our C position will clearly hamper this ability going forward.

Or what happens if we're stuck with Henson and Plumlee as our rotation next year?

If you think Monroe opts out then what does it matter what we're paying these guys $50 million total. If you think he opts in then it doesn't matter if Plumlee is around because the rotation is Monroe and Henson.
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#472 » by Jez2983 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:26 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

If you think Monroe opts out then what does it matter what we're paying these guys $50 million total. If you think he opts in then it doesn't matter if Plumlee is around because the rotation is Monroe and Henson.

So how do we sign a backup for Mids? Who will be the off-bench scorer?

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#473 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:30 am

Jez2983 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

Use an exception, bring back Beasley and/or Snell, give Vaughn minutes, use 2017 draft picks.

If you trade Henson you open up a monster hole when Monroe leaves. Plumlee has no value and apparently the market isn't there for Monroe or he would have been traded.
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#474 » by Jez2983 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:37 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Use an exception, bring back Beasley and/or Snell, give Vaughn minutes, use 2017 draft picks.

If you trade Henson you open up a monster hole when Monroe leaves. Plumlee has no value and apparently the market isn't there for Monroe or he would have been traded.

Frankly this thread was always as much about the incompetence of Hammond as it was about trading the C's. He's created a problem that I'm unsure how we get out of. Plumlee's a dead weight, Henson could return to being Henson at any moment and Monroe may not be so motivated next year.

Maybe we resign Snell but I doubt we could have Beasley back. As for our recent and future draft picks, it's really hard to say at this point what Kidd will do with them.

tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#475 » by tski1972 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 5:18 am

I've reached the point where I'm willing to attach a lottery protected 1st to Plums just to get rid of him.

I know Matthews name has been brought up over the last week or so, something like Plums/'18 lotto protected 1st (and maybe Vaughn) for Matthews and the protection taken off the Dallas '18 2nd round pick?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#476 » by bigkurty » Tue Dec 6, 2016 5:26 am

I mean Monroe has to opt out right? He is playing well. And every year there is so much money to spend. If Evan Turner or Mozgov or Plumlee can get what they got, someone will throw him the same money or more over another 3-4 year.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#477 » by leroyjw10 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 10:08 pm

Henson's play since taking over as the starting center has been pleasantly surprising. Traditional stats say 15.5 ppg, 9.6 rpg and 3.3 bpg (on 54% shooting, 81% from the line) per 36 as the starter. Not sure what the advanced stats say, but I'd guess they're far better as a starter than a reserve.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#478 » by M-C-G » Wed Dec 7, 2016 10:14 pm

bigkurty wrote:I mean Monroe has to opt out right? He is playing well. And every year there is so much money to spend. If Evan Turner or Mozgov or Plumlee can get what they got, someone will throw him the same money or more over another 3-4 year.

We are torpedoing his value every time he gets less than 20 minutes a game. I think it is far more likely he opts in and his agent tries to force a trade, because if the market was there, I would have assumed someone would have taken him on already and he wouldn't be on our roster.

I like the idea of finding a way to make the Plumlee for Mathews thing work, get Monroe enough playing time to ensure he opts out and basically hit the reset button at the C position with Henson and Thon there. I've been saying for a while that Henson was the right center for this team all along and great to see he is starting to play like it.

Ideally, I would want to pair him with another 20 minute per night guy on a one or two year deal, unless they think Thon is capable of 20 mpg next year.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#479 » by bigkurty » Wed Dec 7, 2016 10:34 pm

M-C-G wrote:
bigkurty wrote:I mean Monroe has to opt out right? He is playing well. And every year there is so much money to spend. If Evan Turner or Mozgov or Plumlee can get what they got, someone will throw him the same money or more over another 3-4 year.

We are torpedoing his value every time he gets less than 20 minutes a game. I think it is far more likely he opts in and his agent tries to force a trade, because if the market was there, I would have assumed someone would have taken him on already and he wouldn't be on our roster.

I like the idea of finding a way to make the Plumlee for Mathews thing work, get Monroe enough playing time to ensure he opts out and basically hit the reset button at the C position with Henson and Thon there. I've been saying for a while that Henson was the right center for this team all along and great to see he is starting to play like it.

Ideally, I would want to pair him with another 20 minute per night guy on a one or two year deal, unless they think Thon is capable of 20 mpg next year.

Totally agree we need to keep playing him more. Plus most night he is actually helping the team win.

What is this Plumlee for Matthews thing? Is it a thing. Yeah, lets do that if that is a thing.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#480 » by M-C-G » Wed Dec 7, 2016 10:40 pm

bigkurty wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Totally agree we need to keep playing him more. Plus most night he is actually helping the team win.

What is this Plumlee for Matthews thing? Is it a thing. Yeah, lets do that if that is a thing.

They are pretty asset starved and haven't been much of a recruiting franchise lately. I still think if we did something around Plumlee, Monoroe, pick (maybe Vaughn), there would be a way to turn that into Bogut and Mathews for us, Plumlee, Vaughn, pick, Diallo, Evans for Dallas. That is a pretty decent win now trade pending protection on that pick.

It'd mean we are out Snell I would guess next year, but I think Mathews should be good in that back up SG / SF role as our designated 3 pt shooter.

Roll the rest of this year with;
PG: Delly, Brog Dog, Jet (or try to work Devin Harris back in the deal)
SG: Mathews, Snell, (Midds)
SF: Parker, Beasley
PF: Giannis, Mirza, Novak
C: Henson, Bogut, Thon

Bogut, Brog, Snell could offset Beasley and Mirza (or maybe even getting Thon some burn). Just seems like something that could work for everyone.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks