ImageImage

PG Thread (Kings)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Re: PG Thread (Kings) 

Post#141 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Nov 6, 2016 3:02 pm

RIP to the overly popular idea of tanking. This is a good team that will continue to get better.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,143

Post#142 » by JEIS » Sun Nov 6, 2016 3:21 pm

Chapter29 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:5th best offense in the league. 9th best team by SRS.

Per36:
Giannis 24/9/7/2/2 60TS%
Jabari 21/7/3 58TS%
Delly 10/4/7 60TS%

Not a bad makeshift big three. :)

I remember all the years on here we wished TJ and later Brandon Jennings could develop a floater. Delly's got a floater. Form looks awful but he's lethal with it.

It kind of freaks me out when he tosses up that floater and then it goes with really nice touch on it. Initially it looks awful.

Agree. I have those same moments as well. I attribute the feeling to ptsd from years of watching Brandon Jennings floaters and missed lay up shots.
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#143 » by imithanos » Sun Nov 6, 2016 3:28 pm

Time to open the Dallas game thread!!!!
No hay banda.
JEIS
Assistant Coach

Post#144 » by JEIS » Sun Nov 6, 2016 3:35 pm

Whatever happened after game two... or whatever was changed or implemented is pretty amazing... completely different results. Whomever changed what should get a raise. We were horrible and clueless the first two games. Now It is almost like they took the nzt pill from the movie limitless. Just playing a lot smarter and the shots are so much easier.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#145 » by M-C-G » Sun Nov 6, 2016 3:42 pm

Milbuck wrote:Your 2016-17 Milwaukee Bucks!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sheesh, Anthony Randolph 2.0 IMO
JEIS
Assistant Coach

Post#146 » by JEIS » Sun Nov 6, 2016 3:54 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:RIP to the overly popular idea of tanking. This is a good team that will continue to get better.

Yeah... when your offense is scoring 115-120 points a game. The tank runs out of gas real quick.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#147 » by M-C-G » Sun Nov 6, 2016 4:00 pm

JEIS wrote:Whatever happened after game two... or whatever was changed or implemented is pretty amazing... completely different results. Whomever changed what should get a raise. We were horrible and clueless the first two games. Now It is almost like they took the nzt pill from the movie limitless. Just playing a lot smarter and the shots are so much easier.

Game 1-3
Avg 3PM 5
Avg 3PA 18
27%

Game 4-6
Avg 3PM 12
Avg 3PA 30
39%

Honestly, Snell has aligned a lot of issues with our rotations. Brog Dog (as some expected) is ready to be a major part of the rotation day 1. But having a guy that can be dangerous and stretch the court like Jabari did and then Mirza did really opens things up all over.

Just a lot of fun to watch right now. And it's great that at least for now we can put the tank talk on hold, even though we have played some **** teams, at least people are seeing glimpses of good Snell, good Vaughn, good Jabari, good Mirza, top 10 Giannis, good Moose, etc. Lots of positive glimpses going on and still so damn young.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#148 » by buckbeer » Sun Nov 6, 2016 4:00 pm

6 games in and the Bucks already have 2 blowout victories, a sign of a good team. And the team will get even better than Middleton returns.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Kings) 

Post#149 » by vegaspacker » Sun Nov 6, 2016 4:01 pm

JEIS wrote:Whatever happened after game two... or whatever was changed or implemented is pretty amazing... completely different results. Whomever changed what should get a raise. We were horrible and clueless the first two games. Now It is almost like they took the nzt pill from the movie limitless. Just playing a lot smarter and the shots are so much easier.

It's almost like the Bucks realgm has morphed into a SOB blueprint for Kidd and LED.

We dogged MCW so hard... And he's gone.

We begged for more outside shooting, especially from Parker... And he's doing it.

We have been super anti Henson, and he is soft Charmin towel waving.

Clamoring for some Thon, and it's fappinening.

Pulling for Plums to be pulled, and he's growing his beard again.

Living in an alternative universe, but our group think positive submissions for success have had an overwhelming impact.

Hammond is having a great run, Kidd seems to be malleable to new things. The young athletes are playing young man's ball. Ball stopping offense has stopped, and transition play is in Vogue.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,645

Post#150 » by chonestown » Sun Nov 6, 2016 4:29 pm

When Giannis makes dunk shots, that is a thing I like.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#151 » by har13 » Sun Nov 6, 2016 4:36 pm

vegaspacker wrote:

It's almost like the Bucks realgm has morphed into a SOB blueprint for Kidd and LED.

We begged for more outside shooting, especially from Parker... And he's doing it.

Living in an alternative universe, but our group think positive submissions for success have had an overwhelming impact.

Hammond is having a great run, Kidd seems to be malleable to new things. The young athletes are playing young man's ball. Ball stopping offense has stopped, and transition play is in Vogue.

Giannis shooting is terrible,he must start making 3s or Bucks must trade him... :D
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#152 » by Shaffty » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:06 pm

vegaspacker wrote:

maybe....... the things we complain about.... are just obvious things anyone with a brain about basketball would think?
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,348

Post#153 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:15 pm

I'm convinced these guys can be a playoff team. Upwards of 6th seed even. I know these have been scrub teams, but we used to lose these games or nearly give them away.

The team looks like a unity, care about each other, and want to win. Giannis wants multiple championships and he wants them now.

Kidd's rotations are greatly improved.

There will be some off nights, but this team looks like a playoff team.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,637

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Kings) 

Post#154 » by emunney » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:31 pm

Shaffty wrote:
vegaspacker wrote:

maybe....... the things we complain about.... are just obvious things anyone with a brain about basketball would think?

Fair assessment.

<looks at Plumlee contract>

<looks at front office>
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#155 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:36 pm

Milbuck wrote:Your 2016-17 Milwaukee Bucks!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If he keeps the same rates and ups his minutes by 15%, you're talking 26 ppg, 10 rpg, 7.7 apg, 2 spg, and 2 bpg in 39 mpg.

That kind of math doesn't work for bench players and guys who have low minutes for a reason, but it's applicable to a guy like Giannis, who can clearly keep up that intensity for greater minutes and who could actually have even better stats by playing more minutes against second-stringers.

Amazing.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#156 » by Siefer » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:36 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:Just thinking ahead to next season:

Delly/Brogdon
Middleton/Vaughn
Jabari/Snell
Giannis/Teletovic
Thon/Monroe/Plumlee

That's a rotation I really, really feel good about. Get Henson's salary off the books somehow so we can re-sign Snell, try to find a quicker guard for bench depth that can be a microwave scorer (a Lou Will/Jennings/Bayless type) and I think you have something.

This version of Monroe is a huge asset, and likely earning himself a nice deal in FA. I'm not sure we can keep him, resign Snell, and extend Jabari, unfortunately.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#157 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:42 pm

Siefer wrote:

Delly/Brogdon
Middleton/Vaughn
Jabari/Snell
Giannis/Teletovic
Thon/Monroe/Plumlee

That's a rotation I really, really feel good about. Get Henson's salary off the books somehow so we can re-sign Snell, try to find a quicker guard for bench depth that can be a microwave scorer (a Lou Will/Jennings/Bayless type) and I think you have something.

This version of Monroe is a huge asset, and likely earning himself a nice deal in FA. I'm not sure we can keep him, resign Snell, and extend Jabari, unfortunately.

Yeah thats why I specified next year, assuming he opts in. If he plays well enough to feel comfortable opting out then I think we can live with that as well.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Kings) 

Post#158 » by Siefer » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:56 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Siefer wrote:

Delly/Brogdon
Middleton/Vaughn
Jabari/Snell
Giannis/Teletovic
Thon/Monroe/Plumlee

Yeah thats why I specified next year, assuming he opts in. If he plays well enough to feel comfortable opting out then I think we can live with that as well.

We may not be able to afford Snell if Monroe opts in.
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#159 » by Dobber-16 » Sun Nov 6, 2016 6:46 pm

It seems the attitude around here has softened up a bit due to a couple of nice wins.

But this board still has the Dr Jekyll-Mr Hyde personality.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#160 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Nov 6, 2016 6:48 pm

Dobber-16 wrote:It seems the attitude around here has softened up a bit due to a couple of nice wins.

But this board still has the Dr Jekyll-Mr Hyde personality.

And per usual, you have nothing to add other than talking about other posters.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks