ImageImage

PG Thread (Pelicans) - Bucks lose, BARI BREAKOUT PARTY!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Re: PG Thread (Pelicans) - Bucks lose, BARI BREAKOUT PARTY! 

Post#161 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:46 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Per 36.

GA: 22.6 points, 9.4 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.9 steals, 2.1 blocks, 3.3 TO, .563 TS, .282 USG, +11 Net Rating
JP: 22.0 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.0 steals, .4 blocks, 2.0 TO, .571 TS, .257 USG, +6 Net Rating

All that really matters right now. Love the efficiency on both so far at the volume they are scoring. You can probably push Jabari's USG up around .270-.280 as well.

Where are you getting those Net ratings? NBA.com has Giannis at +5.3, Parker at -3.5.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#162 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:52 pm

BB Ref has Parker at 113 O Rating, 107 D Rating, so not sure.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parkeja01.html
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#163 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:57 pm

I 100% understand this is probably another throwaway year and a good pick is probably the best but holy hell I'm sick of losing and being in a position where losing is the better option. It's a twisted relationship with these damn Bucks...
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#164 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:01 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
freewhitemoon wrote:Monroe's easily been our best center

That's not really saying much now is it? He's better on defense but he's gone back to being a black hole in the post.

Weird thing to say about a guy who's 5th in the league in assists for Centers, despite playing less than 30 MPG, and has a higher AST% than Marc Gasol....

Admittedly I wasn't completely clear, but I specified "in the post" because that's where his deficiency lies. When he's at the top of the key or facing up, he is a very very good passer. When he's in the low post it's a different story. He'll draw double-teams and not punish the other team for it by kicking it back out to the wide open shooter. He's not so dominant that he can afford to do this regularly.

He was a fine passer the first few games of the season even in low-post situations, but he went back to not being interested in passing it back out the last two games. It was the same way last year: he got his assists, but looking at where and when he gets those assists is important.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#165 » by har13 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:01 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
bizarro wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Missed this one but remain encouraged by Miles Plumlee's boxscores

Plumdog is a player that truly transcends the box score.

Chuck, you really missed it, he entered the 2nd half on a unicycle. Kidd ran out to disrupt the scene and, mistakenly, ran onto the floor with a Gatorade (TM) cup filled with ice water. Plumlee, in a daring move akin to a Circus bear in a pink tutu (we salute you, Miroslav), twirled ballerina-like into an improvisational jump-ball. The whistle blew. Kidd slammed into Plumlee's flaccid right tri-cep. The ice water burst forth everywhere. The game was paused for 8 minutes. Oh wait, I'm sorry, that was simply the Bucks playing defense for 3 quarters.

Thank you sir. This helped a little. Miroslav >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Henson>Plumlee.

Maybe he is but last year he was playing for my team in Greece and i can tell you that his defence was awful,better offense from both of them for sure but i can't imagine Miroslav trying to guard AD.
I' m Greek,patience is not in our vocabulary only passion,its not the best thing i know but i can't go against it..so fire Kidd and Hammond now.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#166 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:10 pm

You don't root for losses this year, but you should also be perfectly content with them so long as the team is playing competent basketball. The Middleton injury should have changed everyone's expectations.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#167 » by bigkurty » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:13 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Per 36.

GA: 22.6 points, 9.4 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.9 steals, 2.1 blocks, 3.3 TO, .563 TS, .282 USG, +11 Net Rating
JP: 22.0 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.0 steals, .4 blocks, 2.0 TO, .571 TS, .257 USG, +6 Net Rating

All that really matters right now. Love the efficiency on both so far at the volume they are scoring. You can probably push Jabari's USG up around .270-.280 as well.

Where are you getting those Net ratings? NBA.com has Giannis at +5.3, Parker at -3.5.

Just looking at the box scores, the team is +7 overall right now but -13 with Jabari on. The team is +30 with Giannis on. So the NBA.com stat appears to be more correct.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#168 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:15 pm

LUKE23 wrote:BB Ref has Parker at 113 O Rating, 107 D Rating, so not sure.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parkeja01.html

Yea, they estimate. NBA.com uses what's actually happening on the court. I stopped using BR for anything outside of boxscore stuff a couple years ago.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#169 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:You don't root for losses this year, but you should also be perfectly content with them so long as the team is playing competent basketball. The Middleton injury should have changed everyone's expectations.

I do. Or I guess more accurately I root for core players to play well, and for Kidd and non-core players to screw it up. If they win when Parker and Giannis play well I'm totally fine with it. But I'd rather lose a lot of games because our coach can't come up with a competent rotation.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#170 » by Siefer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:18 pm

I'm reasonably excited about our prospects moving forward, but with a notable asterisk. We've got a burgeoning top 10 player, and what's looking like two top 25 guys next to him. Add in Delly, Snell, and Brogdon as good role players at the guard spots, and the lottery ticket that is Thon. Most of the chaff (Terry, Beasley, Novak) isn't problematic long-term. Teletovic is a limited, but useful weapon on an okay deal. Monroe is still an awkward fit defensively, but a good player on a short deal. The real problem is is that we have ~$23 million per year locked up in the rotting corpses of Henson and Plumlee until 2020. This is going to start to kill us as early as next year.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#171 » by breakchains » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Two main takeaways for me in this game:

1) Jabari looked like a future superstar in this game.

2) Our defensive scheme is a total abomination. Everyone has figured it out, and it leaves all of our guys exposed. Straight trash and it infuriates me at this point.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#172 » by pifhluk23 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Plumlee needs to go back to his old hairstyle. And he needs to come off the bench where I think he will have more confidence.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#173 » by breakchains » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:38 pm

We need a real coach more than anything. Carlisle, Stevens, SVG, etc., would have this team looking much, much different.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#174 » by pifhluk23 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Siefer wrote:I'm reasonably excited about our prospects moving forward, but with a notable asterisk. We've got a burgeoning top 25 player, and what's looking like two top 50 guys next to him. .

Fixed. Lets not get carried away.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#175 » by trwi7 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:40 pm

breakchains wrote:We need a real coach more than anything. Carlisle, Stevens, SVG, etc., would have this team looking much, much different.

Just another reason why you don't hire your friends. If they're terrible, you kind of have to fire them but you wait way too long to do it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#176 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:54 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
Siefer wrote:I'm reasonably excited about our prospects moving forward, but with a notable asterisk. We've got a burgeoning top 25 player, and what's looking like two top 50 guys next to him. .

Giannis IS (conservatively) a top 25 player, right now, even with the warts in his game. I guess you think this is as good as it gets for him?
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Siefer
RealGM

Post#177 » by Siefer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:57 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:

Giannis IS a top 25 player, right now, even with the warts in his game. I guess you think this is as good as it gets for him?

I'd argue Giannis is probably top 15, or even top 10 right now. Middleton was already a top 25 player last season. Jabari's certainly not there yet, but I'm bullish. I think he's going to be an offensive wrecking ball for years.
Siefer
RealGM

Post#178 » by Siefer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:00 pm

breakchains wrote:Two main takeaways for me in this game:

1) Jabari looked like a future superstar in this game.

2) Our defensive scheme is a total abomination. Everyone has figured it out, and it leaves all of our guys exposed. Straight trash and it infuriates me at this point.

I'm not willing to say the scheme is awful in and of itself, but it's certainly not working here. Trapping and switching requires a high level of execution, and we're nowhere close to being able to pull it off. Jabari alone is reason enough to scrap the scheme if you plan on winning.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#179 » by DingleJerry » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:01 pm

I think he was saying Middleton wouldn't quite be top 25 and likely won't be. And that's ignoring that it's too early to call on Jabari
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#180 » by freewhitemoon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:09 pm

Middleton was around top 35 last season imo

Return to Milwaukee Bucks