ImageImage

Bucks Trade Ideas Thread - Part 3

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Dandridgefav
Junior
And1: 66

Re: Bucks Trade Ideas Thread - Part 3 

Post#561 » by Dandridgefav » Tue Dec 6, 2016 5:37 am

Matthews will age gracefully and though his skills will eventually gradually decline, he is the kind of veteran you want to keep around as a character guy, mentor and locker room leader that young teams need a couple of. BTT Matthews contract expires, the Bucks kids will have entered their prime and be playing for the title.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#562 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Dec 6, 2016 5:56 am

Lou Williams would've look awesome off our bench.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,587

Post#563 » by blazza18 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:30 am

Not sure about that. He's had an awful year for Phoenix.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#564 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Dec 6, 2016 9:50 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Lou Williams would've look awesome off our bench.

I feel like the two of us got yelled at for conjuring up Lou Williams trades all summer.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#565 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Dec 6, 2016 9:53 am

2017 first, Plumlee & Vaughn to Miami for Tyler Johnson, Rodney McGruder & Josh McRoberts.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#566 » by Jez2983 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 10:57 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Lou Williams would've look awesome off our bench.

I feel like the two of us got yelled at for conjuring up Lou Williams trades all summer.

We did alright getting Beasley (actual credit to Hammond) but he'll be gone next season so we need a spark plug. Oh no, we'll have no space due to opting-in Monroe and the Plumlee-shaped rock on our bench (oh no Hammond sucks again)
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Post#567 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:05 pm

Is there any way to get a combination of Bogut, Matthews, and Harris from the Mavs? it would help me relive my childhood and college years.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,560

Post#568 » by Matches Malone » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:07 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:2017 first, Plumlee & Vaughn to Miami for Tyler Johnson, Rodney McGruder & Josh McRoberts.

Are we talking protected 1st?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#569 » by raferfenix » Tue Dec 6, 2016 3:42 pm

If Bogut is really worth a first round pick I don't know if we end up with him -- a team only pays that if they want to resign him.

With all the centers on the market I'm not sure if that's really the case though, especially after he tweaked his knee yesterday.

The Dallas Mavericks have about a month to attempt to salvage their season, big man Andrew Bogut proclaimed over the weekend.

Unfortunately, it appears that Bogut will miss a significant chunk, if not all, of that time.

The good news: Bogut should be back in plenty of time for the Mavs to showcase the big man before the Feb. 23 trade deadline.

The bad news, at least for those who want the Mavs to be competitive this season: The injury probably increases the odds that Bogut will be dealt.

Owner Mark Cuban has made it clear that the Mavs won't soon "pull the plug" on the season. He has never been in a position to be on the seller side of the trade market, and it certainly isn't something he wants to put much thought into before the calendar flips to 2017.

However, it appears inevitable that it will be in the Mavs' best interest to make a future-minded deal or two. Their best chips are Bogut and Williams, a pair of veterans who have contracts that expire at the end of the season and are capable of helping contenders.

Team sources back up Cuban's public stance that the Mavs have no immediate intention of shopping their veterans who might have value on the trade market. Yet with the NBA's worst record, at 4-16, they aren't ruling out that possibility in a month or two.

"I'm just saying I'd rather get better than go backwards," Cuban said. "I'd rather be opportunistic. Because what's changed is, cap isn't going up $15-20 million like it was before. So teams may come to the realization and they might be willing to give off a really, really good player, if not a perennial All-Star, to get off the money. So I'd rather take that money and go that direction and get good fast."

The Mavs are far from good now, even with Bogut playing well. But he could still play a key role in the franchise's rebuilding process. First, however, the Mavs' front office must acknowledge that the process has already begun.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4706605/at-some-point-rebuilding-mavs-need-to-move-andrew-bogut
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#570 » by crkone » Tue Dec 6, 2016 3:53 pm

Henson for Bogut/Harris/future 1st :D

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: RE: Re: Bucks Trade Ideas Thread - Part 3 

Post#571 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Dec 6, 2016 4:14 pm

raferfenix wrote:If Bogut is really worth a first round pick I don't know if we end up with him -- a team only pays that if they want to resign him.

With all the centers on the market I'm not sure if that's really the case though, especially after he tweaked his knee yesterday.

The Dallas Mavericks have about a month to attempt to salvage their season, big man Andrew Bogut proclaimed over the weekend.

Unfortunately, it appears that Bogut will miss a significant chunk, if not all, of that time.

The good news: Bogut should be back in plenty of time for the Mavs to showcase the big man before the Feb. 23 trade deadline.

The bad news, at least for those who want the Mavs to be competitive this season: The injury probably increases the odds that Bogut will be dealt.

Owner Mark Cuban has made it clear that the Mavs won't soon "pull the plug" on the season. He has never been in a position to be on the seller side of the trade market, and it certainly isn't something he wants to put much thought into before the calendar flips to 2017.

However, it appears inevitable that it will be in the Mavs' best interest to make a future-minded deal or two. Their best chips are Bogut and Williams, a pair of veterans who have contracts that expire at the end of the season and are capable of helping contenders.

Team sources back up Cuban's public stance that the Mavs have no immediate intention of shopping their veterans who might have value on the trade market. Yet with the NBA's worst record, at 4-16, they aren't ruling out that possibility in a month or two.

"I'm just saying I'd rather get better than go backwards," Cuban said. "I'd rather be opportunistic. Because what's changed is, cap isn't going up $15-20 million like it was before. So teams may come to the realization and they might be willing to give off a really, really good player, if not a perennial All-Star, to get off the money. So I'd rather take that money and go that direction and get good fast."

The Mavs are far from good now, even with Bogut playing well. But he could still play a key role in the franchise's rebuilding process. First, however, the Mavs' front office must acknowledge that the process has already begun.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4706605/at-some-point-rebuilding-mavs-need-to-move-andrew-bogut

I wonder which really, really good players or perennial all-stars Cuban has in mind with that comment? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any team that would be dumping quality players due to payroll.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
raferfenix
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Bucks Trade Ideas Thread - Part 3 

Post#572 » by raferfenix » Tue Dec 6, 2016 5:41 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:I wonder which really, really good players or perennial all-stars Cuban has in mind with that comment? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any team that would be dumping quality players due to payroll.

I think Cuban is doing his best to negotiate through the press, but if the Mavs' season doesn't turn around quickly, I'm hoping we could take advantage.

Could definitely see Dallas wanting to roll the dice on Monroe and / or Henson.

Also they've never been afraid to take on what would appear to be a boat anchor contract, so the Mavs might be the most likely Plumlee destination too.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#573 » by raferfenix » Tue Dec 6, 2016 5:53 pm

Does Deron Williams really have trade value? From that ESPN piece:

Their best chips are Bogut and Williams, a pair of veterans who have contracts that expire at the end of the season and are capable of helping contenders.

Also this was from when Kidd was first announced as the Nets' coach...but still:

Deron Williams has long anticipated the opportunity to join forces with Jason Kidd, a man he considers an idol, mentor and close friend.

http://deronwilliams.com/2013/06/14/friend-and-mentor-jason-kidd-becomes-nets-coach/

We know Cuban often tries to keep big salary slots open for trading purposes, so even if Bogut and Williams don't end up having much more than "Monroe or Plumlee or Henson" kind of value, Cuban still might want to deal them.

Monroe + Plumlee for Bogut + Williams + Harris works salary wise...though Dallas would be left real thin in the back court, even if we were to put Vaughn or Terry in there.

JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,122

Post#574 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:15 pm

I want nothing to do with the 3 players on the left and I'd still make that trade.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#575 » by crkone » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:26 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:I want nothing to do with the 3 players on the left and I'd still make that trade.

I agree but it's not realistic. I think a Harris/Bogut/maybe a future protected 1st for Henson could actually happen. Clears room for Thon (if we cut Bogut), clears up the logjam in the front court, and makes Plumlee the only long term salary at C. That Henson salary being cleared will really help. I'm just going to assume no one wants Plumlee so I wouldn't include him in the trade.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Post#576 » by M-C-G » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:51 pm

That Clippers first would maybe be enough to get someone to take the Plumlord...good thing we lit it on fire for a guy that is now out of the league. Frankly not sure what was worse, the Vasquez trade or the Plumlee extension?
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#577 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:23 pm

Bogut and Harris make a lot of sense. The problem is that Dallas needs 2 centers if they're trading Bogut, because they already lack depth at that position. There's nobody else they can include to make salaries work except Matthews, who is one of the only contracts that might be worse than Plumlee (I weigh injuries at that age pretty heavily).

If Bogut+Harris for Monroe is a little in the Bucks' favor, I suppose you could argue that adding Matthews and Plumlee to the deal evens it out. Meh. I guess I'd do it. It has a chance of making the team much better because, if nothing else, at least the roster makes more sense and the players theoretically could complement each other better. But that Matthews contract is scary so the main attraction for me would be Bogut's expiring deal and potential to be a good platoon partner with Henson.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,877

Post#578 » by engelmartin » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:24 pm

Nerlens Noel should be available. I think I've seen some talk about him here before but that would be an incredible move. Would you trade Thon for him?
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#579 » by Wisky4life » Tue Dec 6, 2016 8:03 pm

Greg Monroe and maybe Vaughn/Snell for Wes Matthews

Then in January, Miles Plumlee, Rashad Vaughn/Snell and Protected 1st for Nerlens Noel?
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#580 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Dec 6, 2016 8:06 pm

Bogut's going to break down in a month. Any team that wants him effective for the playoffs should rest him from now until April.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks