ImageImage

PG Thread (Hawks) - Let's just forget the second quarter.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Re: PG Thread (Hawks) - Let's just forget the second quarter. 

Post#161 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:35 pm

LUKE23 wrote:If you are thinking playoffs this year, I'd be relatively concerned we are only 5-5 vs. the 2nd easiest schedule in the league while also being #1 in 3 point percentage defense (.308). You'd figure with that schedule, and teams shooting that poorly from 3, we'd have more wins.

Still thinking 9th seed. Indiana seems to be putting it together.

To be fair, we have the point differential of a winning team. We've been in every game outside of 2 of the first 3 against Charlotte and Detroit. But I don't think anyone should be thinking playoffs yet. Even when we were 4-2 it was pretty obvious that expectations needed to lower a bit. If this team wins closer to 40 games than 30, that should be pretty much what you expect, and I'd even be pretty satisfied with that outcome, assuming Giannis and Jabari continue to look good.
ZeppelinPage
Head Coach
And1: 3,326

Post#162 » by ZeppelinPage » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:47 pm

Once Kidd stops **** around with rotations and learns to play Giannis + 4 shooters on the court more we'll improve vastly. But for now we're ****.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#163 » by bigkurty » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:48 pm

I didn't get to watch last night. Can someone tell me why Monroe only got 7 minutes?
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#164 » by freewhitemoon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:54 pm

bigkurty wrote:I didn't get to watch last night. Can someone tell me why Monroe only got 7 minutes?

I only watched the first half but Monroe regressed to last season's effort on defense. The Hawks also were playing Muscala because Dwight was out so Monroe was getting killed by a stretch center
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#165 » by GBPackers47 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
I'm going to blame Vaughn reverting back to his rookie self on Kidd DNP'ing him after a string of good games, because honestly, why the **** are you playing Terry over him at all right now? I like him as an end of bench guy, but him getting 18 MPG to Vaughn's 16 is absurd considering he's shooting a pathetic 22% from 3...

This. Vaughn was such a nice surprise in some of the earlier games this year, and looked to be gaining some confidence. What's a good way to let a 20 year old second year player continue to build confidence? Give him a couple of DNP right when he's starting to feel it in favor of a 39 year guy who I'm convinced either hasn't hit a jump shot, or I'm in the bathroom every time he does because I have yet to see it.

Jason Terry is a great energy guy...on the bench. He is talking to our younger guys on every dead ball, timeout, etc. That needs to be 95% of his role.

Jason Kidd also seems to ALWAYS be talking to the refs every time the whistle is blown. Gather your f****** team together Kidd and coach them. It's like he's always looking for excuses for why something happened.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,348

Post#166 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Kidd is great for development, but how can a HoF PG be such a **** idiot with rotations?
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Hawks) - Let's just forget the second quarter. 

Post#167 » by Mags FTW » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:19 pm

emunney wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
emunney wrote:Honestly, if we got these 20 minutes out of Henson every night, he'd be a quality 2nd C and worth the contract.

Unfortunately, he won't be up against Mike Muscala every night.

What do you think Muscala gets this summer?

What do I think he'll get, or what do I think he deserves?

He's a decent backup, but some team might mistake him for a starter and give him Plumlee money.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#168 » by tski1972 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:23 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
emunney wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Unfortunately, he won't be up against Mike Muscala every night.

What do you think Muscala gets this summer?

He's a decent backup, but some team might mistake him for a starter and give him Plumlee money.

if the Bucks had signed Muscala to the same contract as Plumlee I wouldn't be happy, but in no way would I be as mad.

Muscala perfectly fits what the Bucks need from a C offensively.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#169 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Muscala looks really good when he's shooting 71% TS on a **** ton of jumpers. Too bad that isn't even remotely sustainable. Once that efficiency averages out, you're pretty much just left with an atrocious rebounder and passable defender.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#170 » by Mags FTW » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:32 pm

tski1972 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
emunney wrote:What do you think Muscala gets this summer?

if the Bucks had signed Muscala to the same contract as Plumlee I wouldn't be happy, but in no way would I be as mad.

Muscala perfectly fits what the Bucks need from a C offensively.

Yeah, he's definitely better than Plumlee. Which is kind of the issue with GMs and these idiotic contracts. Now Muscala's agent can point to Plums' contract as a point of reference, just 1 GM agrees and now you have a new contract floor for players at that level.

A shrewd GM tells Muscala, "Yeah well the Bucks are dumb and overpaying." If he decides to go elsewhere you accept it and move on. You don't give in and hamstring your organization for 4 years. We do this over and over again.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks