ImageImage

PG Thread (Cavs) - Giannis > LeBron

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Re: PG Thread (Cavs) - Giannis > LeBron 

Post#241 » by H2tObes » Thu Dec 1, 2016 7:47 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:As for respect and attention, hop on Twitter. NBA nerds have been geeking out about Giannis for a month. If the Bucks can make it above .500 and stay there, they'll be geeking out about the Bucks too.

Is this true? I like to think I follow a good amount of knowledgeable NBA guys and I see probably 5x more about Joel Embiid than I do Giannis. Maybe I'm following the wrong guys.

Imagine if Giannis played for the Knicks/Lakers/Celtics/Bulls, holy **** the hype would be on levels never before seen. I think we need to wait until Giannis makes noise in the playoffs to get that satisfying national recognition we are looking for
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#242 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Dec 2, 2016 4:14 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
ampd wrote:
If he can be our george hill that would be amazing.

Yeah, he still makes some boneheaded passes, but I think it happens more because other guys are probably not doing what they are suppose to be doing, other than that, he has been excellent. Such a great fit and his 3 PT% is up to 37.5%, hell of a find.

Yes it is looking like a tremendous draft pick and hopefully this can put an end to the ridiculous "why do billionaires with a b need to sell their second 2nd round pick for pocket change"? It seems clear Hammond and co. had the second round well scouted and knew what they were doing.

Also, Brogdon is prone to rookie mistakes. I love the pick but this is why I can't get upset when Terry is closing out games instead of him. You need somebody you know will do the right thing and I have complete faith in Terry to play his role, even if he's not a difference maker. In the future it will be Brogdon but he still has some learning to do.

Brogdon's mistakes aren't nearly as egregious as Terry's. Terry is a defensive joke. Not even in the "he can't defend". I mean in that he runs LeBron off the 3 pt line while leaving JR wide open for a 3. His decision making for a vet is almost comical.

Brogdon was ACC POY/DPOY last year PLAYING A WING. Its a transition to running the point. I think he is doing significantly better at it that I ever could have hoped, even if Giannis is doing all the heavy lifting.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#243 » by M-C-G » Fri Dec 2, 2016 4:18 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Yeah, he still makes some boneheaded passes, but I think it happens more because other guys are probably not doing what they are suppose to be doing, other than that, he has been excellent. Such a great fit and his 3 PT% is up to 37.5%, hell of a find.

Yes it is looking like a tremendous draft pick and hopefully this can put an end to the ridiculous "why do billionaires with a b need to sell their second 2nd round pick for pocket change"? It seems clear Hammond and co. had the second round well scouted and knew what they were doing.

Also, Brogdon is prone to rookie mistakes. I love the pick but this is why I can't get upset when Terry is closing out games instead of him. You need somebody you know will do the right thing and I have complete faith in Terry to play his role, even if he's not a difference maker. In the future it will be Brogdon but he still has some learning to do.

Brogdon's mistakes aren't nearly as egregious as Terry's. Terry is a defensive joke. Not even in the "he can't defend". I mean in that he runs LeBron off the 3 pt line while leaving JR wide open for a 3. His decision making for a vet is almost comical.

Brogdon was ACC POY/DPOY last year PLAYING A WING. Its a transition to running the point. I think he is doing significantly better at it that I ever could have hoped, even if Giannis is doing all the heavy lifting.

I don't think you will find too many people wanting to play Jet over Brogdon. But it is a long season, so we will see how this plays out.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,681

Post#244 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Dec 2, 2016 4:48 pm

It's time to let JET sit on the bench and wave the towel for his younger teammates. Vaughn, Brogdon, Delly, and Snell should be eating up all of the available guard minutes at this point.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,726

Post#245 » by emunney » Fri Dec 2, 2016 4:54 pm

We should sign Briante Weber to mess with dudes and get a steal a game in 10 minutes.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DeezRaptors
Junior
And1: 145

Post#246 » by DeezRaptors » Mon Dec 5, 2016 12:46 am

H

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022