PG Thread (Cavs) - Giannis > LeBron

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Re: PG Thread (Cavs) - Giannis > LeBron 

Post#201 » by Prince12 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:58 pm

That was so much fun.

The more giannis did the more smoke came out of Lebron's ears. He was hating it which was very pleasing.

The bucks crowd is awesome when we are playing like that.

Bit of chat about Snell, I am still thankful mcw isn't playing for us every day and Snell is actually very vocal on the defensive end which I love.

Amazing night, now please back it up tomorrow.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Prince12
RealGM

Post#202 » by Prince12 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Also two favourite moments Thon and the Jabari dick in birdmans face thrust. He had a rough night.

Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#203 » by Apollo64 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Ersanity
Senior
And1: 291

Post#204 » by Ersanity » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:46 pm

I thought Jabari having his best stretch at the end of the third while Giannis was resting was MASSIVE in this game. He had a somewhat nondescript night overall, but he played his best during a hugely important time frame to do so.
Milwaukee Bucks: Where "Meh" happens.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#205 » by Prez » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Getting real tired of getting zero recognition for our talent. I know I shouldn't be watching Undisputed or First Take, but I had to when I saw Cavs/Bucks on the headlines. Don't know why I expected anything different...10 minutes of them talking about JR Smith's dumbass play, how the Cavs didn't care, threw the game, etc. Guarantee you if the Timberwolves or Lakers blew out the defending champions on the back of a superstar performance from one of their young talents, we wouldn't hear the end of it. But nah, not with the Bucks. Literally not one single mention of any Bucks player (outside of Terry) at all on First Take's segment.
Prince12
RealGM

Post#206 » by Prince12 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:06 pm

Milbuck wrote:Getting real tired of getting zero recognition for our talent. I know I shouldn't be watching Undisputed or First Take, but I had to when I saw Cavs/Bucks on the headlines. Don't know why I expected anything different...10 minutes of them talking about JR Smith's dumbass play, how the Cavs didn't care, threw the game, etc. Guarantee you if the Timberwolves or Lakers blew out the defending champions on the back of a superstar performance from one of their young talents, we wouldn't hear the end of it. But nah, not with the Bucks. Literally not one single mention of any Bucks player (outside of Terry) at all on First Take's segment.

I also watched this, it's hard to believe you could watch this and not mention giannis.

JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#207 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol:
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#208 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:27 pm

I go back to a game I attended a few years ago when the Bucks beat the Heat and so many fair-weather fans littered the BC. Dude in a Lebron Heat jersey with a thick northern Wisco accent talking sh*t to me, "look at the standings b*tch," or something similar. Guys like that deserve to be humiliated on the big screen.
Prince12
RealGM

Post#209 » by Prince12 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:06 pm

The bulls series the other year would be hard to top. Was my first experience with that bunch.

FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,255

Post#210 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:09 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Also, I liked the reporter didn't let up but I hate that in this world people consider that the biggest play of the game. It was funny but they are talking on the fan saying thank god we didn't sign him? Really? That one play made up your mind? He could've been 7-8 on threes and the conversation this morning would've been about that play. It was as meaningless as Thons cross over.

It is unquestionably overblown. On the other hand if I told you this play happened and I didn't tell you who other player was, it wouldn't take you very long to guess JR Smith.
Read on Twitter
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,606

Post#211 » by emunney » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:10 pm

ampd wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Man, Brogdon was a great pick.

If he can be our george hill that would be amazing.

If he can just be our Aaron McKie, it would be great.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager

Post#212 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:14 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:So, is Mirza staying in Monroe's doghouse now?

So strange.

Beasley is just outplaying him. Which is absolutely fine.

People are learning that there is a reason Mirza hasn't been a "thing" in the NBA so far in his career. He's a really limited player that you have to use in specific situations.

I'd say he's been a pretty spectacular "limited player" when they play him in their small-ball lineup with Giannis at center. He's something ridiculous like +13 per 100 with him and Giannis on the court. Beasley has been playing well, but the gradual erosion of Mirza's minutes despite his affect on statistically our best lineup has been one of the more head-scratching things that Kidd has done thus far in the season.

I don't remember Giannis playing center at all yesterday. His defense is a liability to play alongside Jabari and like PP mentioned, Beasley has been better this year. It's not like Mirza can take Terry's minutes so I don't see a major issue with him not playing.

Read on Twitter
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,709

Post#213 » by Wonka » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:16 pm

HKPackFan wrote:Jabari has a lot of growing up to do and he's showing signs of getting better. Like most young players his growth is not a straight line but has good, bad, and mediocre games. I still view him as a redshirt sophomore.

This is the way we all need to view Jabari as of now
Prince12
RealGM

Post#214 » by Prince12 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:18 pm

I'm hesitantly optimistic about Beasley but honestly he's been pretty damn good and especially the last two weeks. He's passing the ball more and his effort on D can't be questioned along with his rebounding. This version of Beasley is a positive.

FlagsFlyForever
General Manager

Post#215 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:21 pm

M-C-G wrote:
ampd wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Man, Brogdon was a great pick.

If he can be our george hill that would be amazing.

Yeah, he still makes some boneheaded passes, but I think it happens more because other guys are probably not doing what they are suppose to be doing, other than that, he has been excellent. Such a great fit and his 3 PT% is up to 37.5%, hell of a find.

Yes it is looking like a tremendous draft pick and hopefully this can put an end to the ridiculous "why do billionaires with a b need to sell their second 2nd round pick for pocket change"? It seems clear Hammond and co. had the second round well scouted and knew what they were doing.

Also, Brogdon is prone to rookie mistakes. I love the pick but this is why I can't get upset when Terry is closing out games instead of him. You need somebody you know will do the right thing and I have complete faith in Terry to play his role, even if he's not a difference maker. In the future it will be Brogdon but he still has some learning to do.

Read on Twitter
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,709

Post#216 » by Wonka » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:24 pm

Am I in the minority for not being happy with the Terry signing? He's been playing far too much for my liking, and really hasn't done much on the court to back it up.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#217 » by Jez2983 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:26 pm

Wonka wrote:Am I in the minority for not being happy with the Terry signing? He's been playing far too much for my liking, and really hasn't done much on the court to back it up.

Have not you read the board lately? We've been getting stuck into Kidd about Terry for weeks.

Especially as Vaughn hasn't been theworstplayerthateverplayed.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager

Post#218 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:28 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:I go back to a game I attended a few years ago when the Bucks beat the Heat and so many fair-weather fans littered the BC. Dude in a Lebron Heat jersey with a thick northern Wisco accent talking sh*t to me, "look at the standings b*tch," or something similar. Guys like that deserve to be humiliated on the big screen.

Much respect to the Cavs fans in Ohio or Yankees fans in New York, etc. I even respect the fans from Illinois that come into our stadiums and arenas when the Bulls or Cubs play here because say what you want, but they are true fans.

Or even if you are just a bandwagon fan but you have respect for others that's fine too. You can just like rooting for a winner and being respectful of others. But the guy you mentioned is ridiculous. You can't choose your team and then also act like you're better because of the team you chose, which you only chose because they were good.

Read on Twitter
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,534

Post#219 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Why Vaughn is wasting away in the D-league is beyond me. Especially since the "we need to get him minutes somewhere" excuse doesn't seem to apply to Thon...
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager

Post#220 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:32 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:Question to those of you who watched the game on TV:

Giannis had two traveling calls on him in the first half. He was incredulous that he didn't travel. Kidd couldn't believe the calls. It didn't look like he traveled from my seat. Later in the game he was called for a travel, knew he traveled, and didn't say a word to the ref. Giannis seems like a guy, unlike Monroe, who only complains when he feels theres a bad call. Were those first half traveling calls the right calls?

I couldn't tell for sure and they didn't show replays, but watching live it looked like all three were legit travels. Personally, I think Giannis gets away with a lot from the refs that other players don't get away with so it's hard for me to complain. Jabari on the other hand...

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks