ImageImage

PG Thread (Washington) - Wizards hold off Bucks.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Re: PG Thread (Washington) - Wizards hold off Bucks. 

Post#321 » by greekbuck34 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:40 am

I saw Gortat grabbing Giannis too.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#322 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:36 am

http://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-advanced/#!?sort=TS_PCT&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612749

This is bad, very very bads.

Monroe and Giannis been our best clutch guys, Delly Snell and Mirza dead last.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,620

Post#323 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:19 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:http://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-advanced/#!?sort=TS_PCT&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612749

This is bad, very very bads.

Monroe and Giannis been our best clutch guys, Delly Snell and Mirza dead last.

Small sample size but the stats dont look great.
#FreeChuckDiesel
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#324 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:16 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I think it's fair to critique Giannis in the half court. He's much less effective there than he is in transition. That's largely because of his limited confidence and inconsistent shooting outside of the circle. Recently, it seems like he's taking more jumpshots when defenses sag on him - maybe 3-4 jumpers a game - which is an improvement.

I'd like to see Giannis post up more often, too. It's rare he's not taller than the guy who is guarding him, so he should take advantage of it. The few times I've seen him post up, he's been really effective because of his height and footwork.

In the long run, Jabari will also need to add a post game, too.
Right now, he rarely posts up because he loves to face up and blow past guys. Adding that to an already diverse offensive game is what will take him to the next level as an offensive player.

It took guys like MJ, LeBron, and Kobe a few years to add to their own games. But when they did so, not only did it make them more effective against smaller defenders, but it also added a dimension to their game that wasn't so dependent on having an athletic advantage over their defender. Over long careers in which their physical advantages deteriorated, it prolonged their effectiveness on that end of the floor.

Great post and you're absolutely right.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#325 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:Finally got to watch the game
Can somebody please tell me how this dude plays 41 minutes and gets only one foul called?

sorry about the resolution, these are screen grabs from my LP

Again, the officials were f***ing awful Monday night. One sided. Loss is still on the Bucks for inexcusably poor defense for most of the game and choke-job offense for the 4th quarter, but in a close game bad officiating is magnified.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#326 » by bucksfansince88 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:23 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Finally got to watch the game
Can somebody please tell me how this dude plays 41 minutes and gets only one foul called?

sorry about the resolution, these are screen grabs from my LP

Again, the officials were f***ing awful Monday night. One sided. Loss is still on the Bucks for inexcusably poor defense for most of the game and choke-job offense for the 4th quarter, but in a close game bad officiating is magnified.

Tweet this to the bucks and @nba
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#327 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:37 pm

Gortat is sneaky good at fouling people without the refs noticing, but that illegal screen on Monroe that freed up Beal was about as blatant as you could be. I'm amazed the refs didn't call that. It's not like Gortat is a superstar or plays on a national media darling team either, so I have no idea what their rationale was on several of those calls.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#328 » by drew881 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:47 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I think it's fair to critique Giannis in the half court. He's much less effective there than he is in transition. That's largely because of his limited confidence and inconsistent shooting outside of the circle. Recently, it seems like he's taking more jumpshots when defenses sag on him - maybe 3-4 jumpers a game - which is an improvement.

I'd like to see Giannis post up more often, too. It's rare he's not taller than the guy who is guarding him, so he should take advantage of it. The few times I've seen him post up, he's been really effective because of his height and footwork.

In the long run, Jabari will also need to add a post game, too.
Right now, he rarely posts up because he loves to face up and blow past guys. Adding that to an already diverse offensive game is what will take him to the next level as an offensive player.

It took guys like MJ, LeBron, and Kobe a few years to add to their own games. But when they did so, not only did it make them more effective against smaller defenders, but it also added a dimension to their game that wasn't so dependent on having an athletic advantage over their defender. Over long careers in which their physical advantages deteriorated, it prolonged their effectiveness on that end of the floor.

Great post and you're absolutely right.

Yup, I've been calling for this. Basically give Giannis a tape of Sam Cassell and tell him to replicate his post positions on the baseline. He'd be a monster passing out of there too. I'd love to see Jabari running more of those baseline drives and cuts that we saw from him last year too.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#329 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:14 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Gortat is sneaky good at fouling people without the refs noticing, but that illegal screen on Monroe that freed up Beal was about as blatant as you could be. I'm amazed the refs didn't call that. It's not like Gortat is a superstar or plays on a national media darling team either, so I have no idea what their rationale was on several of those calls.

Oh they were noticing alright, Henson was yelling at them and showing his shirt all night. They just decided not to call anything.
Gortat had 1 foul called and he played 41 minutes.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#330 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:15 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:Tweet this to the bucks and @nba

I don't have any social media accounts, feel free to do it if you can be bothered

Return to Milwaukee Bucks