ImageImage

PG Thread (Detroit) - Bucks say goodbye to the Palace with style!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Re: PG Thread (Detroit) - Bucks say goodbye to the Palace with style! 

Post#161 » by buckbeer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Monroe played well, he scored some mid range jumpers and hook shots and made some nice passes. He was efficient on offense, didn't miss on his jumpers and had 6 assists. He also played good defence in the post and had 2 steals and a block.

If Monroe can continue scoring those mid range jumpers consistently, it would make him a more dangerous player and help the Bucks win more games.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#162 » by buckbeer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:17 pm

I would like Monroe and Snell back next season, and try to trade Plumlee or Henson.
Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#163 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:52 pm

I haven't posted in awhile, but wanted to get some recent thoughts out there.
It's not fair to critique this team fully until Middleton is back, he was a big loss to this season. Had we had him, we probably are top 4 team, if not too 2 team in the east. That would also mean top 5 in the league.
Our team seems like it's put together very well if you add in middletons impact and usage.
Giannis is going to have to get tougher. His shot is arriving, I have no doubt the toughness will too.
I wasn't huge on what Parker would be, but his scoring ability, toughness and ability to defend are all very surprising to me this year. It would be interesting for one of you stat guys to compare his numbers this year to giannis last year, he is doing very well and I expect him to completely explode next year.
Plumlee looks like he sucks, and delay is under performing, but it seems things are starting to fall into place with brogdons recent play.
If, if Middleton comes back and plays how he did last year, we could contend this year. If we're healthy next year, I expect us to be championship contenders.
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,617

Post#164 » by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:20 pm

buckbeer wrote:I would like Monroe and Snell back next season, and try to trade Plumlee or Henson.

As bad as Henson is, he's been ten times better than Plumlee. Hopefully it's him going out instead.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#165 » by Bernman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
buckbeer wrote:I would like Monroe and Snell back next season, and try to trade Plumlee or Henson.

As bad as Henson is, he's been ten times better than Plumlee. Hopefully it's him going out instead.

You can't trade players because they're worse. You can trade them because their stock is up or perception is better than reality. Right now those things would apply to Henson. I read someone on the GB assert he's part of our talented young core along with Giannis and Jabari. lol

If you want to trade Plumlee he'd at least have to have another good run of form. And we'd still probably be stuck with him unless we attached an asset, which I don't want to do. We just need to ride it out for a while and hope he at least comes back around into a rotation player or spot minute guy. Then deal him as an expiring on the back end, let him expire, or amnesty.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,617

Post#166 » by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:27 pm

Bernman wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

You can't trade players because they're worse. You can trade them because their stock is up or perception is better than reality. Right now those things would apply to Henson. I read someone on the GB assert he's part of our talented young core along with Giannis and Jabari. lol

If you want to trade Plumlee he'd at least have to have another good run of form. And we'd still probably be stuck with him unless we attached an asset, which I don't want to do. We just need to ride it out for a while and hope he at least comes back around into a rotation player or spot minute guy. Then deal him as an expiring on the back end, let him expire, or amnesty.

Yeah, I understand the value/stock is how you move a player, I'm just simply stating I hope it can be Plumlee in an ideal world. I don't want Monroe starting ever for this team as he's found his niche off the bench, but I don't think I can bare to watch this team with Plumlee back as the starter.

Agreed with not attaching an asset. At this point, I think it's probably just best to wait this mess out and hope someone comes along that needs a big or they eventually become expiring contracts.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#167 » by glenn » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:59 pm

I'm late to this, but did anyone else catch the "Leuer/Lure" exchange between Marques and Jim last night? That was great.
:reporter:
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#168 » by greekbuck34 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:14 pm

30 games in the season and if the Celtics loss tonight in Clevelant there will be only 2 defeats difference between the 3rd and the 9th in the east.

Unreal.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#169 » by blazza18 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:50 pm

Matches Malone wrote:

Eh...there wasn't much between the two before Plumlee was benched.

Now obviously the starters have played triple the amount of minutes with Henson than Plumlee now but..

Starters with Henson - 105.7 offense, 105.5 defence
Starters with Plumlee - 103.5 offense, 98.2 defence
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#170 » by H2tObes » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:54 pm

So ready to give Plumlee the minutes Henson receives until Plumlee remembers how to play basketball. He is a lot better for us than Henson when he is comfortable.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#171 » by jimmybones » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:14 pm

wichmae wrote:With that said it still stings not having Tobias. Would be the perfect guy to have in Beasleys (who I think is earning himself a nice contract elsewhere) spot after the season. Dude still cant defend a chair and really doesnt provide much else other than scoring but he can really put the ball in the hoop.

Yep. He'd be a fantastic scoring wing for the bench unit. Great protection against Giannis or Jabari foul trouble. We talk about always having one of Jabari or Giannis on the court and spacing them out. Imagine if we always had either Giannis/Tobes or Middleton/Jabari. Good god.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#172 » by M-C-G » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:00 am

jimmybones wrote:
wichmae wrote:With that said it still stings not having Tobias. Would be the perfect guy to have in Beasleys (who I think is earning himself a nice contract elsewhere) spot after the season. Dude still cant defend a chair and really doesnt provide much else other than scoring but he can really put the ball in the hoop.

Yep. He'd be a fantastic scoring wing for the bench unit. Great protection against Giannis or Jabari foul trouble. We talk about always having one of Jabari or Giannis on the court and spacing them out. Imagine if we always had either Giannis/Tobes or Middleton/Jabari. Good god.

Beasley 1.5M
Tobes 17M

Um yeah I know how I'd rather roll with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#173 » by blazza18 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:18 am

Tobes without a doubt.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#174 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:24 am

Huh? You guys would want to be paying Tobes $17 mil per year over the next 3 seasons to come off the bench just to give you some scoring and be a turnstile on defense? No thanks, and if anything has officially and finally exercised the Tobes demons for this franchise, it's this:

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#175 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:27 am

Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Giannis is going to have to get tougher. His shot is arriving, I have no doubt the toughness will too.

sorry what? I hope you don't mean physical toughness? if you do have a please look at that elbow in the face from Aron Baynes last night. I'm actually surprised how tough this kid is, the physical abuse he gets every day is way underrated, and he never even complains.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#176 » by Nowak008 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:02 am

freewhitemoon wrote:we aren't gonna be able to afford Tony Snell at this rate

Been saying that the last few weeks. We need to aggressively move one of Henson, Telly, or Plum for expirings to keep Snell long term.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,772

Post#177 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:08 am

Billionaires with a B. They have basically one job when it comes to basketball decisions. Pay the man his money.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
The Rodzilla
Starter
And1: 2,332

Post#178 » by The Rodzilla » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:13 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Billionaires with a B. They have basically one job when it comes to basketball decisions. Pay the man his money.

they became billionaires by being tight in the ass about spending money, either that or their parents/grandparents were really tight with money and they received it when they died
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,772

Post#179 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:16 am

If you buy a basketball team to be frugal with your money you're a turd.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#180 » by Bernman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:22 am

See Donald Sterling.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison

Return to Milwaukee Bucks