ImageImage

Upcoming free agents

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Re: Upcoming free agents 

Post#441 » by Jez2983 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:33 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I hope one day we can look back at our discussions of **** NBA players that are just as good or better than John Henson and laugh when he is the Brooklyn Net's third string center. Kinda like MCW. Or hell, Knight.

Lest we forget Miles Plumlee. Or was it Jon Brockman? I can never remember.

Aside from Brogdon (and this is only because he's more experienced and plays like a vet) giving Thon >10 mins a game is the only actual own the future thing we're doing at the moment. I'm still playing the young turd who should get better over the turds that are what we know they are.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#442 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:41 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I hope one day we can look back at our discussions of **** NBA players that are just as good or better than John Henson and laugh when he is the Brooklyn Net's third string center. Kinda like MCW. Or hell, Knight.

Henson is 5 years in this league doing the same thing hes always done and he'll be doing it well into his 30s in this league. fans will bitch here and at his next stop and the one after.....but regardless this conversation about Henson will be taking place long after thon maker has washed out of this league.

that's my opinion. and we will see whose right.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#443 » by AussieBuck » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:18 am

Henson's been a third sting c on a team that rarely has a decent second string for his career. There isn't a very meaningful distinction between that and being out of the league.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#444 » by old skool » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:29 am

I have been impressed by the progress Thon has made. He still has a long way to go and has no role on a team trying to win now, but his defensive positioning has improved ten fold. He aggressively fronted Dwight Howard a few times in the ATL game. At the beginning of the year he ran around like a headless chicken. He can't legitimately defend any position and is worthless on offense, save for the occasional broken play, but his few minutes are clearly helping him narrow thew gap.

I am surprised that Thon is getting any minutes at all in a season when the Bucks are trying to make the playoffs. That shows more of an eye on the future than one would expect.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#445 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:32 am

old skool wrote:I have been impressed by the progress Thon has made. He still has a long way to go and has no role on a team trying to win now, but his defensive positioning has improved ten fold. He aggressively fronted Dwight Howard a few times in the ATL game. At the beginning of the year he ran around like a headless chicken. He can't legitimately defend any position and is worthless on offense, save for the occasional broken play, but his few minutes are clearly helping him narrow thew gap.

I am surprised that Thon is getting any minutes at all in a season when the Bucks are trying to make the playoffs. That shows more of an eye on the future than one would expect.

I wouldn't say he worthless on offense. Right now he's going through a bit of a slump but the fact he's a threat from outside helps spread the floor for Giannis. I do think he will have a solid post game in the future.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#446 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:12 pm

I think I want to build the Australian national team, but with Giannis and Middleton instead of Simmons and Exum.

Sign:

Mills
Ingles
Baynes
(maybe Bogut)
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#447 » by 3Diamantidis » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:43 am

Pretty high on KCP.
If somehow de doesn't want to continue at Detroit i would give him the max.
They will be forced to sign him and trade him in that scenario, yes?
KCP and middleton at wings is the best defensive wing duo in the league.
And Giannis at 4... :eyebrows:
Yep i want KCP.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#448 » by LuessiT » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:59 am

3Diamantidis wrote:Pretty high on KCP.
Yep i want KCP.

Why would they be forced to do anything? They can just match.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant

Post#449 » by 3Diamantidis » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:00 am

LuessiT wrote:
Yep i want KCP.

"If somehow de doesn't want to continue at Detroit..." :wink:
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#450 » by LuessiT » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 am

3Diamantidis wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
Yep i want KCP.

And what does that have to do with Detroit? Again, they can just match if he signs an offer sheet with another team and they want to keep him.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#451 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:07 am

AussieBuck wrote:Henson's been a third sting c on a team that rarely has a decent second string for his career. There isn't a very meaningful distinction between that and being out of the league.

third string for his career? whatever :roll:

many rotational pieces have short stretches were they fall out of the rotation but to call him 3rd string isn't even close to reality. in the last 3 years with bucks teams courting playoff expectations tell me how many games hes started vs games he played under 10 minutes and then knock off the hyperbole.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant

Post#452 » by 3Diamantidis » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:15 am

LuessiT wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

And what does that have to do with Detroit? Again, they can just match if he signs an offer sheet with another team and they want to keep him.

They will want to keep a potentially unhappy player and pay him 25mil per season?
It's a hypothetical scenario ofc.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#453 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:18 am

John Henson has been through 4 coaches who have all benched him in favor of guys like Gustavo Ayon, Rookie Thon, Miles Plumlee, Ekpe Udoh and Jeff Adrien.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#454 » by KidA24 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:18 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Henson's been a third sting c on a team that rarely has a decent second string for his career. There isn't a very meaningful distinction between that and being out of the league.

many rotational pieces have short stretches were they fall out of the rotation but to call him 3rd string isn't even close to reality. in the last 3 years with bucks teams courting playoff expectations tell me how many games hes started vs games he played under 10 minutes and then knock off the hyperbole.

Well, he's started 50, and DNP-CD 49 times, and 18 games of under 10 minutes in the last 3 seasons.

So, you tell me?
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#455 » by BroncoBuck » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:21 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:John Henson has been through 4 coaches who have all benched him in favor of guys like Gustavo Ayon, Rookie Thon, Miles Plumlee, Ekpe Udoh and Jeff Adrien.

Lest we forget Miroslav Radujica.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#456 » by drew881 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:30 am

old skool wrote:I have been impressed by the progress Thon has made. He still has a long way to go and has no role on a team trying to win now, but his defensive positioning has improved ten fold. He aggressively fronted Dwight Howard a few times in the ATL game. At the beginning of the year he ran around like a headless chicken. He can't legitimately defend any position and is worthless on offense, save for the occasional broken play, but his few minutes are clearly helping him narrow thew gap.

I think he will end up a better Larry Sanders. Like you mentioned, his positioning is good, and that is on both sides. He can already set an ok screen. He isn't far off from getting monster clean blocks on some of his fouls. And unlike Sanders, I think he can be 1) serviceable on some jumpshots, 2) unselfish, 3) not a douche.

Also, I'll say before a few of you freak out that I think we massively overrated Sanders on this board.
Bucks2585
Junior
And1: 62

Post#457 » by Bucks2585 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:43 am

As much as I am meh, about this move, Im silently preparing myself for the Bucks to sign Derrick Rose at PG this offseason. Just seems like such a classic Bucks move, hes got some interest it seems, just seems like a match made in heaven. Or hell, depending on how you view him.

Personally, I wouldnt necessarily mind it as long as it wasnt a long term deal. I kinda see him as the Jabari Parker of PGs in that while Jabari's out, he gives us that 3rd scorer in the starting lineup. And hes cut the 3 point shot out of his game it seems. Shooting 47% from the field so far this year, so its clearly improving his efficiency. And with his lack of passing, hes basically a SG this point to Giannis at PG. I could see the argument for it based on his athleticism and the hope that if hes on decent team, he'll give at least some effort defensively, considering he doesnt give any for the Knicks right now.

Ugh. The biggest gripe about basketball. You can have a guy like Derrick Rose not trying at all for half the game and he still can average 18 points a game. Speaking to his ridiculous athleticism.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#458 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:52 am

KidA24 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Well, he's started 50, and DNP-CD 49 times, and 18 games of under 10 minutes in the last 3 seasons.

So, you tell me?

I question if some of those dnp-cd's were injury related but regardless..... I'm certainly not going to call him a starter just because hes started more games than sat out if that's what youre suggesting :lol:

john Henson is our 2nd string center and has been for the kidd era outside of those stretchs he fell behind plumlee which isn't much of an insult considering how well plumlee performed during that stretchs. there have been times hes started and there were times he fell out of the rotation. big deal. but saying hes 3rd string because of the times hes fallen out of the rotation is just as dunce as if I labeled him our starter because of the games hes had that role instead. look at the minutes and games played and just use your head.

and one other thing. using this whack ass token starter thing we got going on with thon does not make henson 3rd string either. its been Monroe and Henson racking up the minutes down the stretch in the vast majority of games this year. 2 years ago, on that playoff team it was zaza and Henson. hes our primary backup. this isn't hard.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#459 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:02 am

Sure, there was times where we didn't even have marginal NBA players to steal minutes from Henson.

And that one time a couple seasons ago where our best player went full on idiot and left the league allowing Henson to move from third string, to second string center.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#460 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:03 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:John Henson has been through 4 coaches who have all benched him in favor of guys like Gustavo Ayon, Rookie Thon, Miles Plumlee, Ekpe Udoh and Jeff Adrien.

whats your point other than coaches play their players?

my point is that Henson has overwhelmingly played the most backup minutes of any center on this team. if your definition of 3rd string center was used for the rest of the league there wouldn't be any backups. the whole league would be 3rd stringers :lol:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks