ImageImage

Whats up with the Bucks?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

heyPlayer
Sophomore
And1: 32

Whats up with the Bucks? 

Post#1 » by heyPlayer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:53 am

What kind of rotation do they actually have? And what are their bread and butter plays. What does Jason Kidd have up his sleeve to motivate players and teach them in game plays?
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Re: Whats up with the Bucks? 

Post#2 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:56 am

LOL

sorry man, I had to laugh :D

in ancient Greece they had a term for it, "tragicomedy"
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#3 » by Jez2983 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:56 am

trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#4 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:00 am

Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#5 » by Nightfall » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:00 am

heyPlayer wrote:What kind of rotation do they actually have?

And what are their bread and butter plays.

What does Jason Kidd have up his sleeve ......

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#6 » by Jez2983 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:01 am

But for serious:

He benches people as a punishment. Our offense is a freewheeling ISO based system where our young players are expected to make decisions on the fly. Occasionally Delly runs pick and roll. We play Moose out of the high post which makes sense. We played Henson there, which doesn't. Sometimes we move the ball a lot. Often we don't. Jabari often stands around, and he and Giannis never seem to do much together.

Oh, Brogdon and Moose have a decent 2 man game, so after a few games of going away from that when Delly was injured they're back together on the bench.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,268

Post#7 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:30 am

heyPlayer wrote:...What does Jason Kidd have up his sleeve to motivate players...

#FreeChuckDiesel
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,498

Post#8 » by RogerMurdock » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:56 am

pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 871

Post#9 » by pifhluk23 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:06 pm

The defensive scheme he uses doesn't fit the personnel at all. We don't have a single frontcourt player that can play in the scheme they are running. The offense looks like it's just do whatever the hell you want, no plays, crappy ball movement.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#10 » by crkone » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Offense is a read and react system with low IQ players that don't read what others are doing and don't react to it. Kidd has to dumb it down a ton for them to just run simple plays. The Bucks defenders all have issues staying in front of players except for a few plays a game and sit and watch the ball instead of covering their open men. Bucks have success just by sheer talent alone but lose whenever teams outsmart them and confuse them with difficult concepts such as PnRs or backdoor cuts. Oh and the Bucks may have the worst interior defense in the league.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm

So our players are dumb and Kidd is smart? I'm going to disagree. Also, the roster construction is a major factor in our d. No top shelf defender at the most important spot, C, and we have Parker, Monroe, Beasley, and Telly in our rotation. Henson was as well until a few games ago. Lots of incapable or just lazy defenders.
heyPlayer
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#12 » by heyPlayer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:53 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:The defensive scheme he uses doesn't fit the personnel at all. We don't have a single frontcourt player that can play in the scheme they are running. The offense looks like it's just do whatever the hell you want, no plays, crappy ball movement.

What is the defensive scheme you are talking about? I don't follow the Bucks too much so I'd like to understand them more.
crkone
RealGM

Post#13 » by crkone » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:56 pm

LUKE23 wrote:So our players are dumb and Kidd is smart? I'm going to disagree. Also, the roster construction is a major factor in our d. No top shelf defender at the most important spot, C, and we have Parker, Monroe, Beasley, and Telly in our rotation. Henson was as well until a few games ago. Lots of incapable or just lazy defenders.

Who said Kidd was smart?

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#14 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:02 pm

Perfect storm of terrible roster construction, bad coaching, and players who just can't or won't play a solid all-around game. I also think a big part of it is faulty expectations based on looking at the roster and saying this team is too talented to be this bad. Those assessments of their talent overvalue for the scoring ability of several players on the team and undervalue other aspects of the game.

They've given up on the coach, which makes everything seem worse. Average coaching gets them in the playoffs despite the roster makeup and the individuals flaws of the players. Their upside will remain relatively low without big changes in that area as well.

Not gonna lie though, I'm kinda lacking the tank possibility and would love a few crash-and-burn trades. Give Khris about 10 games at the end of the year just to get back in the game. He won't help them win much in his first 10 games back; it's just to get him on the court so he doesn't end up spending 1 full year without a game. Keep Giannis obviously, but rest him knee somethingitis once a week. And just get as many expiring contracts and top draft picks as you can for everyone else. Only about 5 teams are clearly worse the rest of the way if they do that.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#15 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:26 pm

When you say "Kidd has to dumb it down for them" it sort of implies he has a good scheme but the players can't run it. At least, that's how I took it. He certainly does not have a good scheme is all I'm saying.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#16 » by ackypoo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:30 pm

how in the **** does john hammond still have a job my god

even if you think hes doing a good job (youre wrong and :crazy: ) hes the perfect scapegoat for a lot of the current issues
crkone
RealGM

Post#17 » by crkone » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:41 pm

LUKE23 wrote:When you say "Kidd has to dumb it down for them" it sort of implies he has a good scheme but the players can't run it. At least, that's how I took it. He certainly does not a good scheme is all I'm saying.

The scheme is fine. Prunty learned the read and react while with the Spurs. The problem is that the team goes into spells of missing shots and ISO play that is not part of the scheme. Defense is a whole other issue. Just bad defenders and no interior defense.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#18 » by crkone » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:47 pm

ackypoo wrote:how in the **** does john hammond still have a job my god

even if you think hes doing a good job (youre wrong and :crazy: ) hes the perfect scapegoat for a lot of the current issues

It's the whole organization. Owners hire a coach before the GM even knows and gives him power over the GM. GM makes terrible choices in FA or can't convince others of bad choices if not allowed to make FA choices. Coach can't teach defense properly and brings in vets that can't play his defense properly. Players aren't putting in the time in the off-season (Khris and Monroe one year, Henson every year) and go into spells of lackadaisical play on offense and defense.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,880

Post#19 » by Fotis St » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Any normal team in sports would be playing automatic , like a swiss swatch after 2-3 years playing together ... It is all on our Coach and FO ... Players look completely lost out there ...

I remember an interview, I think it was Vaughn, and he was asked about the rebounds ...

The answer was something I never heard before ... and it heard so DUMB ...

He said " We are working on that, with our coaches, most rebounds drop in a square, we have to be there to get them"

Is that " square" the paint or something else ? So the players learn not to box out but to get into a hypothetical-statistical good position to grab the rebound

To me this was the most odd thing I have ever heard ...

I am old scholl and I learned that all you have to do to get the board is to put a body in front of your opponent as far away from the basket and just virtually lock him behind you... 95% of the time you get the rebound .. that other 5% is when the shot is a brick and the ball flies above you to you opponents area... Giannis and Delly do it my way, thank God ... rest of them are too lost most of the times ...

If anybody knows that "box area" give me details , cause as now to me that is statistical analytics take over basketball management and they f*** it up every time ... Fundamentals you f00ls !!!
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Black_Dragon
Junior
And1: 234

Post#20 » by Black_Dragon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm looking forward to us clinching that 8th seed and the Bucks social media throwing #ownthefuture & upset the Cavs garbage down our throats.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks