ImageImage

To Pay Snell or Not to Pay Snell........ That is the question.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Keep, Trade or let walk............ TONY SNELL.

Keep him for no matter the cost
2%
Keep him for 13-17 mil a season
7%
Trade him for assets
22%
Let him walk if we can't trade him or sign him for anything under 10 mil a season.
68%

Total votes: 81

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,775

Re: To Pay Snell or Not to Pay Snell........ That is the question. 

Post#81 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Diggr14 wrote:Because we want to draft players that are chronically hurt or stuck in Europe for years. Hinkie wouldn't know what to do with an asset like Giannis.

Wait, we're counting Saric as a negative for Hinkie now? :lol:
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#82 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:Because we want to draft players that are chronically hurt or stuck in Europe for years. Hinkie wouldn't know what to do with an asset like Giannis.

If we got Hinkie, I'd (try unsuccessfully) do a back flip
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#83 » by Diggr14 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:

He's good.. but you dont have 4-5 years to tear it down draft players 3 deep at the same position and questionably draft just mediocre considering where he was in the draft.

Plus, going into a new arena I think fans expect near 50 wins soon, especially after footing a large sum of the 500M arena... not 50 wins total over 3 seasons like a Hinkie engineered team would bring. What Hinkie did was a pretty lazy method of GMing. If he was better at drafting, he never would have had multiple top 7 picks like he did.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Eeavers57
Pro Prospect
And1: 439

Post#84 » by Eeavers57 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Pay him, as I have my reasons.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#85 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:05 pm

Diggr14 wrote:He's good.. but you dont have 4-5 years to tear it down draft players 3 deep at the same position and questionably draft just mediocre considering where he was in the draft.

Plus, going into a new arena I think fans expect near 50 wins soon, especially after footing a large sum of the 500M arena... not 50 wins total over 3 seasons like a Hinkie engineered team would bring. What Hinkie did was a pretty lazy method of GMing. If he was better at drafting, he never would have had multiple top 7 picks like he did.

4-5 years? Surely people who criticize the guy know Hinkie was there 3 seasons, correct?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#86 » by emunney » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Hinkie built a formidable talent base by fully committing to the path the league's structure most forcefully suggests, but I'm curious to know what he would do to get from TALENT BASE to MOON BASE. I really have no idea. Did he have a plan for after The Process? Was it any good?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#87 » by Chapter29 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:10 pm

If we really believe he is a 13 plus M dollar player than I say try and trade him now and if there is no value keep him and let him walk if he is indeed that expensive.

17M? That's some funny sheet right there. No chance I sign him for that.

I did not vote.
Giannis
is
UponUs
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#88 » by SirChurros » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:27 pm

emunney wrote:Hinkie built a formidable talent base by fully committing to the path the league's structure most forcefully suggests, but I'm curious to know what he would do to get from TALENT BASE to MOON BASE. I really have no idea. Did he have a plan for after The Process? Was it any good?

Pretty sure the bolded is part of the reason he got canned.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#89 » by blazza18 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 pm

I think he's a solid role player. But I'm not giving him close to 9 or 10 million a year. We just made that mistake last offseason.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#90 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:47 pm

emunney wrote:Hinkie built a formidable talent base by fully committing to the path the league's structure most forcefully suggests, but I'm curious to know what he would do to get from TALENT BASE to MOON BASE. I really have no idea. Did he have a plan for after The Process? Was it any good?

This is where my skepticism lied with Hinkie. I'm not convinced he was actually very good at talent evaluation. I think there are numerous GMs that could pull off the same thing if their only goal was to cynically sell off productive non-rookie contract players for assets whereever possible and take BPA with early lotto picks. If you put Hinkie in an organization that demanded he put together some semblance of a winning product right away, would he be able to do that? We don't really know.

The Sixers are in an amazing position no doubt, but I don't necessarily agree with all the praise he got. His job was to replace a **** house with a good one, and he basically got lauded just for tearing down the **** house.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#91 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Have It All wrote:

Well he didn't get fired. And even if he did, it wasn't because of his plan after the process considering they were still in the process when he left the team.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#92 » by SirChurros » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Have It All wrote:

Well he didn't get fired. And even if he did, it wasn't because of his plan after the process considering they were still in the process when he left the team.

He essentially got fired. It was pretty much a resign to save face or you're going to get fired type of thing.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#93 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 pm

It was pretty much a "resign or be another Colangelo crony who already had a hand in your moves well before they forced you out".
emunney
RealGM

Post#94 » by emunney » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 pm

He got usurped because the owner lost his nerve, plain and simple.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#95 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:59 pm

A lot of comical Hinkie talk lately on here. Would one rather have Simmons, Embiid, Okafor, Noel, Saric, Lakers first, Kings swaps, our own first...or be in the treadmill like position of the Pistons, who are contemplating swapping parts for parts to see if something might work.

Gee tough one. Sixers weren't winning anything before, they peaked and would have had to start the swap for swap game looking for their own version of lightning in a bottle. The analysis of the draft shows that HOFs are found in the top half of the lottery. All fans want is hope, hope for that one day their team might compete at a high level for the championship. 1 method provides that hope. It might not work, but the methods and premise were absolutely correct.
Go Bucks!
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,886

Post#96 » by Fotis St » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:03 pm

Snell is having his best career year, cause Mid was down.
He was meant to be our backup SG ... Jabari's injury though, and Beasley being FA, leaves us thin at SF.
I guess that if the prices of Snell and Beasley rise our FO will have to choose to sign one of them.
The true question is who you choose from Beasley and Snell ?
I hope they both stay here earning about 15M/y in total both, but that is unlikely.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#97 » by ampd » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:13 pm

worthlessBucks wrote:The analysis of the draft shows that HOFs are found in the top half of the lottery. All fans want is hope, hope for that one day their team might compete at a high level for the championship. 1 method provides that hope.

Of the pool of every single championship team in NBA history, how many employed a 76ers style totally gut the roster and tank for years strategy and eventually won the championship?

Answer: zero

But yeah, one method to win the championship :lol:
worthlessBucks
RealGM

Post#98 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 pm

ampd wrote:Of the pool of every single championship team in NBA history, how many employed a 76ers style totally gut the roster and tank for years strategy and eventually won the championship?

But yeah, one method to win the championship :lol:

I said hope for a championship, don't confuse the two. Championship teams have superstars, who are found in the top of the lottery. There is no precedent for what they attempted nor do we get to see what the architect, who had ownership buy-in, got to do at the next stage with all his pieces.

How many teams have assembled mediocre garbage teams with no hope? Over half the league, each year, for an eternity.
Go Bucks!
worthlessBucks
RealGM

Post#99 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:29 pm

Snell has obviously been really solid (and great beyond the arc) the last few months. I like him and he's a nice little part of a bigger final equation if he's locked in at a good rate, but will we ever get the other parts? Like always, I would let the market dictate what we do with Snell. Shoulder shrug probably won't though, it has been quite rare in his near decade tenure. Could we find similar productivity off the scrap heap, like we just did to acquire Snell in the first place? MCW was scrap. Is there a second round pick who can offer somewhat similar production at a fraction of the cost? A journeyman free agent?
Go Bucks!
emunney
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: To Pay Snell or Not to Pay Snell........ That is the question. 

Post#100 » by emunney » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:37 pm

ampd wrote:
worthlessBucks wrote:The analysis of the draft shows that HOFs are found in the top half of the lottery. All fans want is hope, hope for that one day their team might compete at a high level for the championship. 1 method provides that hope.

Of the pool of every single championship team in NBA history, how many employed a 76ers style totally gut the roster and tank for years strategy and eventually won the championship?

But yeah, one method to win the championship

Nobody's done it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks