Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Re: Bucks Trade Thread - 2017 Deadline Edition 

Post#1381 » by tski1972 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:36 am

Read on Twitter
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Re: RE: Re: Bucks Trade Thread - 2017 Deadline Edition 

Post#1382 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:38 am

midranger wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
midranger wrote:Incorrect.

This is like saying "I won the lottery" after merely buying a lottery ticket.

no its like saying i bought a ticket that may win the lottery. the pick we acquired is the ticket

Nope. The pick is the lotto kiddie i.e. something tangible with actual value.

The Bucks acquired a practically impossible chance at a pick. Just like buying a lotto ticket.

nonsense. how does a lottery have tangible value unless you hold a ticket to it. id literally shred youre argument in any court with this reasoning.

where Denver finishes in the standings is the lottery. until then we hold the pick/ticket until the numbers come up. if they come up and the lottery shows our numbers don't win then our pick/ticket loses all value.... but only at that point.

so.... flat out no fcking way around it.....the bucks acquired a conditional pick WITH VALUE. that is the ticket to the lottery. legally it has to be that way or there wouldnt have been a deal. maybe that consideration has a practically impossible chance at ever being conveyed..... but that doesnt have a damn thing to do with it. We got a conditional pick as consideration and thats how the league office views it legally or NO DEAL.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,546

Post#1383 » by Frank Nova » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:39 am

Somewhat of a let down for me the non existent moves we made. 1st I wanted Rubio when he was put on the block (still do), then the Lillard rumor had me crazy excited (I would've traded Jabari, Thon and multiple 1sts), and then really at the end of the day all that I needed to be satisfied was to get John Henson off the team for anything. A top 55 protected pick for Henson would've sufficed for my liking. I would've ate other crap salary for even a minuscule asset to jettison Henson off the roster, but, everything apparently fell through and we are stuck rolling through as is...

At this point, a late lotto pick is more than likely where we are headed towards. There's always draft night where the opportunity to move Henson and the 13th pick for the 10th pick is a possibility? Idk, I definitely don't see anything beneficial happening for us the rest of the season. Giannis and Khash winning a playoff series would be surreal but what are the chances of that? Waking up a billionaire for no reason is about as likely as that would be...
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#1384 » by blazza18 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:14 am

Really talking up a pick we will never see lol.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
miamiflashfan
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#1385 » by miamiflashfan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:14 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
midranger wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
no its like saying i bought a ticket that may win the lottery. the pick we acquired is the ticket

Nope. The pick is the lotto kiddie i.e. something tangible with actual value.

The Bucks acquired a practically impossible chance at a pick. Just like buying a lotto ticket.

nonsense. how does a lottery have tangible value unless you hold a ticket to it. id literally shred youre argument in any court with this reasoning.

where Denver finishes in the standings is the lottery. until then we hold the pick/ticket until the numbers come up. if they come up and the lottery shows our numbers don't win then our pick/ticket loses all value.... but only at that point.

so.... flat out no fcking way around it.....the bucks acquired a conditional pick WITH VALUE. that is the ticket to the lottery. legally it has to be that way or there wouldnt have been a deal. maybe that consideration has a practically impossible chance at ever being conveyed..... but that doesnt have a damn thing to do with it. We got a conditional pick as consideration and thats how the league office views it legally or NO DEAL.

Good God who cares. The Bucks acquired a protected pick that has a snowball's chance in hell of conveying. Everything beyond that is semantics and not worth arguing about. You're arguing for the sake of arguing.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,995

Post#1386 » by midranger » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:18 am

Wake me up when we draft someone with the pick we "acquired."
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,995

Post#1387 » by midranger » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:19 am

blazza18 wrote:Really talking up a pick we will never see lol.

It's called being obtuse. And rationally speaking... a lunatic.

But he'd shred me in any court arguing that money has no value.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
TJseven
Rookie
And1: 221

Post#1388 » by TJseven » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:19 am

You can tell me there was no market for Monroe (and I'll laugh when he opts out into a better offer FROM US in that lack of a market)

You can tell me teams didn't want to tie into multiple years of telly delly so that they can fill a precieved short term gap.

You can tell me no one wanted Henson. Or Hawes.

You can even make me believe the league continues to see no value in beas. (See monroe comment for signs of the stupid offer we make him despite no market)

BUT F'ing Snell. You had to trade Snell and look we still got Snell. You can not tell me there was zero market for Snell.

People here want to keep Snell and I understand. You can see him as a role player glue guy on a title team. You can see him being like shump or green... but those dudes are FINISHING PIECES. You dont collect them until you are ready to finish because if you do you end up in no mans land. Not bad enough to raise your chances at elite talent... not good enough to win you anything.

But those who want to build backwards and top this **** out as a 4 seed can celebrate that they got Snell in the fold. They can pray Thon becomes a phenom or that we swing for the fences and find another mids or the pg version of a poor mans Giannis.

See me I wanted to tank for Frank... or Isaac... or Monk... and find a snell in 3 years when our window can feasably open. But no...

Like eating duds then throwing away the pick... like being paid to take salmons and watching him feast... opt out (which chi wanted but thought impossible) then PAYING him like idiots...

We AGAIN get the same shot.... got snell for dysfunctional crap... mids goes down... he plays well... sell high?... nope F that. Let's pay him!

Idiots... crusining down the road, radio blaring, wind whipping by on a beautiful day.... inexplicably take a hard left off road towards an oncoming train.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,688

Post#1389 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:20 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:the bucks acquired a conditional pick WITH VALUE.

:lol:
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
TJseven
Rookie

Post#1390 » by TJseven » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:27 am

As for the Hibby (Bennett lol) junk. We wont see the pick. We won't use the TPE. Having the 55pro and the TPE is more valuable than Hibby. Its a good deal. A wise GM would make that deal. A wise GM would also know he has the TPE in his back pocket and use the extra flexibility in a benefital way.

We got hammond... so that's useless crap for useless crap. Only difference now is that our donkey has a banjo.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,001

Post#1391 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:35 am

It's almost as if Herb Kohl left an owners manual behind in a desk drawer and Lasry discovered it.........
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,649

Post#1392 » by emunney » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:52 am

Toupane is so much more important than the conditional pick, which is included purely to fulfill CBA rules as minimally as possible. Toupane is the type of player you'd take in the last five picks if this pick, which was included in the deal specifically because it is the least valuable possible thing the Nuggets could trade, was ever conveyed.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,941

Post#1393 » by humanrefutation » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:55 am

midranger wrote:

It's called being obtuse. And rationally speaking... a lunatic.

But he'd shred me in any court arguing that money has no value.

Hey hey hey, Mids, maybe the Nuggets will go 25-0 to finish the season! But wait...even then, a 50-32 record still wouldn't finish in the Top 5.

But there's a chance!
lvckv
Starter
And1: 2,031

Post#1394 » by lvckv » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:00 am

Isn't the minimum for cash considerations in a trade $75,000? That'd be more useful than that pick
TJseven
Rookie

Post#1395 » by TJseven » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:01 am

paulpressey25 wrote:It's almost as if Herb Kohl left an owners manual behind in a desk drawer and Lasry discovered it.........

You see that level of crony crap in the FO of every sport. So many career retread dudes bumbling through their job the same way in multiple places in every league every year. Dudes who somehow got to these amazing roles who haven't the foggiest idea when it comes to value dynamics and maximizing every spec of an asset that they can.

Then you see Ainge... and you at least feel comforted in the fact that you aren't crazy... yet are horrifed by the fact that a forum on the internet has some 20 odd dudes who see this crap clearer than EVEN 1 GM. That should never happen... and sadly one of those cronies is ours.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,224

Post#1396 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:28 am

paulpressey25 wrote:It's almost as if Herb Kohl left an owners manual behind in a desk drawer and Lasry discovered it.........

Lasry opens drawer...Finds this...

#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,224

Post#1397 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:30 am

We should sell it for $2 million. At least we get some Yacht gas money for the Edens.
#FreeChuckDiesel
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1398 » by raferfenix » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:45 am

Man did Cuban ever get Noel on the cheap.

But we still have Henson we all good.

Read on Twitter
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#1399 » by Prince12 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:48 am

The more I think about it the more I like the toupane signing. Not necessarily because I think he will be a key player moving forward but just the thinking behind it.
They announced they are grabbing him less then ten hours post deadline which tells you that they are at least thinking about these types of signings and made the necessary move to open up a spot. Very encouraging.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#1400 » by Fotis St » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:49 am

Everybody needs to pay attention that East teams do not trade their best assets to East teams

They don't want to help East teams go against them even if it means they get less in the deal

Example : Cousins, Noel
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks