ImageImage

PG Thread (Utah) - Post all-star tank gets rolling?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Re: PG Thread (Utah) - Post all-star tank gets rolling? 

Post#221 » by JEIS » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:11 pm

Where is the Jim Mora playoffs? Playoffs?! Gif?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#222 » by LUKE23 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:15 pm

How many EOTY would Hammond have if the goal of every season was to pick in the double digits, but not make the playoffs?
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#223 » by mke_design » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:55 pm

So what happens when Zanik finally takes over? Do things change?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#224 » by har13 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:32 pm

The problem is big,i read the comments during games about the players or after,i read the trade proposals,if we must sign Snell or trade him,about Parker,about Delly or Teletovic but the problem is bigger,all the philosophy of this franchise is wrong.

I said it before Giannis is not only helping this franchise,its not his fault but many people are hidding behind his back.

The GM is hidding behind him and all of his mistakes.

The coaches are hidding behind his back,ts easy, when we loose and no one can understand what they are doing,even if they are not calling a simple timeout they are doing it for the young guys to learn,what young guys?

All the "own the future" idea is a disaster,they are telling you what ever is happenng sit down and be patience,we know what are we doing,don't jurge the coaches ,don't jurge the GM and most important of all don't jurge thw new owners,they are only telling you jurge Giannis(and Jabari before the injure) progress.

Same people over here are telling us that the GM brought Giannis and he is a good drafter and the same guys when we speak about Kidd coaching they protect him by saying what he can do with so many bad players,its crazy,so what?when we can start jurging them?

Why instead of speaking about how much we are going to overpay for players like Snell we are not speaking about what we believe must change from the botom,maybe its a good idea to open a thread about it,i mean about everything,basketball is changing,if Cs without defence are useless,if teams without 3 point shooters can be contenders ,the direction Bucks must follow ,except if people believe we don't need to change anything,maybe they feel good about the progress.

In my country the say "the fish stinks from the head",i believe in yours too.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#225 » by M-C-G » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:50 pm

I am glad we are still a mess. This thing needs to come to a head and it feels like being embarrassed at home and a poor finish to the season is the best course of action. It is the most direct way to removing Hammond and Kidd (or minimum his schemes).

I am willing to endure it and this comes from a guy that will still be sitting through another 5 or 6 home games yet this year.

That said the last three games I have gone to, I have seen Parker tear his ACL, us being completely embarrassed by the Lakers and the game last night where I have never seen a team with less on court chemistry on both sides of the ball. Literally no one knew what to do or where to be. It is like it was the first time they ever met and were put out on the court together. Utah is a good team but the play is inexcusable. Just need to keep everything as it is, get a new shiny piece in the draft and then make some org changes. There is some talent on this roster but the complete dysfunctional usage of them can not be overcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#226 » by M-C-G » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:54 pm

mke_design wrote:So what happens when Zanik finally takes over? Do things change?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I think the Plumlee type situations do for sure. This guy was an agent, so I hope he gets it. I also think Utah did some pretty shrewd things and just hope he was a big part of that. But even if he would have just signed Dudley instead of Mirza, and ZaZa or Dedmon instead of Plumlee, this team would be so much better off. But until the scheme or coaching changes, there is no reason to suspect we will see a better product on court

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Post#227 » by Frank Nova » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:15 pm

xTitan wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:our future GM constructed the team that just demolished us. My biggest silver lining takeaway. Giannis was good per usual, I think his fantastic all star showing will carry him through the season with tremendous numbers that luckily won't result in a ton of wins because we have a joke coaching staff and FO.

Still sickened that we are officially post trade deadline and Mike Beasley, Monroe, Terry, Delly, Snell, Telly and especially Henson are all still on the roster. That's 6 players and a Henson that should've all gone to contending teams for whatever small/partial asset we could've retrieved. But no, our quest for no mans land continued due to a lousy 3 game win streak before the break. 2 major reasons we just flat out suck and Giannis honestly deserves better. I support continuity and team chemistry but when you don't have the right personnel for the basketball court and the right leader, how they get along off the court is 100% irrelevant.

Um, who wanted any of those you mentioned?

I mean I get your stance on that aspect like we have immovable "assets" because they're not positive assets, moreso negative. But on the flip side it's not like Snell Telly, Dellevadova and especially Monroe and Beasley aren't quality bench depth and usable players. We can almost guarantee at this point we were relectunant to break down the roster rather than the alternative which you suggest is not 1 of the other 29 teams in the league had zero interest in any of our players.

Jordan and Cho dumped cap space for a 13 mil cap hit of Miles Plumlee the next 4 years, you're really that naive to think that not 1 of the 16 playoff teams couldn't have used an upgrade on their bench like Beasley, Monroe, Teletovic, Dellevadova or Snell? Come on man, just because we rely on those dudes heavily and they continuously let us down doesn't mean another team doesn't see that and think they can be used properly in a more fitting role...

Chasing Detroit for the 8th seed is still priority #1 and that's ever more so apparent with the lack of asset management we just saw pass on Thursday. Cleaning house is and has been in order for quite some time but our FO can't ever seem to get its head out of its ass no matter who it is...
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#228 » by xTitan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:28 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:
xTitan wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:our future GM constructed the team that just demolished us. My biggest silver lining takeaway. Giannis was good per usual, I think his fantastic all star showing will carry him through the season with tremendous numbers that luckily won't result in a ton of wins because we have a joke coaching staff and FO.

Still sickened that we are officially post trade deadline and Mike Beasley, Monroe, Terry, Delly, Snell, Telly and especially Henson are all still on the roster. That's 6 players and a Henson that should've all gone to contending teams for whatever small/partial asset we could've retrieved. But no, our quest for no mans land continued due to a lousy 3 game win streak before the break. 2 major reasons we just flat out suck and Giannis honestly deserves better. I support continuity and team chemistry but when you don't have the right personnel for the basketball court and the right leader, how they get along off the court is 100% irrelevant.

I mean I get your stance on that aspect like we have immovable "assets" because they're not positive assets, moreso negative. But on the flip side it's not like Snell Telly, Dellevadova and especially Monroe and Beasley aren't quality bench depth and usable players. We can almost guarantee at this point we were relectunant to break down the roster rather than the alternative which you suggest is not 1 of the other 29 teams in the league had zero interest in any of our players.

Jordan and Cho dumped cap space for a 13 mil cap hit of Miles Plumlee the next 4 years, you're really that naive to think that not 1 of the 16 playoff teams couldn't have used an upgrade on their bench like Beasley, Monroe, Teletovic, Dellevadova or Snell? Come on man, just because we rely on those dudes heavily and they continuously let us down doesn't mean another team doesn't see that and think they can be used properly in a more fitting role...

Chasing Detroit for the 8th seed is still priority #1 and that's ever more so apparent with the lack of asset management we just saw pass on Thursday. Cleaning house is and has been in order for quite some time but our FO can't ever seem to get its head out of its ass no matter who it is...

You've fallen into the trap of thinking since the Bucks were able to dump Plumlee that they would be able to dump all their salary guys, just don't believe that is true. Of all the trades that were made at the deadline, how many of those Bucks fall into the category of guys dealt? Many on this board continuously bitch about the guys you wanted traded, why would a contender want them or want to add their salary? You need to think more from a contenders POV and not the Bucks.
MilHammer
Bench Warmer
And1: 713

Post#229 » by MilHammer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:35 pm

I'm being hyperbolic, but along with teams like the Magic, I can't think of another team that's more stuck in purgatory than we are. At least other crap teams seem to be embracing the tank. Instead we are obviously trying to make playoffs, when we have no semblance of an effective defensive system, no half court offense, no eye for the future. I'm feeling pessimistic but this is gonna be a 13th pick in the draft type of year.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,831

Post#230 » by fansinceforever » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:46 pm

Crazy how in 2017 with new owners we're back to asking them to just play the young guys and let the chips fall... and they're still (unsuccessfully) going after the 8th seed.

It's as if nothing has changed at all.

This was supposed to be fun.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#231 » by Ron Swanson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:48 pm

Why all the pessimism? We just moved up to the 13th pick on Tankathon.

:rockon:
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#232 » by wichmae » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Own the Future with the oldest player ever to wear a Bucks uni. We have only 5 players on the roster under the age of 25.
Giannis, Jabari, Brogdon, Vaughn, and Maker.

Giannis is the star.
Jabari is injured.
Brogdon is solid.
Vaughn is awful, and Thons may actually be 25.

Its just pathetic. The roster is awful and Lasry is a tool. Met the dude once and he literally may be the most arrogant person Ive ever encountered. Were owning the future with an average roster age of 26.
lvckv
Starter
And1: 2,031

Post#233 » by lvckv » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Man I hope we pick top 10 this year
xTitan
RealGM

Post#234 » by xTitan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:17 pm

wichmae wrote:Own the Future with the oldest player ever to wear a Bucks uni. We have only 5 players on the roster under the age of 25.

Giannis is the star.
Jabari is injured.
Brogdon is solid.

Its just pathetic. The roster is awful and Lasry is a tool. Met the dude once and he literally may be the most arrogant person Ive ever encountered. Were owning the future with an average roster age of 26.

How many teams have more than 5 under 25 year old guys?
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#235 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:20 pm

So glad we signed Delly. Board really nailed that one.

Green font.
lvckv
Starter
And1: 2,031

Post#236 » by lvckv » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:37 pm

xTitan wrote:
wichmae wrote:Own the Future with the oldest player ever to wear a Bucks uni. We have only 5 players on the roster under the age of 25.

Giannis is the star.
Jabari is injured.
Brogdon is solid.

How many teams have more than 5 under 25 year old guys?

9: Sixers, Suns
8: Raptors, Blazers
7: Wizards, Hornets, Pistons, Thunder, Lakers
6: Jazz, Nuggets, Celtics, Nets, Magic, Bulls, Wolves, Mavs, Kings
5: Bucks, Heat, Rockets, Warriors, Knicks
4: Hawks, Pacers, Spurs, Grizzlies
3: Clippers
2: Cavs, Pelicans
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Post#237 » by Frank Nova » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:47 pm

xTitan wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:
xTitan wrote:

You've fallen into the trap of thinking since the Bucks were able to dump Plumlee that they would be able to dump all their salary guys, just don't believe that is true. Of all the trades that were made at the deadline, how many of those Bucks fall into the category of guys dealt? Many on this board continuously bitch about the guys you wanted traded, why would a contender want them or want to add their salary? You need to think more from a contenders POV and not the Bucks.

2 more years of Teletovic at 10mil or whatever isn't a terrible contract, we all know Monroes situation with his PO, Beasley is expiring isn't he? From a "contender" stand point these are players that makes sense from purely a basketball perspective.

What are we comparing players too? Can't compare anything to the cousins trade.. Atlanta traded for Ersan, Lou Will to Houston, KJ McDaniels for cash, Bojan for a 1st, PJ Tucker for a 1st, Nerlens Noel (who stinks) for a 1st, a decent prospect and salary relief...? Like come on bro our assets aren't comparable to any of those movable parts? I'd say just about all of our guys fall exactly into that category of the likes of players that were dealt. Every single team that made a trade basically gave up a small asset for bench depth...

I never said it was realistic to dump all our salary but more than just Hibbert for a pick we won't ever retrieve should've been done and we sat on our hands.

Go back through the deadline threads (ours and ATL), how many trades were made that multiple posters on here said "so and so took our trade"?? It happened multiple times. Why? Because ppl knew that the small asset return was gettable and the player dealt was comparable to what we have on the roster. Like I said if you don't think the plan to "ride this year out" doesn't have everything to do with the blinders our FO has for an 8th seed push then maybe you haven't been a Bucks fan for a long time lol. Not to question your fandom but we all know how this system we have operates by now. New owners are doing Kohl like things all over again. The Parker injury was just an excuse to "stay pat" or "ride it out".

If Jabari doesn't get hurt then we are even more likely to be buyers at the deadline and trade a 1st for a Bogdonavich or trade a 1st for a PJ Tucker.

You don't think the main goal is to sell season tickets for the new arena? How you gonna do that, by ending the last season in a playoff series... clearly the Bucks can't function at the same time from a business and basketball perspective, it can only be 1 at a time and that's the biggest problem I have with what happened this week with the state of our team. It's "we're going into ASW riding a 3 game win streak, we are nipping at Detroit and Chicago for a playoff spot, we can do this". That's the mentality and it kept us from being aggressive sellers at the deadline which was the 100% wrong decision.

Sorry for the rant, hope I didn't come off attacking, was only trying to make my point and I wish I could do it with less characters lol. I do respectfully disagree with your stance though that our tradeable assets were just not coveted and that's why we stood pat. Don't believe that for a second...
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#238 » by LUKE23 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:11 pm

Are there still weighted age stats? Be interested to see where we rank. To me that's a really telling Stat (weighted age vs. winning %).
xTitan
RealGM

Post#239 » by xTitan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:18 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:
xTitan wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:

2 more years of Teletovic at 10mil or whatever isn't a terrible contract, we all know Monroes situation with his PO, Beasley is expiring isn't he? From a "contender" stand point these are players that makes sense from purely a basketball perspective.

What are we comparing players too? Can't compare anything to the cousins trade.. Atlanta traded for Ersan, Lou Will to Houston, KJ McDaniels for cash, Bojan for a 1st, PJ Tucker for a 1st, Nerlens Noel (who stinks) for a 1st, a decent prospect and salary relief...? Like come on bro our assets aren't comparable to any of those movable parts? I'd say just about all of our guys fall exactly into that category of the likes of players that were dealt. Every single team that made a trade basically gave up a small asset for bench depth...

I never said it was realistic to dump all our salary but more than just Hibbert for a pick we won't ever retrieve should've been done and we sat on our hands.

Go back through the deadline threads (ours and ATL), how many trades were made that multiple posters on here said "so and so took our trade"?? It happened multiple times. Why? Because ppl knew that the small asset return was gettable and the player dealt was comparable to what we have on the roster. Like I said if you don't think the plan to "ride this year out" doesn't have everything to do with the blinders our FO has for an 8th seed push then maybe you haven't been a Bucks fan for a long time lol. Not to question your fandom but we all know how this system we have operates by now. New owners are doing Kohl like things all over again. The Parker injury was just an excuse to "stay pat" or "ride it out".

If Jabari doesn't get hurt then we are even more likely to be buyers at the deadline and trade a 1st for a Bogdonavich or trade a 1st for a PJ Tucker.

You don't think the main goal is to sell season tickets for the new arena? How you gonna do that, by ending the last season in a playoff series... clearly the Bucks can't function at the same time from a business and basketball perspective, it can only be 1 at a time and that's the biggest problem I have with what happened this week with the state of our team. It's "we're going into ASW riding a 3 game win streak, we are nipping at Detroit and Chicago for a playoff spot, we can do this". That's the mentality and it kept us from being aggressive sellers at the deadline which was the 100% wrong decision.

Sorry for the rant, hope I didn't come off attacking, was only trying to make my point and I wish I could do it with less characters lol. I do respectfully disagree with your stance though that our tradeable assets were just not coveted and that's why we stood pat. Don't believe that for a second...

Here is what I believe, the Bucks wanted to rid themselves of Monroe or Henson's contract badly, most likely Telly in that category as well and had no takers. I believe Giannis, Middleton, Thon and Parker (by default) were not going to be traded, everyone else was on the block but the Bucks wanted value back or at the very least rid themselves of the Monroe or Henson contract. If you truly believe the Bucks weren't trying to drop one of those bad contracts you have no clue how the NBA works.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,018

Post#240 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:35 pm

This thread has made me happy, as does a lot of misery on this board.

Just now coming to the realization I may be a sociopath.

Um hi?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks