ImageImage

When did Kidd lose the team?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Re: When did Kidd lose the team? 

Post#61 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Mar 3, 2017 9:58 pm

buckboy wrote:Well, BuckPack made my day. I may actually watch this evisceration tonight.

Amen to that.

Telly and Delly are clearly ****shows on this roster.

Plumlee was/is garbage but I have to credit Hammond for at least unloading him. However, that money could have been used better. For instance, lighting it on fire.

My hopes are at the end of the year there is a shakeup and at a minimum Kidd is gone. But for me, they both need to be if they want to earn back some trust.
vtime
Rookie
And1: 247

Post#62 » by vtime » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:17 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
diener34 wrote:I think the players like Kidd

As a kid, I had a crazy fun uncle, and thought he would make the best dad. Then you grow up and realize that as much as you like him, he has no business being a parent because you know he'd ruin those kids lives. This feels like that.

The players liked and respected Kidd because of who he was. That was only gonna last so long before they realize what a real putz he was.

Not nice. And wrong
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Post#63 » by JimmyTheKid » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:20 am

Hilarious bump
SKG
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#64 » by SKG » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:26 am

Q: if somehow bucks win the whole ****, does it make kidd the best coach in the league? :lol:
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#65 » by M-C-G » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:29 am

vtime wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
As a kid, I had a crazy fun uncle, and thought he would make the best dad. Then you grow up and realize that as much as you like him, he has no business being a parent because you know he'd ruin those kids lives. This feels like that.

The players liked and respected Kidd because of who he was. That was only gonna last so long before they realize what a real putz he was.

Not nice. And wrong

Maybe this was the thread that got the team to realize what a mess it had become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vtime
Rookie
And1: 247

Post#66 » by vtime » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:11 am

3 seasons, 2 playoff appearances, took over a 15 win team, Kidd doesn't deserve the hate from this forum. We could make the Finals, lose in game 7 and people would bash his rotations and defense.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#67 » by blazza18 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:14 am

Nah.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#68 » by hege53190 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:41 am

vtime wrote:3 seasons, 2 playoff appearances, took over a 15 win team, Kidd doesn't deserve the hate from this forum. We could make the Finals, lose in game 7 and people would bash his rotations and defense.

Well when he goes 11 deep in the first half of a playoff game it is reeeaallllly difficult to not question his rotations.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#69 » by Diggr14 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:26 am

hege53190 wrote:
vtime wrote:3 seasons, 2 playoff appearances, took over a 15 win team, Kidd doesn't deserve the hate from this forum. We could make the Finals, lose in game 7 and people would bash his rotations and defense.

Well when he goes 11 deep in the first half of a playoff game it is reeeaallllly difficult to not question his rotations.

John Henson was pissed. 48 hard minutes of sitting down to standing up after made baskets, towel waiving, and loud cheering... normally he's at home surrounded by Chipotle and weed at this point in the season.

Beyond pissed. 48 mins DNP-Chiptole Decision.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#70 » by Prince12 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:00 pm

Kidd playing Hawes instead of Thon and going with brand new rotations in game one of the playoffs was the dumbest **** I've ever seen.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Erifee
Senior
And1: 305

Post#71 » by Erifee » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:29 pm

Prince12 wrote:Kidd playing Hawes instead of Thon and going with brand new rotations in game one of the playoffs was the dumbest **** I've ever seen.

That's because you're playing checkers while Coach Kidd is running the table playing twelve-dimensional Candyland.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:His Suns about 5 or 6 years ago came close to getting to the Finals who got ripped off in that one playoff series when he was thrown across a table by Robert Horry who you might also consider an excellent core piece.
GFreak34
Bench Warmer
And1: 203

Post#72 » by GFreak34 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:38 pm

I don't get the hate on J-Kidd.. sure he made mistakes, especially with some crazy rotations that cost leads (like the away wizards game) but still, i think he s been getting too much flaming for what he s actually providing to this team.. His coaching style matures (which means that he's also evolving with the team).. but his experience as an elite player is valuable, his basketball iq is proven through out the years and he is maybe the greatest factor that Giannis (and now Brogdon and Thon) have been boosted their skills the they that they did.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#73 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Kidd lost the team.

Giannis found it.
GFreak34
Bench Warmer
And1: 203

Post#74 » by GFreak34 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:42 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Kidd lost the team.

Giannis found it.

Giannis found it, coz Kidd trained him to be able to find it.. Kidd was the first to promote point-forward Giannis and among the ones that worked his skillset to perfection all those years. So, he also deserves some credit for the work that he did with the teams young players.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#75 » by DutchManDanFan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:33 am

Starting Thon at a moment he wasn't at all ready to do so, might turn out to be a brilliant move.
Say what you want about Kidd, but I don't believe many other coaches would have done this.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,051

Post#76 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:36 am

Giannis, Middleton, Brogdon, Thon, Monroe, Snell have all improved over when they got here. And they seem to keep improving. That was evident on the court yesterday. From a player development standpoint you have to give Kidd and LED an "A" for the process and people that have been installed.

That said, I think if the Raptors were coached by Carlisle, Stevens or Pop, any of them would have figured things out by the first quarter, if not before the game. We've seen Kidd out coached badly on numerous occasions. I'm still not convinced he's the point B to point C guy and we'll need our Steve Kerr before long. That said let's see what happens the rest of this series.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,051

Post#77 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:38 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:Starting Thon at a moment he wasn't at all ready yet to do so, might turn out to be a brilliant move.
Say what you want about Kidd, but I don't believe many other coaches would have done this.

Uh, I think that was imposed on him by the management/ownership when it looked like the season was lost. Give Kidd and staff credit for his development. Starting him? I think if Kenyon Martin could walk, he'd have been our starting C yesterday if Kidd had his way.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#78 » by Dobber-16 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:41 am

Giannis found it.

You are the worst poster on this board. The only thing you bring here is hate. Move on somewhere else. Raps board would love you.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#79 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:51 am

Dobber-16 wrote:

Giannis found it.

You are the worst poster on this board. The only thing you bring here is hate. Move on somewhere else. Raps board would love you.

And you're the biggest joke on this board. All you whine about is other posters. You bring nothing to the discussion, ever.

I hate on Kidd, for good reason.

Anytime people gives him credit it's for the development of the young guys (even tho he bombed with MCW). Giannis was gonna be a stud no matter what. But I'm fine giving him credit for developing some of the guys.

The biggest issue with Kidd is his gameday coaching. The x's and o's. The schemes. The lack of adjustments. The crazy rotations. Those are all justifiable reasons to bash him.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#80 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:55 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:Starting Thon at a moment he wasn't at all ready yet to do so, might turn out to be a brilliant move.

Uh, I think that was imposed on him by the management/ownership when it looked like the season was lost. Give Kidd and staff credit for his development. Starting him? I think if Kenyon Martin could walk, he'd have been our starting C yesterday if Kidd had his way.

Yup.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks