ImageImage

PG Thread (Atlanta) - Fear The Deer 2.0?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,301

Re: PG Thread (Atlanta) - Fear The Deer 2.0? 

Post#361 » by 3Diamantidis » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:51 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Europeans love trashing American guards in Europe & other Europeans who are more effective in the NBA than they are in FIBA tournaments. Conversely, good Euroleague guards who could never sniff the NBA are gods.

Rubio was not effective neither in Euroleague tournaments but an opinion is an opinion.
I can't change yours, you can't change mine :wink:
BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Post#362 » by BucksPackers » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:57 am

LuessiT wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
Yes and as multiple times stated you can get 4 points by making a 3, getting fouled and making the throw. There are also technical fouls in play, too. Or a 5 second violation on the inbound. If you intentionally miss the FT the game is over because the ball won't be rebounded before the 0.2 expire. And it doesn't even matter if if Kidds call was stupid, Giannis had to follow it.

Giannis and Kidd probably don't care anymore. It's only Giannis fanboys/Kidd haters.

IIRC the clock doesn't start until the ball touches a player. All the one in a million stuff you just said could still happen except we would only be up 3. But that's one in a million.

You know what isn't crazy? Giannis being told to miss on purpose chucks it too hard and it either goes out of bounds or doesn't touch rim. The hawks then have the ball down 3. Isn't the most likely scenario of all the 1 in a million ways the hawks win? Which makes it even more dumb for kids to blow up at a moment like that when's the game is over instead of waiting til practice the next day.

That is correct. The shot clock starts once a player touches the ball, yet you can only call a timeout in that situation until you secure posession, which is pretty much impossible in 0.2 seconds. I'm not debating wether is a better strategy than hitting the FT (or attempting to hit the FT), I'm just saying this is a viable strategy.

Have you ever seen a 4 point play with .2 seconds on the clock. It more likely a meteor would strike your house then for that to happen since the rule stats you need .3 second to shoot the ball. God some people are dumb.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#363 » by drone3 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:37 am

If we are going to advance in the playoffs we need heaps more shot creation
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,514

Post#364 » by RogerMurdock » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:17 am

Chapter29 wrote:No chance Brogs comes close to ROY.

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,281

Post#365 » by rilamann » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:47 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
freewhitemoon wrote:I'm all for Kidd yelling at Giannis. Then one day Giannis snaps and goes LeGM on his ass

yeah I wonder what would happen if Giannis walked up to hammond and said I want this clown out of here.

The owners would probably trade Giannis before firing Kidd. I wish I was kidding, but that's how it feels sometimes.

I get that feeling as well.

I get that same feeling with the Packers too.If Aaron Rodgers went to the Packers front office and said he wanted a new coach the Packers front office would probably tell Rodgers that Mike McCarthy has lead the Packers to 8 straight playoffs appearances,then proceed to trade Rodgers.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#366 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:55 am

RogerMurdock wrote:

Ι hope it weighs in their minds that Brogdon is a very important part of an actual play off team, otherwise Saric's PPG will definitely win.
When do they vote anyway?
newerabucks
Senior
And1: 130

Post#367 » by newerabucks » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:12 am

ElPeregrino wrote:The Bucks could be holding up the Larry O'Brien Trophy after beating the Warriors in 7 games and there'd still be people on this board saying "Kidd is an idiot, the Bucks would've swept if they had a competent coach."
I tend to agree w/ this. Though I must say that earlier in the season the lack of a consistent effort on defense was really upsetting and I have to put some of that on Kidd. But when I see the difference that the addition of Middleton and subtraction of Jabari has made defensively it was also obviously a personnel thing.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#368 » by Chapter29 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:16 am

RogerMurdock wrote:

Oh come on now Saric is way outplaying him.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#369 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:19 am

newerabucks wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:The Bucks could be holding up the Larry O'Brien Trophy after beating the Warriors in 7 games and there'd still be people on this board saying "Kidd is an idiot, the Bucks would've swept if they had a competent coach."
I tend to agree w/ this. Though I must say that earlier in the season the lack of a consistent effort on defense was really upsetting and I have to put some of that on Kidd. But when I see the difference that the addition of Middleton and subtraction of Jabari has made defensively it was also obviously a personnel thing.

We need to start a discussion about this. The difference between pre-Khris and post-Khris Bucks is like night and day, but how much of this is because of change in personnel from Jabari to Khris and how much is it adjustments made by the coaches?
Did they even make any adjustments?
The other question is, should they make adjustments knowing that this might confuse everybody, or was it better to simply wait knowing that Khris would eventually be back and he would make our D come together as designed? I don't know the answer.
Personally I have no problem giving credit to Kidd if credit is due, but I need to clarify a few things first. And he still looks super dumb to me.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#370 » by raferfenix » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:24 am

So who do we start at center come playoff time?

Imagine it won't be Maker.

Henson or Hawes? If we are making that change you'd think we would test drive it a bit beforehand.

Monroe is certainly playing well enough to warrant it but I don't know if we want to mess with what's working with him.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,395

Post#371 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:32 am

I'd continue to start Thon. I wouldn't mess with what's working.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#372 » by blazza18 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:33 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I'd continue to start Thon. I wouldn't mess with what's working.

Thon starting hasn't really worked though.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#373 » by bigkurty » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:33 am

Chapter29 wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:

There is not a single advanced metric which would support that though. Sure he is putting up more counting stats but he is getting fed like crazy while they tank. Hell he is getting more shot attempts then Giannis per game.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#374 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:35 am

bigkurty wrote:Sure he is putting up more counting stats but he is getting fed like crazy while they tank.

Which is exactly how you win ROTY.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#375 » by bigkurty » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:39 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
bigkurty wrote:Sure he is putting up more counting stats but he is getting fed like crazy while they tank.

Which is exactly how you win ROTY.

Yeah I guess. I will admit, Saric has been really damn good over the last month.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,514

Post#376 » by RogerMurdock » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:39 am

Chapter29 wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:

You said there is "no chance" he "comes close" to ROY.

Even if Saric wins, to say there is "no chance" - zero - that Brogdon "comes close" is just the kind of HOT TAKE that Skip Bayless would love.
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#377 » by Sherman Douglas » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:39 am

Not sure why anyone cares who wins rookie of the year. I mean I guess we did see how it catapulted MCW into superstardom.
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#378 » by Sherman Douglas » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:40 am

Anyways, great run we're on here. Just wondering who will get the catastrophic injury to suck all the life out of the fanbase this time.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#379 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:43 am

rilamann wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:yeah I wonder what would happen if Giannis walked up to hammond and said I want this clown out of here.

The owners would probably trade Giannis before firing Kidd. I wish I was kidding, but that's how it feels sometimes.

I get that feeling as well.

I get that same feeling with the Packers too.If Aaron Rodgers went to the Packers front office and said he wanted a new coach the Packers front office would probably tell Rodgers that Mike McCarthy has lead the Packers to 8 straight playoffs appearances,then proceed to trade Rodgers.

I don't get that feeling at all. Kidd came in and he had complete control of the roster for his first season. It became clear the moves he was making weren't working out and the owners took away his control over the roster. The team is outperforming expectations this season but if the team was struggling, I have no doubt Kidd would be fired.
Read on Twitter
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#380 » by raferfenix » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:54 am

blazza18 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I'd continue to start Thon. I wouldn't mess with what's working.

Thon starting hasn't really worked though.

If playoff Henson (circa Bulls series) were ever to return this series would be it.

Hawes also has a lot of money on the line if he could step it up.

Sure we could stick with playing Maker a few minutes a night to start things off...but that seems riskier playing a team multiple times in a row when they can game plan to take advantage of him.

Either way hopefully someone steps up and we can tighten the rotation.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks