ImageImage

PG Thread (Raptors - GAME 6) - Bucks blew a 2-1 lead in the first round.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Re: PG Thread (Raptors - GAME 6) - Bucks blew a 2-1 lead in the first round. 

Post#621 » by Jez2983 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:26 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Nope. When you hold your opponent to totals of 83, 77, 87, and 92 points in 4 of the 6 games on 43% FG and 35% 3PT for the series, the problem isn't the defense.

Yes and No. Feel like had we played Cleveland or a Western conference team that can really line up the three ball, defense might have been a bigger issue.

For this series the main problems were we didn't have enough talent nor did we make adjustments after Toronto made theirs in game 4.

Sometimes I wonder if Kidd was still treating this as a developmental thing and having the guys try and work through the adjustments forced upon them.

But really it's just Kidd. Prepares the team well, as we see at the start of the series, but just can't get it done on the day. We easily could have won this series if we make those 3's in game 2 or hit our throws game 6. We had an absolute team of fighters though.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#622 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:29 am

If the owners actually pull their heads out of their butts, and fire Kidd this off-season, I'm throwing a huge party down in the Bahamas and I'm flying every one of you down there to celebrate.

Well, minus Dobber, Dutchman, GFreak34, JimmytheKid and anyone else who hilariously thinks Kidd is a great coach.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#623 » by xTitan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:57 am

VooDoo7 wrote:If the owners actually pull their heads out of their butts, and fire Kidd this off-season, I'm throwing a huge party down in the Bahamas and I'm flying every one of you down there to celebrate.

Well, minus Dobber, Dutchman, GFreak34, JimmytheKid and anyone else who hilariously thinks Kidd is a great coach.

They aren't going to fire Kidd, they like what he has done developing their 3 best young players, they know X's and O's aren't his strength, that's why they have a coach on offense and a coach on defense....perhaps one or both of those could go
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#624 » by Prince12 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:51 am

dkb33 wrote:
awd4cy wrote:Cavs beat Raptors 4-0

The Raptors beat the Cavaliers twice last year stating Luis Scola. I would bet my house that the Raptors will not get swept. The Bucks are a tough team and showed a ton of heart but don't be an idiot. The Raptors have a much better chance of beating the Cavaliers then being swept. Grow up and do not be a poor loser.

Ah no, no they don't. The raptors didn't show me anything to suggest they have a chance of contending for the east and i thought they were a great shot before our series. I expected we would get swept and yet i actually am wondering how we didn't win the series. Good luck and all but you definitely aren't a better chance of winning then getting swept...
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#625 » by aboveAverage » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:20 am

I just wanted to say I'm proud of the fight this team showed. Giannis especially is a rising superstar who plays his heart out every night and it's been a joy watching him this year. He will only get better from his mistakes.

This season was one of the most enjoyable bucks seasons in the past 15 years, even with the mid-season slump. Unlike playoff series in the past, this Bucks team isn't a one time thing and isn't going away anytime soon. We're building something real here and I'll be there for it all again next year. With Giannis coming back more experienced, hungrier and better, along with a healthy Middleton, Jabari, Thon, an improved brogdon, we've got a lot to look forward to next season. Go Bucks.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#626 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:26 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:If the owners actually pull their heads out of their butts, and fire Kidd this off-season, I'm throwing a huge party down in the Bahamas and I'm flying every one of you down there to celebrate.

are you gonna reverse united twirl to get him down there?
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,961

Post#627 » by sidney lanier » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:09 pm

Just a heads-up about the Bahamas, since I'm sure I won't be invited: it smells bad, the Bahamians are uppity, and the sports book at Paradise Island is five chairs and three 19-inch TVs. Enjoy.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
pxp920
Bench Warmer
And1: 406

PG Thread (Raptors - GAME 6) - Bucks blew a 2-1 lead in the first round. 

Post#628 » by pxp920 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:14 pm

sidney lanier wrote:

Just a heads-up about the Bahamas, since I'm sure I won't be invited: it smells bad, the Bahamians are uppity, and the sports book at Paradise Island is five chairs and three 19-inch TVs. Enjoy.

Yeah but it's also the home of the world famous celebrity hotspot, Fyre Festival. Beat that if you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#629 » by sidney lanier » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:59 pm

pxp920 wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:

Yeah but it's also the home of the world famous celebrity hotspot, Fyre Festival. Beat that if you can

You got me there.

The team was overwhelmed. The airport was jam packed. The buses couldn’t handle the load. And the wind from rough weather took down half of the tents on the morning our guests were scheduled to arrive. This is an unacceptable guest experience and the Fyre team takes full responsibility for the issues that occurred.
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#630 » by awd4cy » Sat May 6, 2017 4:38 am

dkb33 wrote:

The Raptors beat the Cavaliers twice last year stating Luis Scola. I would bet my house that the Raptors will not get swept. The Bucks are a tough team and showed a ton of heart but don't be an idiot. The Raptors have a much better chance of beating the Cavaliers then being swept. Grow up and do not be a poor loser.

Bump
bigbucksfan1234
Senior
And1: 187

Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Raptors - GAME 6) - Bucks blew a 2-1 lead in the first round. 

Post#631 » by bigbucksfan1234 » Sat May 6, 2017 4:54 am

awd4cy wrote:
dkb33 wrote:

Bump

Lmfao hope he didn't bet his house.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#632 » by HKPackFan » Mon May 8, 2017 7:33 am

sidney lanier wrote:
pxp920 wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:

You got me there.

The team was overwhelmed. The airport was jam packed. The buses couldn’t handle the load. And the wind from rough weather took down half of the tents on the morning our guests were scheduled to arrive. This is an unacceptable guest experience and the Fyre team takes full responsibility for the issues that occurred.

Freeport sucks but Atlantis is fun. I cant remember which side of the Bahamas I went to a long time ago.... Nassau or Freeport. I think it was Freeport and it was horrible. But we've gone to Atlantis a couple times and it's a blast.

Voodoo if there is a banana boat count me in.
#FreeChuckDiesel
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#633 » by sidney lanier » Mon May 8, 2017 3:12 pm

HKPackFan wrote:

Freeport sucks but Atlantis is fun. I cant remember which side of the Bahamas I went to a long time ago.... Nassau or Freeport. I think it was Freeport and it was horrible. But we've gone to Atlantis a couple times and it's a blast.

Voodoo if there is a banana boat count me in.

I do have to admit I enjoyed ogling the yachts harbored at Atlantis when I was there. At around a million bucks a foot, they look like nice ways to sail the ocean blue.

Mostly, though, not my ideal vacation destination.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#634 » by John Murdoch » Tue May 9, 2017 1:46 pm

U guys are like another wing scorer away
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,673

Post#635 » by chonestown » Tue May 9, 2017 2:19 pm

John Murdoch wrote:U guys are like another wing scorer away

hmmm wonder if theres anyone ont eh roster who cd fill the lane on the break and work the midrange ees a puzzle
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#636 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue May 9, 2017 2:34 pm

xTitan wrote:

They aren't going to fire Kidd, they like what he has done developing their 3 best young players, they know X's and O's aren't his strength, that's why they have a coach on offense and a coach on defense....perhaps one or both of those could go

then I'm kinda with the owners. I'm ok with kidd in this developmental role and I think the players like him too.... ultimate team dad and really steady emotionally. that's good. I also think hes going to get better and better the more time hes at it.

a higher profile guy like some of these teams are going with like a svg or like what skiles brought isn't worth the slightly better short term result for the personality at this stage of the ballgame. I think its important that we talk about the coach but we need to be careful about overprioritizing their importance. I think its REALLY important we don't go get a yeller until the guys are older and have won a little more.

we do need a new look with the assts tho. I'm convinced of that. I don't like our sets on either side of the ball to the degree that we run them. we play the trapping defense waay to much and we don't run an offense that prioritizes taking 3 pt shots when its there despite our ability to shoot that shot with a pretty good efficiency all the way around the horn. we need to take the ball out of middletons and Giannis hands so much in iso and get it back to the gaurds to get the ball moving.

some adjustments and some fresh blood with the staff is a good idea..... perhaps better than a total new look from top to bottom.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,666

Post#637 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 9, 2017 2:47 pm

We ended the year 26th in pace and 21st in 3PT attempt rate. Are those rankings promising for one of the youngest, most athletic teams with a superstar who is at his best when we get out and run in transition? Our offense grinds down to a snail's pace when Middleton handles the ball.

Fix the offense first.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#638 » by crkone » Tue May 9, 2017 2:56 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We ended the year 26th in pace and 21st in 3PT attempt rate. Are those rankings promising for one of the youngest, most athletic teams with a superstar who is at his best when we get out and run in transition? Our offense grinds down to a snail's pace when Middleton handles the ball.

Fix the offense first.

They were also 13th in offensive efficiency and 19th in defensive efficiency.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#639 » by sidney lanier » Tue May 9, 2017 3:03 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
a higher profile guy like some of these teams are going with like a svg or like what skiles brought isn't worth the slightly better short term result for the personality at this stage of the ballgame. I think its important that we talk about the coach but we need to be careful about overprioritizing their importance. I think its REALLY important we don't go get a yeller until the guys are older and have won a little more.

I think you're right. I would go further and even dispute the notion that the high-profile guy produces better results of any kind, slight or not. Just look around the league and show me evidence that a Carlisle or S. Van Gundy moves the needle at all.

Many here seem to be stuck on a coaching paradigm they're transferring over from high school ball or have idealized in other ways. Thrusting a Hoosiers Gene Hackman type or a Lombardi-style martinet into an NBA coaching position gets you nothing, or less than nothing. The NBA is a player-controlled league with a free-flowing, improvisational game. As for planned offense, there are three or four variations on setting picks and what happens next, and that's about it. More high-falutin schemes, such as the triangle, are illusions (as SVG himself once said, the triangle is pass the ball a couple of times and make sure it ends up in Jordan's hands).

So as a few vocal contributors here continue to believe in the magic of the scribbled clipboard as a way to sublimate their frustrations with the limitations of the current-edition Bucks, remember that there is no magic construct on either offense or defense that turns a bad shooter into a good one or a bad defender into a stopper. The best you can hope for from a coach is a supportive enabler who gets players to play their best. It would be a shame to lose that just because we're Kidding ourselves that what we need is a great tactician.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,666

Post#640 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 9, 2017 3:06 pm

crkone wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:We ended the year 26th in pace and 21st in 3PT attempt rate. Are those rankings promising for one of the youngest, most athletic teams with a superstar who is at his best when we get out and run in transition? Our offense grinds down to a snail's pace when Middleton handles the ball.

Fix the offense first.

They were also 13th in offensive efficiency and 19th in defensive efficiency.

We've been a good offensive efficiency team because we've led the league in points in the paint the last two years. That doesn't necessarily mean we've had a good offense under Kidd's tenure.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks