ImageImage

Bucks Jersey News/Jersey Deals

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,609

Bucks Jersey News/Jersey Deals 

Post#1 » by BroncoBuck » Fri May 5, 2017 10:06 pm

Tried searching for a thread on Jerseys, but they were closed or 4 years old. This thread would be for news on Bucks alternate jerseys (willing to bet we get another this upcoming year, hopefully get to actually wear our Christmas ones for once) and genuine jersey deals (not China).

I wasn't really sure where to post this, but it seemed post worthy anyways…I was on fanatics looking at getting my girlfriend a Delly jersey and noticed all the Bucks green replica jerseys are discounted. It seems a little strange that it extends to all players and not just the usual expiring deals (Snell, Jet, etc.) Even the custom green replicas are discounted. Maybe adidas is redoing the replicas to look better? Maybe the Bucks are retooling the jerseys in some small way? Who knows.
TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Re: Bucks Jersey News/Jersey Deals 

Post#2 » by TheWig » Fri May 5, 2017 10:09 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:Tried searching for a thread on Jerseys, but they were closed or 4 years old. This thread would be for news on Bucks alternate jerseys (willing to bet we get another this upcoming year, hopefully get to actually wear our Christmas ones for once) and genuine jersey deals (not China).

I wasn't really sure where to post this, but it seemed post worthy anyways…I was on fanatics looking at getting my girlfriend a Delly jersey and noticed all the Bucks green replica jerseys are discounted. It seems a little strange that it extends to all players and not just the usual expiring deals (Snell, Jet, etc.) Even the custom green replicas are discounted. Maybe adidas is redoing the replicas to look better? Maybe the Bucks are retooling the jerseys in some small way? Who knows.

I'm pretty sure Nike is taking over next year.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by BroncoBuck » Fri May 5, 2017 10:18 pm

TheWig wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:Tried searching for a thread on Jerseys, but they were closed or 4 years old. This thread would be for news on Bucks alternate jerseys (willing to bet we get another this upcoming year, hopefully get to actually wear our Christmas ones for once) and genuine jersey deals (not China).

Ahh yes you are correct. Completely forgot the change was coming this offseason. Looks like the Bucks will never get a sleeved jersey.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#4 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 5, 2017 10:19 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
TheWig wrote:

Ahh yes you are correct. Completely forgot the change was coming this offseason. Looks like the Bucks will never get a sleeved jersey.

Thank god.
Eazy E
Senior
And1: 178

Post#5 » by Eazy E » Sat May 6, 2017 2:20 am

I'd love for us to do a cream alternate.
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 211

Post#6 » by Karsenmitsche » Sat May 6, 2017 3:17 am

I wish we utilized blue more. I dont think anyone knows its one of our colors lol.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by BroncoBuck » Sat May 6, 2017 3:33 am

Karsenmitsche wrote:I wish we utilized blue more. I dont think anyone knows its one of our colors lol.

They've been putting out more Blue merchandise with the state logo lately. When the new merchandise line first released it was almost nowhere to be found other than a hat or two.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Post#8 » by ackypoo » Sat May 6, 2017 3:19 pm

need cream jerseys with blue stripes that say milwaukee in cursive on the front.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#9 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sat May 6, 2017 5:02 pm

I would love a home cream jersey alt with "cream city" on them with blue lining. Also wouldn't mind camouflage pride jersey.
Bucknado
Sixth Man
And1: 1,195

Post#10 » by Bucknado » Sun May 7, 2017 12:22 am

Anyone have any 2k mock ups they'd like to see next year?

I made some sickkkkkk black on blacks with a hint of blue and the deer logo. I also made some state logo alt home whites.
Eeavers57
Pro Prospect
And1: 439

Post#11 » by Eeavers57 » Sun May 7, 2017 1:03 am

Just post Giannis highlight mixtapes and tag MagicGiannison in them. I'm sure we could get some pretty good cream'ed jerseys, if ya know what I mean :wink: :wink:
Dante80
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#12 » by Dante80 » Sun May 7, 2017 3:03 am

Changing the white uniform to cream as the base color would be dandy imo. The green and black uniforms look fine as is. Maybe a little more blue in all of them.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by BroncoBuck » Sun May 7, 2017 3:47 am

From the ESPN article on how our redesign came about a few years back

Team executives agreed, but they also wanted blue added to the mix, to represent Milwaukee's location on the shore of Lake Michigan and Wisconsin's many rivers. "It's not an obvious choice, especially in terms of color theory," says Meyer. "But it actually provides a very interesting accent, and it also provokes the question: 'Why blue?' And then you get to tell the story of the water." Black was also added as an accent color.

But once the new color scheme was settled, some adjustments still had to be made because of dye restrictions. "The reality of the tight deadline is that we were not able to use our preferred shade of green, which was much darker," says Meyer. "The NBA people said, 'Look, if this was six months earlier, we could have done it. But because it's so late in the game, here are the three greens you can choose from.' It was the same with the blue -- we had a choice of the Knicks' blue, the Thunder's blue or a Carolina blue. We went with the Thunder."

I wonder if the Bucks have any plans to change the shades of green and blue going forward. With the switch to Nike it would seem now would be the time to do it (since in theory they wouldn't have to buy out the old stock of Adidas gear). I like the blue color as is (although I'd like to see more of it) but I'd really like to see a darker green.
Dante80
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#14 » by Dante80 » Sun May 7, 2017 9:20 am

Can a NBA team have four designated uniforms in a season?

If so, it would be very nice if we went with
Cream (Home)
Dark Green (Away)
Black (Alternate Home)
Blue (Alternate Away)
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#15 » by RiotPunch » Sun May 7, 2017 9:24 am

Am I the only one not digging the blue? Seems forced and does not fit. I like the reasoning behind it, but I just don't like it as anything more than an accent.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#16 » by Fotis St » Sun May 7, 2017 9:32 am

Giannis loves Black Jersey.

Fans Love Black too.

So

Home : Black/ Cream
Away : Cream / Green

More Black Please !!!

I really like black logo "M" too. It is looks like a BAT mobile, Milwaukee is Gotham, Giannis is Batman, and we wear Black !!!
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,218

Post#17 » by Matches Malone » Sun May 7, 2017 11:38 am

Not sure how I feel about having a cream jersey. Color just looks dirty to me.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#18 » by jakecronus8 » Sun May 7, 2017 12:59 pm

I think their kits are perfect as is. Just add a new alternate every few years and a sleeved jersey
Do it for Chuck
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#19 » by bango_the_buck » Sun May 7, 2017 2:57 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:I wonder if the Bucks have any plans to change the shades of green and blue going forward. With the switch to Nike it would seem now would be the time to do it (since in theory they wouldn't have to buy out the old stock of Adidas gear). I like the blue color as is (although I'd like to see more of it) but I'd really like to see a darker green.

I like the jerseys the way they are, but I think going with the originally intended darker green and paler blue would make them look even better. Then add cream home and blue road alternates and we'll be set.
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,785

Post#20 » by VooDoo7 » Sun May 7, 2017 4:23 pm

Fotis St wrote:Giannis loves Black Jersey.

Fans Love Black too.

So

Home : Black/ Cream
Away : Cream / Green

More Black Please !!!

I really like black logo "M" too. It is looks like a BAT mobile, Milwaukee is Gotham, Giannis is Batman, and we wear Black !!!

I'm a believer in home=white unis, road=dark unis. I hate that teams are messing with that. I guess I'm just so used to it being this way.

And that stand-alone M logo is hideous IMO. It should match the M that's on the deer's chest in the primary logo. They really dropped the ball on that one. Looks like a damn cartoon logo or something.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks